BAT action wrench

B

BrandonK

where is the best place to pick one of these and a barrel vise up and whats the typical damage. Thanks

Source of action wrench

Known source of action wrenches:BAT Machine; available in R port, L port and rear entry (the last is the preferred one in Idaho). $50.00. Web site is BAT Machine.com. Possible sources of action wrenches and known source of barrel vises: benchrest advertisers on this web site, in NBRSA News & Precision Shooting Magazine. Some of the more well known are Bruno's Shooters Supply, Hoehn Sales Inc. and Sinclair International. Other more general shooting suppliers such as Cabellas, Midway and Brownells are unlikely to have exactly what you will need. The barrel vise is universal and will cost about $60.00 new. The action wrenches are specific , especially the three lug, to the actions. Tim

Last edited:
Try Tom Piechota

Tom Piechota makes a nice rear entry T wrench that requires no sockets or wrenches and turns up at an angle to keep the cross bar away from the stock. It's the only way to go, IMHO.....

Does this fellow

Tom Piechota makes a nice rear entry T wrench that requires no sockets or wrenches and turns up at an angle to keep the cross bar away from the stock. It's the only way to go, IMHO.....

still make action wrenches? If so, do you have contact info? Tks --Greg

I have a BAT

I have rear entry wrench made by BAT-----works as expected.

Was able to order it with a phone call.

A. Weldy

rear entry wrench. Works fine on my older hunter stock with a drop away pistol grip, but does not have enough room between wrench and really straight grip and butt stock of a Leonard stocked BAT I just got. Cannot put a box end wrench or socket on it. I just ordered one from PMA Tool, its longer and has a slight angled upward bend to cure that problem, and it uses a slide through handle like the Borden wrenches so no chance a wrench or socket will slip off and wreak havoc with the stock. I'm surprised BAT hasn't gone that route.

we were in extreme northern maine

There's snow in Michigan, Greg, but not here. We're in the balmy Thumb of Michigan.

drove up 10/16 and Wednesday morning the ground was white with about 2". Melted by end of the day but it continued to rain shower/snow all the while we were there. Harbinger of things to come!

where is the best place to pick one of these and a barrel vise up and whats the typical damage. Thanks

PMA Tool. The viper barrel vice is one of the nicest, non marring vices on the market. Their SS rear entry tool is curved on the ass end so it doesn't hit the stock.

Ordered

PMA Tool. The viper barrel vice is one of the nicest, non marring vices on the market. Their SS rear entry tool is curved on the ass end so it doesn't hit the stock.

one yesterday. It still baffles me why BAT still produces that straight wrench only when it just does not work with newer stock designs.

I called Kelblys

and they told me they did not make a BAT action wrench. I got one from PMA Tool. Nice, More $, made of SS both wrench and handle. Has upswept wrench that does not interfere with a Scoville stock.

and they told me they did not make a BAT action wrench. I got one from PMA Tool. Nice, More $, made of SS both wrench and handle. Has upswept wrench that does not interfere with a Scoville stock.

I imagine that is a copy of Tom Piechota's wrench, which might be a copy of someone else's, who knows. I love that wrench, it will serve you well. Good luck.

Back