Another Winter Question

K Hope

I read a thread on another forum (Long Range) about measuring case inside volume capacity and its effects on internal pressures and velocity. I’ve always understood the importance of finding the optimal Load Density/ Burn Rate combination but had never even considered inside case capacity variances. In Short Range BR are there those who use this practice and do the returns merit all the work?

Ken

I read a thread on another forum (Long Range) about measuring case inside volume capacity and its effects on internal pressures and velocity. I’ve always understood the importance of finding the optimal Load Density/ Burn Rate combination but had never even considered inside case capacity variances. In Short Range BR are there those who use this practice and do the returns merit all the work? Ken

In my humble opinion, I believe the almost exclusive use of Lapua Brass for short range BR precludes the necessity to fret over case capacity variances. It's that good! Now, having said that, there are gentlemen who I have known, who scrutinize every dimension. ;)

Back