Action Cleaning--an old cleaning agent repurposed?

C.L. Peterson

A different way (For Me At Least) to clean the BOLT&ACTION

Spray/squirt LIGHTER FLUID on the bolt and immediate wipe the bolt and bolt face
With your now impregnated rag with lighter fluid (May add more fluid if desired)clean the action cavity and race ways.
Sparingly grease your bolt as usual

This will leave your bolt sliding in the action slicker than usual (I promise)

Job done

CLP

yes how did you clean the receiver lugs ??
a company sells a excellent tool that fits like a bolt and allows a patch to be attached and rotating fore and aft in the lugs cleans them well.. sliding in and out does the raceways. mount it on a short cleaning rod

yes how did you clean the receiver lugs ??
a company sells a excellent tool that fits like a bolt and allows a patch to be attached and rotating fore and aft in the lugs cleans them well.. sliding in and out does the raceways. mount it on a short cleaning rod
Forgot this
But i always do this also
CLP

Sinclair (Brownell's) makes / made a short rod that used dental cottons. The Bore Tech thing (which I'd never seen) looks potentially even better.

GsT

A different way (For Me At Least) to clean the BOLT&ACTION

Spray/squirt LIGHTER FLUID on the bolt and immediate wipe the bolt and bolt face
With your now impregnated rag with lighter fluid (May add more fluid if desired)clean the action cavity and race ways.
Sparingly grease your bolt as usual

This will leave your bolt sliding in the action slicker than usual (I promise)

Job done

CLP
Doc, I did this on my Panda....works slick! (pun intended). 👍 Thanks for the tip.

Good shootin' :) -Al

Back