Any word on Visalia UL

I received this from lawrence early this afternoon. Maybe the first "zero" agg ever.
IMAG0213.jpg

Visalia Unbelievable

Wow! What a weekend at Visalia, CA. A little on the muggy side, but shooting was fantastic. I did not get any pics of results but someone will post soon. Sunday morning it took a teen agg to make the top 15 of 22 shooters! Gary Ocock shot the smallest Agg I've ever seen > .0840. We had 2 days of Railguns > all 100 yards. The new range is going to be great! Thanks Dennis Thornbury for a smooth match.

Wow! Gary had a .018? Was it 5 shot target, with backer? Someone, please post a pic of the targets.

Last edited:
Targets

Wow! Gary had a .015? Was it 5 shot target, with backer? Someone, please post a pic of the targets.

Gary was kind enough to send me these photos, Moving backer, 5 shot agg. Awesome shooting....J

Attachments

• aaa.jpg
    aaa.jpg
    395.3 KB · Views: 508
  • DSC00570.JPG
    DSC00570.JPG
    398.8 KB · Views: 378
This is an amazing barrier to breakthrough. Like the 4 minute mile. Maybe this is a sign that our equipment is steadily improving every year. To think that this was a zero agg with an "out of tune" .154 on the first match. Wow wow wow!

Was this somehow not a registered match?

It doesn't matter much given the measurements....DAMMIT!!!!!

Everyone that matters will end up knowing about it. The current NBRSA record is .1242, and the IBS record is .1386. Both of these have been bettered by such comfortable margins that there is little doubt that Gary's would have survived any rules committee review. What really would have been fun would have been if the match had been registered with both organizations. Years back I believe that some of the San Gabriel matches were. They looked at what they had been shooting and concluded that they might have a very good chance of setting one or more IBS records.

On to the next task

Now that Gary has become the first human to fire a zero agg. in competition there are other tasks he could set his sights on accomplishing. He might wipe the smirk off Rachel Madoff's face. He might prevent the sun from eventually swelling in size and engulfing the earth. He could convince Kim Jong-Un to give up nuclear weapons, Valdomere Putin to keep his shirt on and Donald Trump to get a decent hair cut. I suggest he get started on the sun problem. The others are things that even Gary can't do. Tim

Love it!

Gary, another incredible feat. Your dedication to the sport and especially these rails is remarkable. Glad to see it rewarded. Loved the picts, Jay. Thanks...

Scott

Back