Another New Member with a Question

Green Frog

Good afternoon all!

I shoot with the American Single Shot Rifle Association and especially enjoy shooting bench rest events with classic style single shot rifles and cast bullets. Currently I have a Douglas-barreled Peregrine in 32/357 with what is admittedly a modern style BR stock, shooting a 200 grain cast bullet. Now for my question; since I'm not "in the mainstream" of BR, I hear snippets about tools and manufacturers for BR specialties, but don't necessarily find out much about them. I'd like to know about a company called MCRW who makes/made such specialty tools. Are they still around? What kinds of things do/did they make? I've heard about a Culver-style powder measure conversion and a tong tool like a Lyman 310 on steroids.
Please be gentle with me... I'm just a lamb to the slaughter here!

Froggie

Last edited:
Good afternoon all!

I shoot with the American Single Shot Rifle Association and especially enjoy shooting bench rest events with classic style single shot rifles and cast bullets. Currently I have a Douglas-barreled Peregrine in 32/357 with what is admittedly a modern style BR stock, shooting a 200 grain cast bullet. Now for my question; since I'm not "in the mainstream" of BR, I hear snippets about tools and manufacturers for BR specialties, but don't necessarily find out much about them. I'd like to know about a company called MCRW who makes/made such specialty tools. Are they still around? What kinds of things do/did they make? I've heard about a Culver-style powder measure conversion and a tong tool like a Lyman 310 on steroids.
Please be gentle with me... I'm just a lamb to the slaughter here!

Froggie

But you've got a serious leg up on the previous "new member"...................you really exist!

LOL

Welcome Froggie.

I have no/nada/zero information for you as the BR you refer to doesn't intersect with the BR I know.

I do have several "Culver" measures and I even have a tong tool but I don't use either of them for anything any more.

That said, SOMEONE here will help and steer you if they can. Just not me :) I'm so far from cast bullet BR that I go over to "Cast Boolits" when I want info for my weird subsonic projects and for BP stuff....

Thanks for the welcome! If there are other folks like you here, I'll assume I made a good decision to register here. If you DO wander over to the "Cast Boolits" forum, look for me there and give me a shout out... the same screen name works there (as well as ASSRA, S&W Forum, etc, etc.)

Froggie

I seem to remember MCRW....they made powder drops I believe and as I remember they weren't cheap.

I seem to remember MCRW....they made powder drops I believe and as I remember they weren't cheap.

Maybe contemporary with Homer Culver or soon after? The inserts in otherwise standard Lyman 55s look pretty similar to the originals. anybody have a time frame in mind??

Froggie

Back