Any of you ever do this??

afrench

this was the second target of the Sporter 200 this last Sunday at Midland. the sun was out now and wind picked up a little, so the mirage was starting to run.

i started with the wind from about 10:30 and got 4 down there then the wind shifted to about 11:00. i held over 1 line and let it rip. the only problem was that i held the wrong direction!!

brainfart!!

oh, well.

yep!!!...anybody that has ever shot benchrest has a cupla targets just like that,,,hahaha...Roger

Been there done that.
What I hate even more because it happens even more is I think I know what is going on so I hold off a certain direction and the shot goes exactly where I was holding.
Dick

Cross Firing, holding over too far or too close, holding the opposite to what the wind is, not counting 5 shots, counting more then 5, and I could go on, BEEN THERE, DONE THAT. And any moron who has not been in serious shooting and who says, I have never done that, is what I just said.

Moved up from the sighter at 200...

...and when I shot it wasn't in the right place on the target. I didn't have the guts to chase it, so my secong shot opened the group big. I just slamed three more down there to get it over with and they all went into the second hole!

Jim

this was the second target of the Sporter 200 this last Sunday at Midland. the sun was out now and wind picked up a little, so the mirage was starting to run.

i started with the wind from about 10:30 and got 4 down there then the wind shifted to about 11:00. i held over 1 line and let it rip. the only problem was that i held the wrong direction!!

brainfart!!

oh, well.

Even worse is when the condition does not change for the 5th shot and the bullet still goes out 3/4"..........good reason to not hesitate
or overthink/analyze the 5th shot, just fire it in the same cadence and rhythm as the previous one holers.

Back