6mm ppc

was not aware that you could shoot that fast out of that case.thank you for your time.it appears then that the loads are higher then in the loading books.am I right on that.
gary b

OK, since nobody else is clarifying..... the "6PPC" referred to on this forum IS NOT FOUND IN ANY RELOADING MANUAL!!!

If you were on a racing forum and saw guys talking about "getting 1200hp out of a 350 small block"...... that would be like the 6PPC ref'd here.

In the same way that you cain't take the T'ree Fitty out of grandpa's '68 pickemup truck and bolt on 1000 more horses, you CANNOT buy an off-the-rack factory-produced 6PPC....... you can't even buy loaded rounds....in simple fact you could not buy an empty "6PPC case" until recently, which, if I was Norma I STILL would not do. I think making factory "6PPC" cases is stupid

was not aware that you could shoot that fast out of that case.thank you for your time.it appears then that the loads are higher then in the loading books.am I right on that.
gary b

If you like browsing, the link below is an excellent source of info on the 6PPC.

https://www.6mmbr.com/6ppc.html

Do a forum search, on this site. Upper right hand corner of page.

"Advanced Search", Type in, 6PPC, and click on the magnifying glass.

Hope this helps.

Glenn

Just saying for me ,when you get seatng depth right , the 6mmppc seems happy at 3330 to 3380 velocity
NO BOLT LIFT OR PRIMER POCKET ISSUES

Last edited:
That's a pretty good

Just saying for me ,when you get seatng depth right , the 6mmppc seems happy at 3330 to 3380 velocity
NO BOLT LIFT OR PRIMER POCKET ISSUES

number to run with. I run at 3370 and brass life is good but the main thing is it will agg at that speed.

Richard

OK dnal and Richard...... this is with a custom-built 6PPC using blown out Lapua 220R cases and fitted dies..... right?

I get the impression g n brezinski may not be aware of this difference.

I useta' have some Sako Model 1 "6PPC USA" guns as well as a Ruger #1 and an M77V..... these guns WOULD NOT run safely at this speed using the cases designed by/for them.

Yes, you are right

OK dnal and Richard...... this is with a custom-built 6PPC using blown out Lapua 220R cases and fitted dies..... right?

I get the impression g n brezinski may not be aware of this difference.

I useta' have some Sako Model 1 "6PPC USA" guns as well as a Ruger #1 and an M77V..... these guns WOULD NOT run safely at this speed using the cases designed by/for them.

Lapua or Norma cases with a FITTED die. That's in caps because of the importance if you want good brass life and also not having clicky brass. I can run faster than that with the lapua 3400+ but that's not the node I shoot in.

Richard

6ppc

I had a custom 6ppc about 10 years ago.it was a sleeved xp100 action and a 22 inch hart barrel.could not get it to shoot .finealy got to have barrel looked at.it had a problem and the glued in action was coming away from stock.i got rid of it.now am going to get another this spring with a custom action.it is going to be a used gun .just wanting to know how fast do they go for I wish to hunt groundhogs and maybe shoot in a groundhog match near me.
thanks for your time. gary b

everything you need to know is on your target. Heard this listening to Tony

Some of what Bill is talkin about. Same gun same bullet same powder different seating depths

Attachments

• 29ECD9C6-73A7-4F73-BF56-6ADD8A76D5B0.jpeg
    29ECD9C6-73A7-4F73-BF56-6ADD8A76D5B0.jpeg
    594.6 KB · Views: 311
  • EA2AEEEA-7EA7-43DE-978D-34B0BA30A191.jpeg
    EA2AEEEA-7EA7-43DE-978D-34B0BA30A191.jpeg
    610.8 KB · Views: 340
Back