Bat ppc/308 combi bolt face?

P.Ericson

Anyone with experience about how the Bat combi faces work in a RBLPRE action using PPC cases?

Is it 100% truble free, or is it a 99% thing?

Regards,
Peter

I have used one for years. I also use it in 6mm Dasher. It works well with both cases. James

13zvnsn.jpg

PS I don't think that 100% is possible with any boltface.

My SV receiver/bolt works 100% with the 6ppc. Flawless!

yes and no. they can be tweaked to be perfect but it isnt guaranteed it will come to you that way. I have had a couple that worked great from the get-go and i have a couple that needed to be tweaked a bit. But yes it is a cool concept and it will work. A lot of action makers are doing this now i see. Good luck! Lee

BAT combo boltface 6PPC/.308

I have a BAT RBLPRE action with dual purpose boltface. I have the problem that the case extracts from a 6PPC chamber but the bolt drops it just in front of the chamber before it can be ejected. Does anyone know how to modify this ?

Skeetlee you say you have encountered this and this can be modified. Could you tell me how that is done, either here or in an email (bergur@lsh.is) ?

Thanks in advance
Bergur

Sounds like your extractor needs adjusted so that the top of the extractor falls closer to the center of the bolt face center. Its all in the angle of that extractor. For example. just say your extractor has a 80 degree angle now. It will need to be tweaked so that it has a 70 degree angle. these numbers are just that, numbers and i am sure they dont represent the real degree of the extractor. I just cant think of any other way to describe what needs to be done. Hope this makes since. Lee

Bat

Thanks for the answere. I get what you mean skeetlee, so basically I would have to aquire a couple of more extractors and use the trial and error method ?

Perhaps I would have to get one extractor that hasnt any angle ground into it as it would be possible to grind some from an extractor to change the angle but I would assume it would be difficult to "ungrind" one if the angle has been grount to much.

You can get a replacement from Bat that will work 100% with PPC cases, but it might not work with BR cases. Guess you can make it work good with both if you put some time into it.

Am i saying this right fellas? Last thing i would ever want to do is give false info here. This is the way i understand it. Lee

BAT´s excellent customer service

A couple of days ago I was looking for solution to a slight problem I have with ejection of 6PPC from a BAT PPC/.308 combo boltface.

I sent an email to Bruce at BAT Machines and got the following answere.

"I personally do not recommend doing a bolt face that is intended to do both the PPC and BR case as it is always a compromise and will never work as well as a dedicated PPC bolt.

With that being said, I have modified the extractors on a few bolts that made them work much better for the PPC, giving 100% ejection when the bolt is operated at a reasonable speed."

A couple of hours later he sent me an e-mail where he said he had just sent me all the way to Iceland a new worked on extractor that would do a better job of handling both BR and PPC cases. Free of charge.

Customer service and product support doest get much better than this.

Back