BR Case 700 Action Repeater

O

Octopus

I have a Rem 700 SA in a Hunter BR stock. The 308 spring and follower is from ADL.

So far I have not been able to get this to feed correct with the shorter BR case.

Can someone with experience give me some advise on this one?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Octopus

I have never gotten a short BR type cartridge to feed reliably from any kind of magazine unless it was a center feed type such as Accuracy International. In other words I have had no luck with Remington or Winchester factory mags even after blocking them. When the rounds feed off the sides (lips) of the mags they tend to roll forwards due to the short cases and not feed. Wish I had a secret recipe.

Options?

Just pretend it is a single shot 40X :)

How much room is there to extend the "Ears" and still have the bolt pick up the case? Perhaps more covering over the top of the case would guide it into the chamber area better.

Last edited:
Well - that answered one of my questions on weather I am going to try it or not . . I won't !! :rolleyes: I am in the middle of doing one and was considering weather to give a try to making it load from the mag or not . . I guess it is a single shot - I can live with a one hole single shot . . . :D

Well,
I have built 2 and they both feed fine. I used Mike Bryant's advice and played with the mag spring.
If you are using it as a hunting rifle, one shot is all you need eh?
Butch

Depending on the rifles primary use I might consider rechambering to the 6x47 Lapua. It doesn't seem to have the feeding issues associated with the BR case.
Good luck .

Back