Any of you guys on twitter?

Yote

Russell Childs
In the era of information, just wondering if any of you shooters that run the circuit are on twitter? If so, I would love to follow you for updates while you are at matches. In fact it would be a great way for us to keep up with realtime events at the match. Who's hot, what strange occurence has happened, what are the conditions? I just think it would be interesting to get your perspective while you are at the match. I wish I was at the Shamrock today and am wondering what's going on there and that kinda got me to thinking.........So, anybody out there tweeting?

My feelings about twitter and Facebook are they are made for Hollywood... I don't even know how to find them...

No. Who has time to mess around with a computer at the range?

Well, you hardly need a computer to use twitter. An internet enabled cell phone with the twitter app and you're up and running. As far as time at the range, it takes just seconds to send a tweet.

My feelings about twitter and Facebook are they are made for Hollywood... I don't even know how to find them...

Ever heard of Google? Better yet, let's make it easy.... http://twitter.com

Ever heard of Google? Better yet, let's make it easy.... http://twitter.com

Before I go there, why would I want to find them?

Chuckling....really? I can just see it, Bench rest greats tweeting and texting like a teen age prom queens. Laughing Jackie, Al , Butch, Dennis, Boyd, Ya think? Sorry but the Visual is killing me!!!!! :)

I guess y'all are right. What was I thinking to even bring something like that up? I mean, people are always asking for results on here and are at the mercy of someone at the match to log on(maybe) to give those results. I guess that's the way it's always been and just part of the benchrest experience. Who am I to try to change that?

What I wasn't expecting is smart remarks, sarcasm, and personal opinions on a topic that some of you(through admission) know nothing about. All I asked was if anyone shooting the matches would be willing to send a tweet out to his/her followers so we could keep abreast of what's going on. Sometimes we just don't get what we asked for though.

I attended the Shamrock last year and met some fine folks. Jerry Sharrett, Jim Carmichael, Billy Stephens all greeted me with a handshake. Great guys every one of them. It was my dream to break into br this year at the Shamrock. It's the closest shoot to me and my job keeps me from traveling so it's my best shot. Unfortunately, events I have no control over kept me from participating. I'm glad I know that there are guys like Jerry, Jim, and Billy in benchrest. If I had to base an opinion of the quality of people in benchrest with the replies to this thread, then there would be no way I would spend thousands of dollars on equipment to participate in a sport with guys who form opinions and make sarcastic remarks on a subject that at least some of them know nothing about.

Yote...

That's why it's call social networking...some people are more social than others. :(

Jim

Back