Barrel Lenght?

tem

I have a 6mm HV rifle (Shilen Action), with a past its sell by date, HV profile barrel fitted.

To hand, I have a 6mm LV blank (14 twist) and would like to know if anyone has shot competively, with a 23"/24" barrel and experianced any problems?

Thank you.

tem.

I have a 6mm HV rifle (Shilen Action), with a past its sell by date, HV profile barrel fitted.

To hand, I have a 6mm LV blank (14 twist) and would like to know if anyone has shot competively, with a 23"/24" barrel and experianced any problems?

Thank you.

tem.
Some shooters have a "magic length", it varies with the shooter. Ed Watson always liked a 24 1/4" barrel. Many benchrest rifle builders let the weight needed determine barrel length. For example, with the stock, action and scope they use, they let the weight needed to finish to 10.5 pounds determine barrel length.

For instance; I use Panda actions, Leonard stocks, and Leupold Competition scopes. That leaves 5# 4 oz for the barrel. I start with the 29" Medium LV Krieger like Bruno sells, At 21" and taking 1/2" off the big end I end up with 5# 3 oz of barrel.

Back