Big Piney USBR Match Schedule 2013

Viper225

I will list the match dates for the Big Piney Sportsman's Club, 18012 Highway B Houston Missouri.

BIG PINEY SPORTSMAN’S CLUB
50 Yard Bench Rest
(Revised 2/02/2013)​

SEMIAUTOMATIC CLASS: Any Scope, Rest must be 2 piece. Custom work allowed.

FACTORY SPORTER CLASS: Unmodified factory rifles costing no more than $600. Stock: unmodified factory, convex on all bottom surfaces. Factory Trigger. Any Scope. Work Allowed: Trigger Work, Bedding, Floating Barrel, Recrowning of Barrel. No Barrel Tuning Devices. Rest must be 2 piece. This class is specifically for CZ 452/455, Savage MK II, Mossberg 801/802, Ruger 77/22 etc.

SUPER SPORTER CLASS: Unmodified factory Barreled Action. Stock can be after market, Forend cannot be wider than 3”. Factory Marked Barrel. Factory Trigger. Any Scope. Work Allowed: Trigger Work, Bedding, Floating Barrel, Recrowning of Barrel. Rest must be 2 piece. This Class is for higher end rifles such as: Anschutz, Kimber, Cooper, Sako, Suhl, Remington 40X, Vostok, Winchester & Browning 52’s, Trainers Both Military Marked, and the Civilian versions, and Vintage Target Rifles.

CUSTOM CLASS: Any Action, Custom Barrel, Match Trigger, Custom Stock w/ Forend No Wider than 3”. Any scope. Rest must be 2 piece. Weight Limit 10.5 pounds including Scope.

UNLIMITED CLASS: Custom Rifles, No weight limit. One Piece Rest allowed. No Return to Battery Rest.

JUNIOR SHOOTER CLASS: Age 14 and Under

Super Feet: Are Required under all steel rest points.

For additional Rules See United States Bench Rest Rule Book. We will be following USBR Rules with the addition of a Semi-automatic Class in place of the Plinker Class, and Revised Sporter Classes.

A Match consists of (25) record bulls. One (1) round per record bull, unlimited sighters. You will have 20 minutes to shoot the match. Current Target 50 Yard USBR

Entry Fee $10 First Entry, additional Entries in other Classes $5 each.

MATCH DATES: 19 January 1 PM 23 February 1 PM 27 April 1 PM
22 June 1 PM 24 August 1 PM 19 October 1 PM

Note the 50 yard Rimfire Matches are held after the 600 Yard F Class Matches. We will probably break for dinner between Matches. Come on out early and have dinner at the Range.

We have completely new facilities for the 50 Yard Bench Rest Match for 2013. We will be shooting from the New 20 Bench Covered Firing Line. Benches are Concrete poured off the St Louis Bench Rest Club Mold. We have 20 New Target Frames, one for each bench. They all have 6” Tall Numbers on the top for identification.
http://www.bigpineysportsmansclub.com/
Big Piney Sportsman’s Club 18012 Hwy B Halfway between Houston and Raymondville Missouri

Bob Roach
Club President

Last edited:
Tuned Up Rules Some

After the first match and some discussion we decided to make a change to Sporter Class making a Factory Sporter Class for the Factory guns such as CZ452's and Savage MK II's.

We also made a Super Sporter Class for factory barreled rifles such as 40X's, Vostok's, Vintage Target Rifles, Kimbers, etc. This Class has no weight restriction.

At this time over 90% of our shooter base is shooting equipment fitting in one of the two above Classes. After doing some research we figured out that 40X's, Vostok's, Military Trainers, Vintage Target Rifles, etc. all weighed in over 10.5 pounds putting them in Unlimited Class where they are totally outclassed. The solution was a Super Sporter Class with no weight restrictions, but requiring a Factory Barreled Action. The reasoning for the Factory Barreled Action was the CMP Guns sold the last few years without wood or a bolt.

Everyone seems to be happy with the Super Sporter Class.

I have been working on me a new Economy Super Sporter / Custom Class Rifle build. What I have been working on is an old Russian Vostok. We cut 4 Inches off the 26 Inch Barrel, and removed the Adjustable Butt Plate assembly, and pulled the under Forearm Rail. We constructed a new butt plate from Delrin. Friday when I left the shop we were down to 10 Lbs, 8.2 Oz. We will get the other .2 Oz off next week.
Cutting the 4 Inches off the barrel and the recrown did not hurt a thing. We put a few rounds down range Friday. I was impressed. Looks like it may be capable of 240's with Wolf on a calm day on a USBR Target. I will need to get some Eley Teem and Black Box to try out in it also. I am totally happy with my $400 investment in this old rifle. I can tell already that it will outshoot my 64 MPR with no problem.

Bob

Last edited:
Back