2024 IR 50/50 final wrap up

tonykharper

The 2024 IR 50/50 Nationals is now done. Fairchance Gun Club put on a great Nationals under some very bad weather conditions.

Fairchance can be tough anytime but with the help of the remainder of hurricane Helene it was just plain awful.

But as always, a few shooters stood out.

Bruce Hornstein really didn't want to be there on Friday because of the weather, but he was there, and he put in his best efforts and was rewarded with many wins.

Bruce is a great competitor, and he showed it the whole weekend. Congratulations Bruce.

Tony Picarelli also shined. He put on a real show shooting the Factory Class. Tony is as tough as they come and shoots light rifles, and heavy rifles, factory or custom equally well.

Congratulations Tony

Then there was John Benyo. I have shot against John for nearly 20 years and I'm tickled pink any time I beat him. John is the heart and soul of Team Peightal.

He also serves as the main scorer at Wilson rifle range in Indiana, Pa. A nicer guy you will never meet. I don't have to tell you how he shoots.

He took us to the cleaners in the Unlimited class. Great shooting John.

If there was a lesson learned at this Nationals it was there are those among us that can stay focused on the task at hand regardless of conditions around us.

That focus allowed them to rise to the top.

TKH

Back