American Guns (hopefully not)

goodgrouper

tryingtobeabettergrouper
Anyone catch the episode yesterday where they tried to turn a 7mm mag into a 458 Lott? It was wrong on so many levels. Least of which was when they tried to get the old barrel off the action. Maybe instead of having a company helicopter, they should look into a barrel vise and an action wrench or two! I mean, if you're going to advertise "gunsmithing" services on the side of your building, you should maybe have gunsmithing tools???? What a crazy concept......:confused::rolleyes:
I'm still lmao.:D;)

Perhaps a better name for the show would just be "Gunsmoke" like the name of the actual store because I hate to think that these hacks have anything to do with building guns in the REAL American way.

Last edited:
I thought they might have had better luck if they had placed the barrel in the vice so the action wrench would be horizontal, then the could have applied their weight on the wrench. They should also get a real gunsmith, that knows a little about chambering a barrel. I was always told not to back the reamer out while the lathe was still running, due to the chance that a chip will get under the reamer and screw up the chamber. But, you can always blame the gouge in the chamber on a bad reamer or bad barrel.

Jerry

Last edited:
I have to agree the show about the 458 lott was a good laugh, I looked more origanized the first time i took off a savage barrel at my kitchen table with a strap wrench. How ever i was even more horrified about the punt gun built out of 3" schedule 80 pipe and a malible iron cap. I mean realy $10G for a fence post, and a pipe. I'm a plumber and i thought my rates where high to put this stuff in a house, but this is unreal. I should start bulding these, i think my guys could make at least 20 a day.

Would someone tell me which network this program is on ? I stumbled upon it once or twice while channel surfing, but haven't been able to find it again. I have DIRECT TV, if anyone knows the channel #, that would be great.

I did see the episode mentioned in the original post and agree that it resembled the Larry, Curly, and Moe approach.

Dick

Would someone tell me which network this program is on ? I stumbled upon it once or twice while channel surfing, but haven't been able to find it again. I have DIRECT TV, if anyone knows the channel #, that would be great.

I did see the episode mentioned in the original post and agree that it resembled the Larry, Curly, and Moe approach.

Dick

Dick, it's on Discovery Channel Wednesday nights.
The three stooges is a good description of their shop.;)

I thought they might have had better luck if they had placed the barrel in the vice so the action wrench would be horizontal, then the could have applied their weight on the wrench. They should also get a real gunsmith, that knows a little about chambering a barrel. I was always told not to back the reamer out while the lathe was still running, due to the chance that a chip will get under the reamer and screw up the chamber. But, you can always blame the gouge in the chamber on a bad reamer or bad barrel.

Jerry

Yeah.
And how 'bout the chamber casting when they pounded a cleaning rod down the muzzle without any protection? The rod handle hit the crown hard enough that the chamber was the least of their worries after that.

Or the fat guy saying that lathes weren't accurate enough to cut .001" more material without going over so he did the rest by hand with the barrel in his lap?!

There's a pretty good gunsmithing school about 200 miles south of them on I-25 that the boss oughta check out. Sell the stupid helicopter and send those boys to school!

I mean realy $10G for a fence post, and a pipe. I'm a plumber and i thought my rates where high to put this stuff in a house, but this is unreal. I should start bulding these, i think my guys could make at least 20 a day.

No kidding. But you'd need a skanky little slut with a toy dog in her arms to autograph it to get that kind of money!

Saw that particular episode months ago....there were so many give aways that they are Bush League but I forgot the particulars. I do remember the fat guy cutting the barrel thread while sitting on his rear-end.....never seen a smith that didn't have his eyeballs within a few inches of the cut. The show is a joke. Didn't the fat guy screw up the first barrel with a bad chamber?

Dont worry about the vise and wrench they used, they need to learn which way to turn it. The morons were trying to take the barrel off by turning clockwise!!!! Then they heated the action, then turned it the right way. I get sick at my stomach watching this show.

Only reason it made TV is because of his daughter......yummy

Remember everybody......lefty-loosey righty-tighty.

Good Lord

That was a bunch of morons. Maybe that is an insult to morons over the world. You could multiply any of thise guys IQ by two and still be in double digits.

That "machinist" that did the chambering? When did "Chumley" from Pawn Stars go into Gunsmithing.

He trued the barrel by the OD. And did you see the wad of shavings on that reamer. And blaming that chamber on the reamer. Looks to me like they had a piece of dirt, or something, in there when they test fired the Rifle. And what was the deal with not putting the barreled action in tghe stock to fire it? Why didn't they just admitt they didn't have the stock yet. You did notice that the second time around, they tested it in the stock.

And all of that with trying to remove the barrel from the action.

And all of that drama. My god, it was a $250 barreling job.

I wanted to throw my cup of coffee at my TV. Or just throw up.
After the show was over, I didn't know who was the biggest idiot, the "gunsmiths", or the customer, who seemed a little perplexed about what they did with his fine wooden stock..............jackie

Last edited:
That was a bunch of morons. Maybe that is an insult to morons over the world. You could multiply any of thise guys IQ by two and still be in double digits.

After the show was over, I didn't know who was the biggest idiot, the "gunsmiths", or the customer, who seemed a little perplexed about what they did with his fine wooden stock..............jackie

Jackie, if you have time to watch crap like this you need a hobby, like motorcycle racing, golf, tiddly-winks, watching ice cubes melt or the like.

As to their IQ, if you look, there are no numbers to the left of the decimal, and only small numbers to the right of the decimal!!

My favorite part of the show was where the "fatboy" was test firing the rifle...He was shouting "Fire in the hole, fire in the hole .458, fire in the hole"...I just about blew snot bubbles out of my nose laughing at those 2 "gunsmiths"...the show is only equalled by the other "dumbass" comedy at "Red Jacket" Firearms in Louisianna...those 2 reality shows about guns must be made by the "liberal media" they are enough to embarris the entire NRA....I cannot say enough about them other than they rival the other NON reality show "L.A. Ink" with all the tatoos with low IQs...:)...:)
Now I know why soap operas are still in vogue on TV...!

Dont worry about the vise and wrench they used, they need to learn which way to turn it. The morons were trying to take the barrel off by turning clockwise!!!! Then they heated the action, then turned it the right way. I get sick at my stomach watching this show.

Only reason it made TV is because of his daughter......yummy

Remember everybody......lefty-loosey righty-tighty.

The daughter is the only reason I stopped channel surfing....yummy, yummy.

I set the dvr to record them.
It recorded 4 or 5. I watched on and wasnt impressed.
I tried to watch a 2nd I had to stop and just deleted all of them.
Reminds of the A$$ wipe that owns Red Jacket and treats his people like they are worthless trash.

I've watched very little of either show, but I'll bet Mickey Mouse likes them. Both crews make Mickey Mouse inventions look like they were done by a genius.
Another loser is Duck Dynasty.

you must be under 40 if you think she is good looking. while the mom is a bit old for my tastes, i think she would look good in leather with a whip and studded dog collar, stiletto heels. maybe i need to get out of SO CAL more often...

If she was 10 years older, had some class, and put down her damn dog.............maybe. But I'll admit she has more potential than that weird looking mom/daughter/wife/boss swamp creature on Sons of Guns. Yuck!

Jim
I am laughing my ass off, this a different side of you I have never seen before!! Your generally pretty quiet, where did this come from ? Dare I ask if you watch the show that Repo's cars where that chick with all the Tat's and Bling hanging from here face! Now that is one scary broad!

Back