Beggs tuner and 6mm Beggs

R

robdaniel

I just got back from a trip to Gene Beggs indoor range in Midland. I was able to shoot a 6mm Beggs rifle and tune it with his tuner and DA(density altitude). The cartridge is easy to work with and the tuner works exactly like he has described here. It is amazing to watch the groups change in a predictable manner as the tuner is adjusted.
I had a blast. If you want to be able to tune your rifle in an easy and predictable manner, I suggest you contact Gene, or better yet, go to his first rate range and learn how to do it from the maestro himself.

Butch,
No I used Gene's 6mm Beggs with an aluminum stock. I didn't want to hassle with the airlines and haul my guns. I could have brought one and had him put the threads on the barrel near the muzzle for the tuner. I think the results as to the operation of the tuner would have been the same. It works, it is repeatable and it is easy to use.

This is good news for me,because I have ordered a Krieger barrel with tuner from Gene.
Hope to get it in a couple of weeks.

Russel

I have one on the way as well, and am looking forward to it. I have resisted the idea of a tuner till now....... I jumped on the bandwagon largely due to Gene's explanations of it's operation and the DA tie in. AND, I like to experiment:rolleyes: I was intimidated by previous tuner designs for several reasons. They were more often than not created by their owners, which pretty much leaves me out, and they looked like something Jack Stone would call "more stuff you mad scientist benchrest shooters come up with".
Gene is a credit to the sport!
Bryan

Russell

Russell,

I am curious about the barrel you ordered.

In order for it to make weight, do you tell Gene what weight you want it finished to? I experimented with a tuner a couple of years ago. I still think it has possiblities, especially in light of what Gene has figured out with DA. Unless I wanted a REALLY short barrel, or wanted to flute the thing to fly-weight, I was only able to shoot it in HV. Will your barrel be turned down like the 22RF guys do with their barrels?

Thanks in advance for your feed back,

Roger

Jack Stone would call "more stuff you mad scientist benchrest shooters come up with".
Gene is a credit to the sport!
Bryan

Bryan, you ought to know by now, Gene Beggs is the "Grand Wizard" of the "mad scientest benchrest shooters"..................Don

Back