2024 National 50 Benchrest League Championship Results - NRA Whittington Center, Raton, NM, 8/24 & 8/25

Loufish

2024 N50 Nationals, NRA Whittington Center, Raton, NM are done. Another nice year to compete to find the best 50 yard shooters. We combine airgun & 22LR competitors in real life, 6 card agg, stacked and sorted in the same conditions and rotated benches many times to ensure. Competitors pulled their own benches and we rotated 8 bench positions and repeated Sunday. Again Pro, Sportsman, and Pellet Classes competed. We encourage air rifles to shoot in the more challenging Sportsman and Pro classes for interesting comparisons - it's summed in 'Pellet Combined' Class.

Eight states were represented and Panama too. Obviously Jeffrey H. takes the long-distance award and the Washington guys, Mark & Harvey, traveled far too. Good to see old friends and meet new ones. Met really good guy Mike Dugas and wife hailing from Louisiana! Even though participation was down due to illnesses and other conflicts we expect more fun next year. We lost 3 competitors at the range due to busyness or problems. I hope they come back tougher next year. Big thank you for those on Thursday setting up the target boards. Mike's BIL John & sons Caleb & Landon helped tremendously pulling targets and data entry. Lothar Walther donated barrels for the event and some competitors took them home - send L-W a note. We missed Joe Friedrich & Ardey Vad - the good ones.

Weather was overall nice; Sunday was nicer. Other than the hurricane wind (one card) that knocked down flag stands and threw dirt in our eyes. I heard the hold-overs were fun. I'm sure there will be other comments and photos.

Sorry for the late report. Lots of Raton connectivity issues, phone connection was worse than before. Looks like we are going to have to invest in SkyLink. And I had some personal issues I had to attend to when I got home. Scores will be uploaded to the new N50 Score page really soon. In fact I'll probably replace these spreadsheets later. Equipment will be found on the N50 score page too.

As normal request, if you see something wrong let me know by DM, AGN 'Conversations' or phone. I don't like my face rubbed in my own poop and not clog-up this thread - you know. If something is really messed up I will deal with it publicly.

Pellet Class: Pellets only, up to 30 caliber. Scored with 0.35 plug.
1725151918658.png

Sportsman Class: Slugs and RF. Pellets, up to .30 cal, are allowed. Scored with 0.35 plug.
1724996019189.png

Pro Class: Custom Slugs and Unlimited RF. Pellet (22cal) & Sportsman class allowed. Scored with 0.224 plug.
1725034385303.png

Combined Class: Sum of all 3 primary classes
1725564515235.png

Pellet Combined Class: Pellet only rifle used in all 3 primary classes.
1725565510739.png

Generous folks help to set-up - Thank you!
IMG_1280a.JPG

Usual suspects...
IMG_1309a.JPG

Photo request. I was busy so I didn't get enough, please share.

Special thanks to our sponsors:
Joe Friedrich: Cash Prizes
Lothar Walther: Barrels https://www.lothar-walther.com/

N50: https://www.national50.net/
FB N50: https://www.facebook.com/50National/

Back