2017 NBRSA Group Nationals Range Location - Update

NearyJR

Guys and Gals,

I would like to provide everyone with an update as to the final decision of the range location of the 2017 NBRSA Group Nationals.

The Range location has been reassigned by the NBRSA BOD's to move from Fairchance to the Benchrest Rifle Club of St. Louis.

The St. Louis range will open Weds. Sept. 13th for the official start of practice and the 2017 NBRSA Group Nationals will take place between Sept. 18th thru Sept. 23rd.

I really appreciate everyone's patience with the final range location determination for this year's NBRSA Group Nationals. I know everyone has been very anxious to submit/commit to their various work vacation dates and also to make their necessary hotel and flight reservations.

I'm truly sorry it did not work out for the Fairchance Rod and Gun Club to host this year's Group Nationals, as originally planned.

Please call me you should have any questions.

Jack Neary

NBRSA Eastern Region, Director

Cell: 336-542-8711

With all deference to the Fairchance Club, having it in Saint Louis is certainly not a bad choice.

Thanks for the update, Jack.

2017 Group Nationals

Hello All,
As you have seen above, the Group Nationals for 2017 has been relocated to the Bench Rest Rifle Club of St. Louis. We just made the change yesterday, so it will take a couple of weeks before we get the registration forms finalized. We are also working on some changes to our camping diagrams to accurately describe the available spaces.
As these items become available I will post them here, along with the BRRC website which is www.shootingstl.com. If anyone has any questions before then I can be reached at:
old4and1@gmail.com
(314) 800-8921
Looking forward to seeing a lot of you in September.
Thanks,
Joe Fesi

Nothing wrong with the St Louis club or range. Its a great place to shoot. Most of us have shot NBRSA Nationals there many times and shot IBS Nationals there. Some of us have even shot IBS 600 yard nationals there. Great facility and great folks.

its just that I had my heart and GPS set for Smithfield Pa !.

I guess the Fairchance club doesn't have the funds for the needed repairs. So it kind of looks like the end of the registered matches, if they can't fix things up. jim

Ranges to hold the NBRSA Nationals:

Over the past years as we have seen our shooters gain in age and with the cost of travel we have seen a decline not only in attendance at matches but a decline in ranges.

Ranges that have held our Nationals and are still able to bid for them:

Arizona Ben Avery
Raton New Mexico
Kansas City
St. Louis, MO
Midland, Texas
Kelbley's
Fairchance, PA
Holton, MI

Current Ranges that have bid and held our Nationals in the last few years.

Arizona Ben Avery
St. Louis, MO
Fairchance, PA

It takes a lot of detected people to set and hold a match let alone a Nationals, not sure some shooters really appreciate the time and dedication or even offer to help. Remember we as shooters should attend a match to enjoy ourselves, visit with our friends we made over the years, don't complain how long the target crew takes etc, and if we shoot well it's a bonus.

My 2 1/2 cents worth

Tom Libby
Past SW Director

Last edited:
About those trees, Holton has the most interesting wind patterns from wind in the trees..

"The wind is my friend..."

-Ed Hartman (among others)

Perhaps NBRSA and IBS should consider helping out the clubs financially, if they require upgrades to the clubs facilities to hold national or regional events.

I really doubt if either the NBBRSA or IBS have the funds to help out a club. Pretty sure both organizations are non profit organizations.

I really doubt if either the NBBRSA or IBS have the funds to help out a club. Pretty sure both organizations are non profit organizations.

Being non-profit has nothing to do with how much money a non-profit has. I suspect that mega-church in Houston has more money than you and I combined -- well, maybe more than just me. Also, the NBRSA has a "fund"; however, I was not able to find out how much is there, or what it's purpose is. I asked, but didn't get a response -- I guess it wasn't any of my business.

How about if all members of the NBRSA contributed say $50 to that fund or even $100, just imagine how much cash that would generate. I would certainly contribute either of those two sums, whichever would be decided on = not going to break the bank.

Amazing how fast this thread died when somebody suggested NBRSA or IBS help keep clubs current with facilities so they can keep running the "flagship events"

Just take the time

Amazing how fast this thread died when somebody suggested NBRSA or IBS help keep clubs current with facilities so they can keep running the "flagship events"

to figure the numbers. $50 per day per shooter for match fees. How much is that for 100-150 participants? for 6 days? In some respects, some ranges have gotten greedy or lazy or not caring. and then.........

Just MHO,

David

Back