Beautiful Day at Tomball, Good Turnout.

jackie schmidt

We had a absolutly beautiful day at Tomball today for our first Club Match of the year. We had 42 shooters come out to enjoy the weather, competition, and hang with friends.

Conditions were really mild for the first three matches, but the typical Tomball winds started coming in at match 4.

These are the results:

Factory Class:
Tim Peck............226 2x
Brad Hodges........221
Rob Schumske......210 3x

Modified Class:
Larry Saavendro.....250 10x
Glenn Oaks............247 10x
Mike Wall...............247 9x

Benchrest Class:
Dwayne Pullum.......250 21x
Eddie Carter...........250 20x
Richard Pullum........250 19x
Ron Parker.............250 19x
Jim Barron..............250 18x
Joe Duke,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,250 18x

I would like to thank all of the shooters who support our Club Match program and the Tomball Gun Club for allowing the use of the Range to hold these Matches.
Our next match will be the first Sunday in March, 100 yards.............jackie

Enjoyed the match and visiting all the old friends.
Just need a few more X's. Next time I may be tempted to just go ahead and shoot that 200 yard target!

Joe

Congrats to all the winners! I dont think it would have helped me even if I had used Joe Duke's 200 yd target. Great shooting guys.
Nick

I haven't shot competitively in quite a few years, now that the kids are off in college I might be able to start up again. Are these matches open to anyone or members only? Are there any registered matches at Tomball still, probably been since 2003 since I shot at Tomball?

I haven't shot competitively in quite a few years, now that the kids are off in college I might be able to start up again. Are these matches open to anyone or members only? Are there any registered matches at Tomball still, probably been since 2003 since I shot at Tomball?

open to anyone, come on out, 1st sunday next month

Brett, the Tomball Gun Club is currently without a Registered Match Director, so for 2013, we will not have any Registered Matches.

However, as Club Match Director, I certainly welcome you to come out and have a great time at our Club Matches. As was said, our next one is the first Sunday of March. I have the gates open at 6 am. We start shooting promply at 9 am.

We have 3 classes, Factory, Modified, and Benchrest. If it shoots, we have a class for you.

Back