BAT Actions

S

Stilesville204

What is it about the BAT actions make them the most used in BR ?

Thanks Robert

Wide variety. Well made. Several options if you ask for them. Easy to get.

Heck, I wanted a R-L-R BAT M for my long range Rifle, I called Bruno and had it in 3 days.

There is really not much difference in the accuracy potential of most of the popular Custom Actions. Out of the box, I would put a Panda against any.

BAT has put a big effort into getting their products into the hands of very capable shooters. Winning is the best advertisement you can get.

BAT gives you an option to actually tune the action to the trigger that you have.Tune Timing what ever you want to call it.Triggers are not the same, they need to be adjusted to the action.
BAT has trigger hangers for adjustment of firing pin drop, and you can adjust the the firing pin it's self a bit.
Someone may be able to explain this better than me.
Ignition is the key to accuracy, being able to control that with out a gunsmith is a huge advantage.
I am sure you can do it with other manufacturers, but BAT makes it easy for the shooter.
Todd Tyler

Bat gives you many configurations on there actions to choose from,weather you want a 2 lug 3lug or even one that has the lugs that start vertical and close horizontal . Bat machine has never forgotten about the benchrest shooter and has gone out of there way to make sure they have the right configurations we benchrest shooters demand. They have built some of their actions by gathering valuable information by some of the best shooters and gunsmiths in the world. All you have to do is look at the equipment lists and see that Bat actions pretty much dominates them. I personally like and shoot Bat actions exclusively, but i also have other custom actions, they are all great actions.

Last edited:
Every action has it's strong points. IMO the shooter is the one who makes the difference, not the action. You can give a great shooter any action out there and He'll make it work. The most popular action out there isn't going to make a mediocre shooter into a Tony Boyer.

gabe
Im not real sure BAT cares what we all think. for the most part anyway. As long as they are selling actions, and there is a year long wait to get one, they arent changing anything.
we shooters have been sending our firing pins off to have weight and heavier springs added, almost since the beginning. BAT is very well aware of the issue, but it doesn't seem to matter. Some might even argue the fact that a BAT doesnt have enough firing pin fall either? Most everyone knows that if you want a BAT to perform at its peak, you will need to have a little work performed on the action to get there.
Dont get me wrong. i really like my BAT actions and i think i have around 7 of them. My favorite being one of the old originals before BAT started making the quick detachable firing pin. My old BAT has the traditional screw on type. Much better in my opinion.
BAt does offer lots to choose from, and man are they smooth!! I dont think BAT has anything on the competition, and maybe in fact they are lacking a little compared to their competition?? The New Neuvo action might be a game changer, but its a little early to know. of course this is just my two cents. not worth much. Lee

Lee i have a few bat actions and have really never experienced any problems with any of them as far as firing pins are concerned. I just got 2 new bat actions and both actions had the new redesigned firing pins installed in them. The new actions now have an updated firing pin very similar to dwight scotts design. When I talked to lou murdeca at a shoot one time he did tell me that he had installed a different type of firing pin of his design on his action, but thats my buddy lou,his different but in a good way. I guess Custom actions are like racing engines , you run them and then you take them apart and try to put something better in them for the next race or match

Last edited:
gabe
Im not real sure BAT cares what we all think. for the most part anyway. As long as they are selling actions, and there is a year long wait to get one, they arent changing anything.
we shooters have been sending our firing pins off to have weight and heavier springs added, almost since the beginning. BAT is very well aware of the issue, but it doesn't seem to matter. Some might even argue the fact that a BAT doesnt have enough firing pin fall either? Most everyone knows that if you want a BAT to perform at its peak, you will need to have a little work performed on the action to get there.
Dont get me wrong. i really like my BAT actions and i think i have around 7 of them. My favorite being one of the old originals before BAT started making the quick detachable firing pin. My old BAT has the traditional screw on type. Much better in my opinion.
BAt does offer lots to choose from, and man are they smooth!! I dont think BAT has anything on the competition, and maybe in fact they are lacking a little compared to their competition?? The New Neuvo action might be a game changer, but its a little early to know. of course this is just my two cents. not worth much. Lee

Actually, Bat has changed their firing pins to a larger diameter pin that gives it more weight. I recently had a Bat DS come in from being stocked that had been ordered from Lester who had sent it to Dwight to have gone over and checked out before being sent to have it stocked. The action had the new firing pin assembly in it that Bat is currently making. No weight had been added to it. Don't know whether the springing was original or not. The action was one of the melanite coated actions and it was unbelievably smooth.

Last edited:
But with the new firing pin you lost the adjustability, run it in till it's tight and lock it down..... jim

Back