A video on Shooting a 50m card

A

andyd1179

This is a run through on how I personally shoot a UKBR22 Taqrget, this was done using my Heavy Varmint Rifle.

AndyD

Thanks for putting the video on Andy! I enjoyed watching you shoot the target, and you done some fine shooting as well! Well done!! I've shot 1000's of targets over the years, but I always enjoy watching someone else shoot a good one! Keep up the good work.

Kent Owens

Hay Kent,
Many thanks for the kind words, I reallly did it to help new shooters to the game and I'm glad that even some us old timers are enjoying it as well. There are more videos on the Benchrest Directory Forum and also if your a Facebook fan then do a search for the Rimfire Benchrest Show, which is a group I've started and there will be video blogs and descussion on there as well.

AndyD

Andy, Here is hoping you recover from the health issues in better shape than ever. Congratulations on starting the BR Show. Your videos make it look easy to make the videos and I am certain that is anything but the case. New or old, those videos were terrific. For new shooters seeing the two most popular rest types should be enlightening. The Mirage Video looks like you have all the right equipment to make many more Shows. Seeing a card shot though a scope and then seeing it close up should be an eye opener for those who have spent a lot of time competiting in BR. I would like to thank you making the vidoes and for sharing them with the small bore shooting community. Best wishes, Doug Miller

Many thanks Doug, when I get my self sorted I hope to do some more incorporating setting up gear and the different ways shooters hold their rifles.

Cheers, AndyD

Andy, I think the topic of 'holding the rifle' will be of interest and benefit to all. We've all seen a variety of techniques, and watched how 'the best' do it. Like so much of the sport, what works for you, works for you, and may or may not work for others. As any of those who have done it knows, or attempted to do it knows, there is a whole lot of art mixed in with the science. All of the topics are fun to debate. The gambit of items, which a BR shooter faces (virtually all of which have been addressed in this forum), would each make a great topic for a video. It is a great change from the written missives. The topic list is almost endless. Sure you will never run out of agenda items. Again, thank you for your creative efforts, for sharing them, and God's Speed with the recovery process. Doug Miller

Hya Doug,
Many thanks for the kind comments, just to let you know and other members I've started a group on Facebook that is called the Benchrest Show and there will be video blogs on topics and news. So if you have a Facebook account then come and join the group.

AndyD

Back