Bart Sauter Wins 2015 NBRSA Southeast Regional Championship

Steve Lee

It was quite a weekend at River Bend. Light conditions led to very small aggs. Bart shot potential world record aggs in Unlimited 200 (.1797) and Heavy Varmint 100 (.1290). I shot .1614 in Heavy 100...you would think an agg like that would be a win rather than second, but NOOOOOO! Bart had to go shoot .1290!

A number of other shooters delivered outstanding performances.

Bill Greene got his first win and first SE Region Hall of Fame point shooting .1723 in Heavy Varmint 200.

Don Hardeman won his first SE Region Hall of Fame point in Unlimited 100 shooting a .2064.

Jeff Graves won Light Varmint 200 (.1975) and Light Varmint Grand (.1771) giving him three SE Region Hall of Fame points which put him over the top. Congratulations to Jeff our newest Hall of Fame inductee.

After shooting .1290 in Heavy 100, Bart struggled a bit at 200. At the end Bill Greene and I were nipping at his heels for the Heavy Grand but didn't quite get there. Bart barely beat Bill Greene by .0006 to take the Heavy Grand.

Complete results are attached.

Steve

Attachments

• NBRSA SE Regional Championship 2015.xls
    64 KB · Views: 337
  • NBRSA SE Regional Championship 2015.pdf
    377.9 KB · Views: 396
Last edited:
Thanks for a great thread Steve.. Congrats to all the shooters. Thanks to Jim Andrus, Bill Dittman, Joe, Bill Griffith, target crew, and the cooks The Hoods! Hope I did not miss anyone.
Riverbend is my favorite place to shoot.
Bill

There are lots of Congratulations to go around!

Danny Morgan shot his first teen agg.

Danny Morgan dragging wood at an earlier match at Brock's Gap!

Tim "Young Gun" Singleton 2nd in the 2 Gun!

Bill Greene aka Trout picked up his 1st South Eastern Region Hall of Fame point!

This is a two-fer! Don Hardeman also picked up his 1st SER Hall of Fame point! Steve "Puppy Hater" Lee is in the front! He shot extremely well and came in 2 in the 3 Gun and shot a HV 100 1614 Agg

Jeff Graves shot his way into the SER HALL OF FAME BY picking 3 points for a total of 10!

Here is another aside point! When I started struggling on the last day, guys that were shooting well like Mark Roper, Jeff Graves, Trout, Don Hardeman and Gary Sullivan all shared load information with me. Mark was shooting a few benches down from me and said. Little buddy 28.7 of LT is drilling a hole for me. Didn't even have to ask!

I don't think you'll find that in many other places! We have an incredible bunch of guys!

Great weekend and great shooting and thanks to all!
Bart

Last edited:
Bart makes an excellent point on the great bunch of guys we have to shoot with

There was much talk lately about this being an individual sport and it is, but it never really feels that way to me.
Everybody Ive met so far have went out of their way to help me.
Everyone is trying to help the guy next to him shoot better it's a great thing knowing that we want to see each other do well and are happy for them when they do

Thanks Bart

Thanks for those pictures. Yes, and congrats to Danny Morgan on 1st teen Agg. Danny is great guy . Great job by Jeff Graves, getting thhe points he needed to put him in S.E. Hall of Fame

great match/range to go too........

great shooting went on this past weekend at river bend. don't know if i should use it as a motivation or to say i can't compete with the rifles/shooters now a days (not that i ever could) ........ anyway i would LOVE to thank Jim and River Bend for putting on a great match. Great job to the target crew. the rest of the list I'm scared to try to mention names for the fear of leaving good hearted people's name out...... I tried to save money at this match and not stay in a hotel (got there Tuesday) said i was going to sleep in my truck (ford ranger) did it the first night and lets say it was not good. had MANY shooters offer me a spot in their trailers or offer cots for me to use, I'm very hard headed and didn't want to abuse someones kindness. anyway lets say i sleeped in someones trailer the rest of the week. as far as food goes............. man......... the kindness there was unbelievable too. the way these people cook at a match was like going to a great restaurant. a big THANK YOU goes out to all of them. had a problem with my bolt and had people step up and help solve the problem for me THANK YOU for that........ again thanks from the bottom of my heart to River Bend and all the shooters that showed up and supported the match (and supported me :eek:). God bless you all and can't wait to see everyone again. great shooting to all the winners.
again no names were mentioned other than jim and the range........ I'm just scared i will leave someone out that deserves all the thanks and love for what they did... again thanks for all the help from everyone.

scott

Last edited:
JIm Andress

Jim Andress,, the target crew,, the stat crew , all did and outstanding job.. Thank you Jim for keeping this range from falling to wayside, as the S, E. Region has dwindled .
Great Job guys.

Back