.219 Donaldson Wasp - Remington Hepburn

michiganmarty

RemingtonHepburn
I am looking for a way to sell this item - the gun stores around here have no clue to the value, let alone a market for it. Any help would be appreciated.

It is a Remington Hepburn Falling Block action that was recreated into a beautiful piece with a rollover cheek piece and rosewood caps. The builder's name now and forevermore escapes me, but it was done in the late 1950's by a Michigan man.

Not being the original owner, I have no idea how many rounds have been sent down the tube but it placed them in the .5 - .6's when I shot it last in 1978. It sports a 24x Tasco with external windage/elevation adjustments.

There is also dies and some brass.

Again, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Marty, send me an email I may be able to help you as I've been playing with Single Shots for many years an still own maybe 5 Wasp rifles. However, to be honest, unless there is a "famous" name on the barrel it's just another custom Single Shot with a 40's or 50's style forearm an stock.

Jeff Aberegg
jaberegg@charter.net

If anyone is interested, let me know via this site and we can talk turkey via e-mails. Once we exchange e-mails I can provide photo's & other specs.

Thanks in advance,
Martin

Marty

Your rifle has collector value based on the action or quality of woodwork. The caliber is of value to a shooter. Wilbur should move this to the for sell section.
Guns like this always go for sale never shot for their intended purporses. History on a stick.

Stephen Perry
Angeles BR

Back