BAT Mods needed.

skeetlee

I would like to have the recommended weights added to my BAT SV firing pin. along with the modified spring. Can someone here help me with this project or steer me in the correct direction. Thank you very much. Lee

Just a thought-
Call BAT & inquire???

I knew there was a reason to build on a Barnard P-O2!!!!!
Just a fact-

Well if there IS a problem with the BAT actions......please please don't tell my BAT SV.
I just worked out the two gun agg on this rifle, over all barrels fitted, from when I got it in 2005 to the end of 2008 is 0.2695".

Lee have you shot the rifle to see how it shoots???...Ian

I would like to have the recommended weights added to my BAT SV firing pin. along with the modified spring. Can someone here help me with this project or steer me in the correct direction. Thank you very much. Lee

Could someone please explain what this is all about? I have several BAT Actions and I'm very curious. This is the first I've heard of a this problem. Why is BAT not correcting this problem?

Bat sv

Yes, if there is some problem out there I would like to know also I have two SV's and besides turning the trigger hanger to the position that gives the best ignition and timing I have not had any issues.

The fact that some are now berrating Bat for this is absolutely ridiculous. Dwight Scott does this modification and has his reasons for doing it. THAT DOES NOT MEAN THAT THERE IS ANYTHING WRONG WITH THE STOCK BAT. This sport has individuals that will go to extreme measures to make things better. Just because someone thinks they have an improvement to a product, doesn't make the product inferior. I think the idea is to have more inertia to improve ignition, but I'm not certain. I shoot the short Bats and they will shoot very well. This may just be a modification to get the last bit of potential from the action.

I have only gotten to fireform about 30 pieces of brass with my new BAT SV. groups seemed pretty good, i must say. I am interested in talking with Dwight Scott on this subject though. Does anyone have a number or an e-mail? thanks Lee

If you've been around BR for some time, you've heard the stories about a particular action that wont shoot no matter what barrel you put on it. Many times it can be traced back to the ignition mechanism. These actions are not the norm however, rather the exception. Dwight's spring and bushing kits can help to make such an action perform better. But until you have put your action through its paces with the original firing mechanism, you don't know if you have a problem. Now while a shooter with a very deep knowledge of BR may be able to tweak an already good shooting gun into a great shooter with a kit like this, a novice would be pissing into the wind until he learned how to play this game. Also, these mods aren't exactly a drop in fix either. Sure you can put a new spring an bushing in pretty easily, but fine tuning is what these things are all about. The springs come long and need to be trimmed to the proper length for the proper amount of tension, and I've found that the bushings need to be tuned (lightened) to the proper weight also.

Back