260 with 30 degree shoulder

Apollo

Jason Stanley
I am looking for someone who has a 260 Rem with a 30 degree shoulder reamer. Not sure how much this matters, but I would like to use Lapua 260 brass, shoot Sierra 120 Pro Hunter bullets, and be able to load these into a clip or hidden magazine. I don't know if people do this or not, but would like to pay them for use of their reamer for 2 barrels. If people do not "rent" their reamers, then I will have one made but want to make sure I have the correct print for what I want to accomplish.

http://6mmar.com/260_Imp_30_.php

Thanks for your time.

Stanley

I am looking for someone who has a 260 Rem with a 30 degree shoulder reamer. Not sure how much this matters, but I would like to use Lapua 260 brass, shoot Sierra 120 Pro Hunter bullets, and be able to load these into a clip or hidden magazine. I don't know if people do this or not, but would like to pay them for use of their reamer for 2 barrels. If people do not "rent" their reamers, then I will have one made but want to make sure I have the correct print for what I want to accomplish.

http://6mmar.com/260_Imp_30_.php

Thanks for your time.

Stanley
I was interested a while back, so had 6AR send me a print with my specs ... They were not set up for credit cards ... I lost interest before I placed the order.

Question?

Changing the body taper and/or shoulder angle of a SAMMI spec cartridge makes no sense to me. What you wind up with is an expensive, bastardized, one of a kind rifle that requires custom loaded ammunition and expensive custom made sizing dies; and for what? :confused: A slight increase in internal case capacity? :confused: What will that do? Will it give you 500 fps more muzzle velocity? No, of course not. :rolleyes: Will it result in longer barrel life? Far greater accuracy? What do you hope to gain by going to a 30 degree shoulder angle? Why not just go with the standard SAMMI specs and save all that time, money and frustration. Maybe you just want something different and if that's the case, have at it and be happy. :)

Hope this doesn't discourage you but I'm just trying to save you time, money and frustration based on my own experiences of the past thirty years or so. :eek: Spend your time and money on things that make a difference like good barrels bullets.

Later,

Gene Beggs

Changing the body taper and/or shoulder angle of a SAMMI spec cartridge makes no sense to me. What you wind up with is an expensive, bastardized, one of a kind rifle that requires custom loaded ammunition and expensive custom made sizing dies; and for what? :confused: A slight increase in internal case capacity? :confused: What will that do? Will it give you 500 fps more muzzle velocity? No, of course not. :rolleyes: Will it result in longer barrel life? Far greater accuracy? What do you hope to gain by going to a 30 degree shoulder angle? Why not just go with the standard SAMMI specs and save all that time, money and frustration. Maybe you just want something different and if that's the case, have at it and be happy. :)

Hope this doesn't discourage you but I'm just trying to save you time, money and frustration based on my own experiences of the past thirty years or so. :eek: Spend your time and money on things that make a difference like good barrels bullets.

Later,

Gene Beggs

From another guy who probably has 75+ one off reamers. It's not worth it. Now if you go standard 260 and want to tweak the throat design that's a different story.

Or you might consider a minimum spec 6.5x55 and end up with a slightly sharper shoulder, less body taper, longer neck, and slightly larger case capacity-plus readily available Lapua brass. Be hard to design a more efficient case for this caliber than this 123 year old cartridge

Back