Bix and Andy Action

skeetlee

Any new development on the action yet? It has been several months since anything was mentioned about the action. Just curious is all! Lee

Last year about this time, shot show I think it was they announced this action. I'm sure it will be priced out of my range UT it sure was an interesting piece. I am just curious. I have chris on face book so I'll give him a shout. Lee

The Bix & Andy owner and his son were at the World's in St. Louis shooting the new action, their carbon stocks and
their triggers. Interesting and knowledgeable to talk to. He said that the price of the action might negate it's going
into production but time will tell as we know some have the funds to buy whatever comes on the market. He has a
passion for the sport and is always looking to provide new products and ideas. He and his son are 2 of the nicest
people you will ever meet.
Regards,

Joe McNeill
SW Arkansas

Dusty,
I'm referring to Andy and his son who were shooting at the World's competition. They were
camping at the range and we shared a beverage or 2 around Trout's motor home talking
about their products. Nice people.
Regards,

Joe McNeill
SW Arkansas

The Bix & Andy owner and his son were at the World's in St. Louis shooting the new action, their carbon stocks and
their triggers. Interesting and knowledgeable to talk to. He said that the price of the action might negate it's going
into production but time will tell as we know some have the funds to buy whatever comes on the market. He has a
passion for the sport and is always looking to provide new products and ideas. He and his son are 2 of the nicest
people you will ever meet.
Regards,

Joe McNeill
SW Arkansas

Any buyer will be looking at a new stock as well. In the previous thread on this, I think the price was bantered about as being in the $3000 to $4000 range. In the grand scheme of things, that is not a whole lot.

Have you priced top quality 30 caliber bullets lately?

A good ploy would be to get a couple into the hands of a few top echelon shooters. Winning sells product better than anything.

By the way, if the actions and stocks were at the World Championships in St Louis, how did they perform? I would amagine quite a few eyes were on them.

Last edited:
With the titanium action and their carbon fiber stocks they easily made weight using NF competition
scopes. Andy mentioned that he would probably start experimenting with barrels and tuners also. He
had many ideas about what could be done to improve the equipment in our sport.

Dusty, Trout was on his best behavior, he only argued with Andy a little bit!
Regards,

Joe McNeill
SW Arkansas

Update on the Bix 'n Andy actions:- we have now launched the actions. There will be two versions. Titanium and Stainless Steel. For those of you who have seen the action you will remember that it has many features which results in extra machine time and production. The prices are certainly higher than your BAT, Farley and Kelbly like actions. We are selling the Titanium for $3,700 and the Stainless for $2,700. We do not have all the dope on our website yet but we will post it soon. We are looking forward to see how well it does in the various disciplines in the US. We presented it again at the Shot Show this year (Jan 19-22) and we were overwhelmed with visitors interested in the actions and the triggers. We launched the 2-stage version of the single-stage BR trigger which is proving to be very exciting as well. If anyone needs to chat about these actions, call me or Dave Gaboury at our office 701 371 4444 (BulletCentral.com)

Update on the Bix 'n Andy actions:- we have now launched the actions. There will be two versions. Titanium and Stainless Steel. For those of you who have seen the action you will remember that it has many features which results in extra machine time and production. The prices are certainly higher than your BAT, Farley and Kelbly like actions. We are selling the Titanium for $3,700 and the Stainless for $2,700. We do not have all the dope on our website yet but we will post it soon. We are looking forward to see how well it does in the various disciplines in the US. We presented it again at the Shot Show this year (Jan 19-22) and we were overwhelmed with visitors interested in the actions and the triggers. We launched the 2-stage version of the single-stage BR trigger which is proving to be very exciting as well. If anyone needs to chat about these actions, call me or Dave Gaboury at our office 701 371 4444 (BulletCentral.com)

Chris, are you using any coating such as Tiodize on and in the Titanium Actions to enhance the anti-gall capability? Or have you found it to be a non issue?.

I cant believe trout lured em in. They may think all americans are "trout like"

Dusty bite me! Yes they came to my motorhome and consumed an adult beverage. They took the bolt apart for me. It was a thing of beauty. The most important thing of course is will it shoot better than a 1200-1500 bat?
Trout

Bill

Years ago

I had a chance to buy a complete BR rifle built around a Gaulin Titanium action. It was very nice, very light. It was sticky however if you didn't push the bolt perfectly straight into the action. Titanium is expensive and toughter to machine I'm told so there should be no question as to the price difference. I wish I had purchased the Gaulin!

Pag, it was Chris' rifle. Gremlins as I recall :)

Having a couple TI actioned rifles I will say it is of utmost importance to have them coated. I'm sending one out today to Richter Precision in PA. for their PVD coating.

I had a chance to buy a complete BR rifle built around a Gaulin Titanium action. It was very nice, very light. It was sticky however if you didn't push the bolt perfectly straight into the action. Titanium is expensive and toughter to machine I'm told so there should be no question as to the price difference. I wish I had purchased the Gaulin!

Pag, it was Chris' rifle. Gremlins as I recall :)
Ya Chris told me all about it. Said the same thing you did about the bolt. Ask someone who was at the Nationals in St. Louis last year what happened to the lugs on a Bix action during the match, they cracked. Like I said, I'll buy one when the bugs are all worked out on them and no sooner. They ought to make a chrome moly action instead of the titanium one. Heck it's 40 something degrees here Greg, a heat wave. Might have to get out the Farley and do some shooting. See you Wednesday night at the off-hand 22 shoot. I'm coming down to Damariscotta and I'm gonna kick everybody's ass. Gee I swear something must of rubbed off on me when I was with Henry Rivers in SC last October. Sorry Henry! LMAO!

Last edited:
Ya Chris told me all about it. Said the same thing you did about the bolt. Ask someone who was at the Nationals in St. Louis last year what happened to the lugs on a Bix action during the match, they cracked. Like I said, I'll buy one when the bugs are all worked out on them and no sooner. They ought to make a chrome moly action instead of the titanium one. Heck it's 40 something degrees here Greg, a heat wave. Might have to get out the Farley and do some shooting. See you Wednesday night at the off-hand 22 shoot. I'm coming down to Damariscotta and I'm gonna kick everybody's ass. Gee I swear something must of rubbed off on me when I was with Henry Rivers in SC last October. Sorry Henry! LMAO!

Cracked lug?
Wrong heat treat? Wrong material? Uneven load on one or two of those small lugs?

Cracked lug?
Wrong heat treat? Wrong material? Uneven load on one or two of those small lugs?
Both lugs Jackie. Somebody that I know who was there and witnessed it told me. Your guess is as good as mine as to what made it fail like that.

Last edited:
Theyll figure it out just like farley did. Sometimes heat treat numbers on paper fall apart when the ppc starts beating on them.

Back