ATT: Bartlein Barrel Fun Match and Raffle Prize Winners from the NBRSA Nationals

NearyJR

Gents,

Those lucky shooter's who won a Bartlein Barrel during the Fun Match or during the raffle prize drawing at the NBRSA Nationals, would ask you to please e-mail me your respective e-mail addresses and I will then e-mail your Bartlein Barrel certificate to you!

A super-big thanks to Bartlein Barrels for supporting both our Fun Match and Raffle prize drawing with (6) barrel certificates!

Please e-mail me at: jrneary@hotmail.com

Thanks!

Jack Neary

NBRSA Director, Eastern Region

Thanks for all the help Jack!

Later, Frank
Bartlein Barrels

Question??

Were the Bartlinen barrels so generasouly donated intended for the eastern regional fun shoot or were they intended for the entire NBRSA nationals merchandise drawing or just for the fun shoot participants?

Seems like valuable donated merchandise like this were previously intended for the drawing for the Nationals shooters to have a chance of winning??

Were the Bartlinen barrels so generasouly donated intended for the eastern regional fun shoot or were they intended for the entire NBRSA nationals merchandise drawing or just for the fun shoot participants?

Seems like valuable donated merchandise like this were previously intended for the drawing for the Nationals shooters to have a chance of winning??

Wildcatter,

Bartlein donated (3) barrel certificates for the Eastern Region Fun Shoot and also (3) barrels for raffle prize drawings at the NBRSA Nationals. Six barrels in total.

Hope that answers your question.

Jack

Wildcatter,

Bartlein donated (3) barrel certificates for the Eastern Region Fun Shoot and also (3) barrels for raffle prize drawings at the NBRSA Nationals. Six barrels in total.

Hope that answers your question.

Jack

I and some others wondered about that too, why someone would donate 3 $300 barrels to a fun shoot of just a few shooters and then only 3 to a nationals of 160 or so shooters from all over the country and Canada??

I mean it was a great gesture by Tracy and Frank and much appreciated but????

I and some others wondered about that too, why someone would donate 3 $300 barrels to a fun shoot of just a few shooters and then only 3 to a nationals of 160 or so shooters from all over the country and Canada??

I mean it was a great gesture by Tracy and Frank and much appreciated but????

Jerry,

A few shooters...?

There were 28 shooters who elected to participate in the Fun Match with the chance of winning of one of three quality Bartlein barrels with a 1st, 5th or 10th place finish.

Please get your facts straight.

Jack

Jerry,

A few shooters...?

There were 28 shooters who elected to participate in the Fun Match with the chance of winning of one of three quality Bartlein barrels with a 1st, 5th or 10th place finish.

Please get your facts straight.

Jack

Oh, new math?? 28 shooters equals 160?? See, the 28 had the chance to win as many barrels as the entire NBRSA nationals contingent? Not the way I would do advertising...

Barrel donations to matches etc.....

When we donate the gift certificates; we send them usually to the match directors/the person requesting the donation etc.... and we send it to them in they're care for them to be raffled/donate them as they see fit.

It's hard for us to say exactly what match, winner, person etc...the certificate should go to. We're not there and we're not running the match.

Jack has requested and received certificates in the pass and always has handed them out. I don't feel there was anything in the past or now where he has intentionally mislead anyone etc...or not handed anything out or kept something for himself.

My personal thoughts on donations/awards......I would like to see the donations/prizes be awarded given to junior shooters or new shooters more than anything else. The shooters just starting out with minimal equipment or borrowing equipment or is on a limited budget needs the most help.

Also I feel donations should be raffled (not for money necessarily) but every competitors name should be put in a hat/bucket and drawings be done to see who wins the donations/awards weather that competitor is present at the end of the match or not. If they shot the match and completed it they should be eligible for it. I've been to matches where the stuff was handed out at a different time that was posted weather it be a trophy, awards, donations etc...and because the time changed and they're were not notified and didn't show up or couldn't be there for some reason they are not eligible to receive anything. That way everyone has a equal chance of getting the donations. Doesn't matter if it is a scope, barrel, stock, rifle etc....I'm not saying the top shooter or match winners shouldn't receive anything but somehow when it comes to donations it should be a fair/level playing field for everyone.

Later, Frank
Bartlein Barrels

you got it wrong

I think the barrels came from the manufacturer and we're theirs to do with as they see fit.
I'm just hearing complaints from non winners or those who chose not to participate.

I think the barrels came from the manufacturer and we're theirs to do with as they see fit.
I'm just hearing complaints from non winners or those who chose not to participate.

Me'thinks ye' got it wrong Davie me laddie. At least one of your winners had to win did they not?

How's about the other 160some who did not pay for the ER shoot and were not eligible because the NBRSA officials did not have privy to all the donated barrels for the traditional merchandise drawings like always.

Question is were the barrels sent for the Nationals or just for the ER.....

Well, thanks to Bartlein anyhow. Someone will get some great barrels.

I find it hard to accept folks complaining about merchandise from a major vendor being given away. Be happy that you were able to go, shoot at whatever match and have the chance to win some merchandise.

I was not at the Nationals at all but I would like to say thank you to Frank Green / Bartlein Barrels for supporting the matches as you do. Your support is deeply appreciated.

Joe

I find it hard to accept folks complaining about merchandise from a major vendor being given away. Be happy that you were able to go, shoot at whatever match and have the chance to win some merchandise.

I was not at the Nationals at all but I would like to say thank you to Frank Green / Bartlein Barrels for supporting the matches as you do. Your support is deeply appreciated.

Joe

Exactly. Hopefully there will be some next year too after this.

Exactly. Hopefully there will be some next year too after this.

Guys and gals, we shooters are most grateful To vendors like this that support the shooters as did Bartlinen and others. I was at the shoot myself and the grumbling I heard was about some merchandise, like 3 of the barrels for example being commandeered by another event.

I doubt if Bob and Nancy even got a chance to put all the certificates in the main drawing?

Most of the grumbling I see here is from some not even at the shoot. Why would it even be their concern anyhow if they didn't take time and money to participate?

Thank you frank for the donations. I hardly ever see many donations at our shoots but piles of merch at f -class shoots. Seems like everybody gets something there. Thanks again frank for sending barrels our way it does mean alot to all of us.

And Now You Know!

Why this sport is in a constant state of declining membership! Why not simply say "thank you" to Jack Neary for seeing to it that the barrels were donated to begin with. How about a big thank you to Bartlein for donating the barrels. Every shooter there had the same opportunity to compete for the barrels, be it by paying your fee for the fun shoot or by being drawn. Those of you who come on a public forum and bash someone like Neary who works tirelessly for the sport of bench rest are pathetic. And if you feel the need to voice an opinion on the issue and you weren't even there, most of us who were, would appreciate it if you simply kept your mouth shut.

Thank you Jack Neary
Thank you Bartlein
Thank you Nancy and Bob
And a huge Thank You to everyone involved in making it one of the smoothest run nationals I have ever been to!

Andy

Why this sport is in a constant state of declining membership! Why not simply say "thank you" to Jack Neary for seeing to it that the barrels were donated to begin with. How about a big thank you to Bartlein for donating the barrels. Every shooter there had the same opportunity to compete for the barrels, be it by paying your fee for the fun shoot or by being drawn. Those of you who come on a public forum and bash someone like Neary who works tirelessly for the sport of bench rest are pathetic. And if you feel the need to voice an opinion on the issue and you weren't even there, most of us who were, would appreciate it if you simply kept your mouth shut.

Thank you Jack Neary
Thank you Bartlein
Thank you Nancy and Bob
And a huge Thank You to everyone involved in making it one of the smoothest run nationals I have ever been to!

Andy

exactly.

Jack, Frank and Bob, some of the above opinions do NOT represent what a majority of the competitors feel.

thank you all.

Thanks for your efforts Jack. It takes a lot of effort to contact and collect merchandise (especially these days when some many are asking for donations).

Thanks to Bob and Nancy (and all of the others in the background) for putting on a great national shoot.

Thanks to Bartlein and all of the other manufacturer's for their donations. I hope all of the recipients send a "thank you" to the respective manufacturer. That is the way to keep the donations coming for the next years.

Bob H.

Joe

Joe, Stiller, Conrad, Tyler T., Mark, Butch, Dusty, Andy, AFrench, Thanks for the kind words and support/making a post etc.....

Also from what I hear donations were asked from other manufacturers and there was little to no response.

I was also talking to Gene Buky's yesterday. The gift certificate he won during the fun shoot he gave the gift certificate to another shooter! He didn't keep it for himself! Thanks Gene!

Later, Frank
Bartlein Barrels

Back