Another record today at Piedmont

waterdog

Mike Davis set a new heavy-gun group record. It measured 1.4xxx. I don't know the exact measurement but it was smallet than the existing record by quite a bit...

Congradulations to Mike for a job well-done. He can get on here with the particulars...By the way, this is truely a heavy gun.....Good shooting, Mike. You build a "mean" gun.

Larry Isenhour

Heavy Gun Info

Thanks Larry - I also have a Kreiger (gain twist) that looks like is going to shoot as good as the one I put on Larry's. "BUT", I don't know if I can shoot as good as Larry. Folks, wait until you see that target! I am talking five smack dab in the middle of the X, and a .907" 50 score. Larry, that was awsome shootin, and I am pround of you...

Heavy gun:

BAT action
Brux 1.450" x 30" 8.5" twist
Alvey aluminum stock
45X Leupold Comp
Berger 105 VLD's
32.5 Grs RL-15
CCI 450

The four target group agg. measured 1.460".

Mike

Congratulations to my fine friends Larry and Mike. I am glad I was there to witness that unbelievably good shooting. Larry shot his .907 inch 50(5x) in high winds just before a thunder storm hit. Just about everyone else in that relay shot 3-5 inches or more. We kidded him and told him he was shooting through a wind shielding tunnel or something. We know it was his great shooting ability though. He did break his own record.
Mike Davis is back with a vengence this year. He is devoting himself to 600yard competition. Some of us are trying hard to keep us out of the "has been" club. Mike is trying out a 50 plus pound 6BRX this year. That rifle is unreal and so is the shooter! You don't need a true heavy to win, but the heavy- Heavy Guns might just be the new standard at 600 yards. His and a couple of other heavys have been at the top at just about every Piedmont match this year.
Samuel Hall

Congrats

Congratulations to yet another fine shooter this year! Good shooting Mike!

Rob

Mike and Larry's excellent adventure

Mike and Larry with Larry's new score record target.

Mike, that's you on the left. How many first place finishes and records have Davis built guns accomplished at Oak Ridge and Piedmont? I know its a wad!

Way to go.

Greg

Attachments

• DSC_0147.gif
    DSC_0147.gif
    104.5 KB · Views: 319
Wood Pile

Sam,

You & Rodney shot good yesterday. 1.7xx for you & 1.8xx for Rodney - it literally takes a world record to beat the two of you. I have actually quit calling it winning a match, I call it stealing out of Sam & Rodney's wood pile. All of you guys are great shooters & you all are even better friends to me. Thanks for all the kind words...

Mike

Congrats Mike;

Great shooting!!

Looks like the true heavy guns are going to be the ones to beat in the agg department for sure.

Richard Schatz

Good job Mike and Larry, But what you all did does not shock me. You 2 have alway's been outstanding shooters and fine role models in the 600yd game. You 2 just get better each match. Guy's like you all is why this sport is taken off and growing like it is.

Mike..........Congratulations on that great agg. If I knew you were going to shoot it, I would have stayed for heavy gun in the afternoon:D
Rich De

Back