6mm br

i was looking at 2 articles by T J Jackson on ths case.he stated that t could old its own with the ppc .now that was with the brass at that time.my question is given that great lapua brass we have now why is this not seen in the match reports but sean in the 600 and 1000 yard matches?T j showed that back then he got groups in the 0s and 1s at 100 yards with his rifles.he also stated that he shot the bullets from 200 to 300 feet per second faster then the ppc case did.

I’m a big 14 twist 6BR fan I’ve had quite a few that would out shoot some so so shooting 6ppc’s. I had one a HV that was a solid .150 gun. I had shot it in some group club matches. I did ok. I built one In a 10.5lb LV. Shot it in some club group matches. The 6BR is an easy accurate round in a slow twist, original configuration as I see it. The problem comes is it really not as accurate as a well built 6ppc. A properly built 10.5lb LV 6 ppc is. Well man there is nothing like it. Were you and I did run into problems with the 6BR was when it would get a little out of tune, not shooting like it should. There was nothing you could do it just for what ever reason would not respond. Where the 6ppc you could usually change your powder charge, move the bullet ect something worked. So the 6 BR kind of fell out of favor with the BR crowd and the 6ppc is still the king. I think.
This is my experience. But no I love the 6BR.

Back