6.5x47L Wilson Seater

Larry M

This is a new rifle, new cases and new die. New cases do not go all the way into the seater. The case head protrudes .010, once fired cases stick out about .019. can I put some lapping compound on a fired case shoulder and spin the case to polish it out? Is that too much to polish out? Or should I just call wilson?
Thanks.
Larry

I'd send some cases and the seater back to Wilson and I'll bet they fix you up real quick.
I make my own seaters with the chamber reamer. Wilson sells blanks for that purpose if you can't make your own blank.

Larry,

The last two Wilson Seaters I purchased were for a 6XC and a 7-300 WSM. I simply dialed the seaters into my 4 jaw, faced the difference off the bottom, re-cut the bevel, rechambered with my reamers and checked them with the go gauge. I used a .243 Win die for the 6XC and a 7 WSM die for the 7-300 WSM. They've worked great; I don’t see why you couldn’t do the same thing.

I'd send some cases and the seater back to Wilson and I'll bet they fix you up real quick.
I make my own seaters with the chamber reamer. Wilson sells blanks for that purpose if you can't make your own blank.

I've also done this in the past, they have great Customer Service.

I ended up doing it by hand. I wend a few turns at a time, used oil kept the die and reamer clear of chips and it went very smoothly. The cases fit fantastic. I'm anxious to load some once fireds to check runout.

Back