American Revolution Donation Can

R. Rains

Hello Shooters I have been asked to post this from the Brawand Family!!!!

Dear Shooters and Veterans,

To all of those who donated to my Daughters of the American Revolution donation can over the last 3 years, I would like to say thank you!

After more than 500 generous donations, we were able to install the Old Whitestown Cemetery Veterans Monument in Pittsfield, Pennsylvania (GPS location: N 41° 48.760 W 079° 25.509).

This monument, standing nearly 6 feet tall, honors Veterans from the Revolutionary War, the War of 1812, and the Civil War. Because many were buried in unmarked graves, and long forgotten, research was able to note all the names of the men buried in this 200+ year old cemetery or nearby, whose final resting places lost. The US Department of Veterans Affairs assisted us with installing new headstones flanking the monument for those who had no markers. Among the families buried in this cemetery are some family members of the President Bush's, the Giles White family, and our family, the McGuires. This was also the farm where Johnny Appleseed planted his first orchard, with the sponsorship of the Giles White family. At one time, his apple trees surrounded the cemetery.

Please know that your donations went to good use in honoring our Veterans.

Attachments

• Monument 3.jpg
    Monument 3.jpg
    264.3 KB · Views: 286
  • Monument 1.jpg
    Monument 1.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 271
  • Monument 2.jpg
    Monument 2.jpg
    877.1 KB · Views: 200
Cemetery

Hello Shooters I have been asked to post this from the Brawand Family!!!!

Dear Shooters and Veterans,

To all of those who donated to my Daughters of the American Revolution donation can over the last 3 years, I would like to say thank you!

After more than 500 generous donations, we were able to install the Old Whitestown Cemetery Veterans Monument in Pittsfield, Pennsylvania (GPS location: N 41° 48.760 W 079° 25.509).

This monument, standing nearly 6 feet tall, honors Veterans from the Revolutionary War, the War of 1812, and the Civil War. Because many were buried in unmarked graves, and long forgotten, research was able to note all the names of the men buried in this 200+ year old cemetery or nearby, whose final resting places lost. The US Department of Veterans Affairs assisted us with installing new headstones flanking the monument for those who had no markers. Among the families buried in this cemetery are some family members of the President Bush's, the Giles White family, and our family, the McGuires. This was also the farm where Johnny Appleseed planted his first orchard, with the sponsorship of the Giles White family. At one time, his apple trees surrounded the cemetery.

Please know that your donations went to good use in honoring our Veterans.

We are a point in our history that moms, dads and grandparents should take a walk thru a National Cemetery with the grand kids and get a history lesson.

A few years ago some Australian SAS (big and mean blokes) used an American Civil War flag to indicate their position for the helos.

This is now making headlines for all the wrong reasons.

I served 34 years in the Australian military and can assure you that the blokes just wanted a marker that the taliban could not ever in their wildest dreams dreams reproduce. The Confederate flag was perfect.

In no way does this reflect on the history of the U.S.and it is not a political statement.

The blokes just wanted to stay alive.

* doggie *

Back