BAt Action???

skeetlee

I just bought a BAT SV that was used and i think i may have a problem with the firing pin. It works but sounds really weak when tripped off. I have a brand new BAT SV action and there is a huge difference between the two. Are these pins adjustable? Why would it be so much weaker than my other? Any ideas? I will call BAT and see what they have to say, but the last time i tried calling i wasnt able to get through. Thought maybe someone here might have some experience and could help. Thanks Lee

I tried two different triggers and it didnt help.

just wanted to make a couple things clear. I am not unhappy with the action just wanting to learn how it works. It looks like i can be adjusted, i just dont want to screw anything up. I did clean it before putting it back together. thanks and any info would be appreciated. Lee

The force from the spring can´t be adjusted. What you can adjust is the fireing pin drop (switching the trigger hanger around), and the position on the sear engagement piece on the fireing pin. Neighter one will have any great affect on the striking force.

Measure the force it takes to compress the spring (put the fireing pin unit on a scale and push downward until the spring compress). Most people claim that around 20lbs is the right number.

If yours are weaker that that, contact Bat to get a heavier spring.

Last edited:
Ok i think i am getting closer in figuring out why my spring sounds so weak. I put the bolt from my new ppc into the action in question and it also sounds weak. The new ppc really sounds snappy, but the 6.5x47L sounds really lite. The trigger hanger in the 6.5x47L also looks a bit different. Like i said above it has the numbers 10 and 20 on each end. I have it set up were the number 20 is closest to the muzzle end, and the way i understand it, if i am correct is that this increases the spring travel. It sounds a tad bit stronger this way, but no wear near as strong as my new ppc. I cant get the trigger hanger out of the new rifle until i get a 7/64 angle type allen wrench. I will get one of these in a bit after the local farm store opens up. I am thinking the hole deal is in the hanger.
What i need to know, or at least what i would like to know is if maybe the ppc has an increased travel time, thus allowing a much stronger spring pressure? Also i would Ike to know if the 6.5x47L also needs a strong spring strike like the ppc has? Maybe it doesnt need as much pressure, i just dont know. Sorry fellas that i come to you with these types of questions. I dont have anyone local to confide in, and these types of things interest me very very much. I love learning about these types of things and tinkering with this stuff. I dont want to sound like i am jumping to any conclusions, i am just interested thats all! I really want this little BAT action to work out, and i think it will. I just "think" it could use a little more striking force or spring pressure and i am hoping a different trigger hanger will allow this. Does any of this make since? Sorry that i am not the best at describing the situation. I fix water mains for a living, I am not a writer. Thanks fellas! Lee

What P.Ericson said, measure the spring. Drill a hole in a 2x4 or something to put the firing pin into so it doesn't get damaged, and use a bathroom scale if nothing else. See what it takes to compress it the same amount. Go from there.

about 21 pounds. The spring is fine. Its the hanger that was the problem. well really no problem at all, it is fine as it is. The spring just didnt sound as strong to me as the spring on my ppc, Each BAT SV action i have has different trigger hangers one with the number 10 and 20 and the other with the numbers 30 and 0 witch translates to different trigger or travel times. See i learned a couple things here. Thanks for the PM's guys i appreciate the info very much!! This is a good group of fellas here, for sure!! Lee

Back