22250ai help

O

ozzyrooshooter

how you going fellas im pretty new at this computer stuff so i hope i dont bugger it up too much. i would really like some info on some reloads for my ruger that i just changed over too 22 250ai. i got a 1 in10 heavy barrel and im tryin to work up some loads for projectiles from 55gns to 69-70gns.im using 55gns noslers ballistics at the moment and there flying good but i want to get hold of some of those new 60gn noslers bts and 69gn matchkings. most of the time i use a 222rem with real good results but on a very windy night 50gn ballistics get blown around abit and shots over 200mts can mean the difference between getting paid or not .any reloading data that you fellers could help me with would be greatly appreceated and also any other advise on 22 250ai wouldnt go astray either.

Ozzy,

i reload my 22-250 with 55gn ballistic silver tips in front of 34.5gn of ADI 2208.

The rifle is a cheap howa but it shoot well and since i starte reloading for it i am brave enough to shoot out past 300m.

The best advice I can give is to buy a Nosler loading manual... it has 22-250 A.I. data... or use the loading data for a .220 Swift from any reloading book. Start with the lighter loads and work up.

...And start saving for a new barrel. They are quick barrel burners....

I have a stock Remi VS 22-250 that loves 36.2 gr H4895 and berger varmint 52's thats lights out to 300 and Im sure farther but never needed to I believe its around 3850 fps so maybe move up a HAIR and start lookin for a sweet spot.

.22/250 AI Loads

I have two .22/250AI's, one a 1/12 twist on a R700 action and one 1/14 twist on a Wichita action, both Shilen SS Select Match barrels. They both like 60 gr Berger bullets pushed by powders in the 4350 burning rate class. Don't know what powders are readily available in Oz, but I usually use W760/H-414 or AA2700. Dennis is right on with his suggestion to use .220 Swift data and work up. That's what Ackley himself used to recommend and exactly what I prefer. My AI formed cases are very close in capacity to some old Winchester .220 cases I have, so Swift data should be a good starting point. Regular .22/250 data was never too helpful. Haven't tried any heavier bullets yet, but have a new Kreiger 1/8 twist barrel to try when I can get it fitted. Vic

thanks fellas

farmer rob, dennis, brandon k and vic thank you very much for your knowledge and help it is greatly appreceated.well for now ill keep smacking skippys with my 222 till i sort this 250 out a bit better. im busting to get some 60gn ballistics tips but nosler wont send me any cause im not a wholesaler. well ill get another couple hundred factory crackers to fireform and ill have a little play.

p.s. hey any of you blokes catch pigs with dogs or off motorbikes

thanks again fellers

thanks again fellers

Mr. Ozzyrooshooter, would you believe you will have far better luck if you ask at your local Bowling Club for pensioners.

Con

Both. Bay Dogs find and bay them, Bull Dogs (Pit's) catch and hold them and we "Hog" tie them, pun there, and hall them off on 4 wheelers. 75-100 per year. The Bores are sold off to training / catch pins, the soes are, well, eaten of course.

thanks again fellers

Gentleman, would you believe that OFF MOTORBIKES actually means YOU, MOTORBIKE, PIG and a KNIFE.

Gentleman, would you believe that you actually leave your rifle at home.

Con

Gentleman, would you believe that OFF MOTORBIKES actually means YOU, MOTORBIKE, PIG and a KNIFE.

Gentleman, would you believe that you actually leave your rifle at home.

Con

Con, you wouldn't be trying to "con" us would you?

We are mostly older shooters. When I say older I mean older than most who would jump off a motor bike onto a wild pig with a knife ever get.

Concho Bill

Hey ozzy, have a look on the other thread you have on factory/ hybrid.
About nosler 60 g.

. most of the time i use a 222rem with real good results but on a very windy night 50gn ballistics get blown around abit and shots over 200mts can mean the difference between getting paid or not .any reloading data that you fellers could help me with would be greatly appreceated and also any other advise on 22 250ai wouldnt go astray either.

Mr. Ozzyrooshooter please tell us why wouldn't you have 6mm BR?

Mr. Ozzyrooshooter would you believe that it would be better choice and your barrel life will be at least treble.

Con

dear con would you believe that I have not even heard of 6mm br. I have heard of 6mm ppc. Could you you please shed some light on this particular cartridge.can you buy the cases or do you have to make them from forming other brass?I just dont want something that is to time consuming to load. cause after a full nights shooting and come home for a camp the last thing i want to do is sit down and make 150-200 crackers that need trimming or neck turning. But i am open to all suggestions. I was thinking of getting a 243 or 308 as well but see what happens.Has Mr ackley made a 243 improved?

And also if you own a 6mm br could you relate what sort of projectile wieght, powder charge, velocity, b.c. and accurracy your getting.

Thanks mate

Back