Aussie teams for Worlds in 2009

S

Stuart Elliott

Selection trials are now completed in Australia and the 3 teams to go to South Africa for the WBC 10 have been decided. Many people have been asking about this so I have decided it is easier to post here.

Team A: Craig Whittleton, Paul Sullivan, Brendan Atkinson, Stuart Elliott.
Team B: David Kerr, Michael Huebner, Ira Rolley, Phil Jones.
Team C: Gavin Marshall, Rob Carnell, Fergus Bailey, Barry Warwick.

Reserves if required: Ray Beavis, Annie Elliott.

All 12 Aussies are seasoned WBC competitors and we are all looking forward to a great championships next June. We feel assured that Roland and the crew in South Africa will make this one of the best World Championships ever. Hope to see many of you over there also.

Stuart Elliott (International delegate, AUS)

Congratulations to all

Just got off the phone with Paul Sullivan and was told the team list was on BRC. I can't believe I did not see it. Australian teams will be very strong.

The US team will be finalized after 11/24/08 as this is the last date for invitations to be accepted.

Last edited:
Thanks Wayne and Butch,
We are happy with the breadth of experience in our 3 teams. All 12 have at least a couple of World Championships under their belt and quite a few medal winners are in there also including the 2001 2 Gun World Champion, Brendan. The 12 shooters have been selected from the first 13 places in our qualifying system. Only one person declined due to health reasons.
We are sure that teams from the USA, France and and South Africa will be especially strong but many other countries are getting very good including Canada for example.
We are all looking forward to another great championships. It is truly a fantastic event to be involved with.
We are confident our hosts in South Africa will do everything possible to make it that way.

.....bring it on!

Stuart.

Back