2015 Lot#0420124 Velocity check

CYanchycki

Club Coordinator
Has anyone chronographed the above lot or any lots of the NEW 2015?

I have been getting around 3380 with 29.9/30 grains and a 64.5gr bullet on a .790 jacket. This is slightly more than halfway up the neck maybe closer to 3/4's of the way. I shot it this past weekend and I am liking what I am seeing out of it. I think it is a good alternative just as Lou mentioned. No pressure signs and it was juist SLIGHTLY dirtier than suing 133. The nice thing is that it metered so well in comparison to the 133.

I just wish I had figured out the condition that I felt was honest before it was to late.

Time to find more of that lot and work somemore with it.

Calvin

Calvin I have been testing and chronographing lot #0613113 using the following: 22" LV 4 grv. Krieger .237 13 1/2 twist bl. .262 neck and these components:eek:riginal 66 grain Fowler bullets (.825 jackets), .2590 bushing, Winchester white box small rifle primers, .003" off hard jam.

56 Clx. on my Dodd measure equals approx. 30.0 grains and velocity from an Oehler 35 chrono is 3358 fps at 75* and 35% RH. This is a compressed load and is almost to the top of the neck. BTW, 27.0 gns. =3018 fps, 27.6 = 3092, 28.2 = 3167, 28.8 = 3231, 29.4 = 3301, 30.0 = 3358, and 30.6 = 3417.

These were five shot groups and, at each powder increase, the groups formed higher on the target. First load was center mothball and the last load was 1 1/2" higher at 100 yds. The agg. for the seven groups was .2497. Velocity is similar to 8208XBR and may be just a tad slow for what we desire. Never did get any pressure signs, just ran out of case capacity.

Good Shooting

Jim

Of the new 2015, there are lots #2-#5. Lot #3 being the control lot according to Keith Anderson at Western, with that lot at 30g, 21.5" Krieger 13.5 twist, 66g/825 Generic, on an Oehler 35 shows 3312fps. With a 62.5g/750 jacket and the case slamdam full, 31.5 g, I get 3450fps.

The new stuff will show a lot number then a date code. This date is a packaging date. Anything 2010 year or later is the new General Dynamics (Canadian) stuff so what we are getting at dealers now ( the GD-Canada stuff) has been being made for up to two years..

An 8# jug sticker looks like;

03 24 10

The new label will not say 2015 BR or XMR 2015. It will simply show 2015.

Jerry -- or anyone --

Probably a stupid question, but where does one order it from? I usually use Powder Valley, and the only powder showing a 2015 is Accurate Arms. Is that the right stuff?

Excellent..! That clears up some questions me and others had with what we had thoughtwas the GD produced stuff... It had XMR 2015 on the 8lbs'ers... So it was not the GD produced powders, thanks Jerry!

cale

If a container is open, the earlier 2015 has grains that are probably twice or more as long as wide, while the Canadian stuff is about as long as wide.

Was the older 2015 a faster burn rate? if it was what was wrong with useing the older XMR2015?
Mark, the 2015 product has been made practically all over the globe so its hard to say how fast or slow a given batch has been.

Whatever you have, try it and if it works, use it.

NONE of the powders we use has been totally consistent from lot to lot or year to year!!

So if number 3 is the control lot, then is 4 and 5 the same as 3 or close to the same? Same formula i mean? What lot would be ideal to mix with the LT-32 when i finally becomes available to help slow or control the burn speed one might desire? From what i am hearing and reading, some might choose to cut the Lt-32 just a bit to slow it down a touch. Lee

After reading Lee's post this is my question.

What is considered or how do we know what burn rate we are looking for to SUPPOSEDLY maximize the full potential of the little case?

To me that is an unknown. We just keep trying things trying to find something that will drill the bullets into a single hole.

Calvin

I guess what i need to know is what lot of 2015 is the closest to LT-32? As far as mixing or cutting powders, this may be a non issue with the Lt32. Some of the folks i have spoken with about the LT32 " what few that actually have it" seem to think it may be a touch fast? I wouldnt know!! Lee

The Lt 32 that lou is talking about , isn't imported yet. It may be fall before any gets here.
There was a test lot that Lou and Speedy are talking about.
Actually its a little early to even consider what happening with that powder.
After it hits the dealers shelves, a few tests by lot numbers, on powder thats available would make a lot more sense.

I would think you would want a faster burn speed than N133, the problem i have with N133 in mine is,it wants a whole great big bunch of it to shoot, I dont like that..
Mine is likeing H322 really well right now..I really dont want to have to jam 30.5 or 31.5gr's in it to try and make it shoot.

Mark
I have always found another node to work with other than the top node while working with N133. Start at 27gr just to see what you can find. Speed means nothing to me really, but then again who the heck am I!! Accuracy is accuracy and if i am calling my flags properly wind drift doesnt play much of a part. Heck my sighter target will show me how much the blow is, or let up. I do understand that N133 can be very demanding. I would love to not having to rely on the stuff. This is just my experience.
What i am still interested in knowing however, is if this #4 and #5 2015 is anything like the targeted LT32? Im not hearing a hole lot of good about the #3 stuff. I have had three different trusted reports telling me this, just in the last couple days. I have my supplier guy looking for some for me, but i dont know what i am even looking for just yet. I will say that one good trusted buddy is telling me that #3 is working magic in his walldog. Lee

If the 8 lbers are marked 2 thru 5 where does that put Jim E. 0613113 1lber as for Lot #? 6 or 3 ? Would that be date coded June 6 13 11 lot 3 ? I have that same lot.

My lot is*****

Of the new 2015, there are lots #2-#5. Lot #3 being the control lot according to Keith Anderson at Western, with that lot at 30g, 21.5" Krieger 13.5 twist, 66g/825 Generic, on an Oehler 35 shows 3312fps. With a 62.5g/750 jacket and the case slamdam full, 31.5 g, I get 3450fps.

The new stuff will show a lot number then a date code. This date is a packaging date. Anything 2010 year or later is the new General Dynamics (Canadian) stuff so what we are getting at dealers now ( the GD-Canada stuff) has been being made for up to two years..

An 8# jug sticker looks like;

03 24 10

I have 4- 8lb jugs marked
4 7 09 Its much faster than what you all are getting. My normal load is 28.2 gr and that gives me 3280 to 3300 depending on the day. 28.8 grs = 3330-3360 depending on the day. If I go over 29.5 I start to get pressure signs. Mine is made in Canada by western and only shows 2015. I once used Western ramshot and noticed that after It got to be 3-4 yrs old that it got hotter and I had to back off a little. Dont know if thats unique to western or not. I do know that every thing else gets a tad slower over the years.

In regards to lot numbers, in an e-mail I had with Lou, he stated that the lot numbers for the 1 lb jugs of Canadian made 2015 is located on the back label in the silver vertical stripe just to the right of ACCURATE. The lot for the 8 lb jugs is located on the bottom of the jug.

I was informed by a shooter out of South Dakota that he felt the lot's of 3 and 4 were quite similar. Lot 4 may be a tad slow as well but I do not worry about how full the case is. I seat my bullets just before I go to the line so I do not worry if the load is compressed or not. What do I know anyways????? LOL

In interpreting the lot numbers I would hazard a guess that my lot number 0420124 would refer to: April 20, 2012 Lot 4 or April 2012 lot 4.

Calvin

I never post on here but I guess it's time. Several people shot the Canadian 2015 last weekend. I have heard to fast and too slow. I can say in my 2 ppc's I cannot reach a too hot load. There are several nodes and in my opinion easier to tune than Vit. There was good success with it but I suppose only time will tell. I am going to continue using it because I haven't found anything that will agg better right now. I know of several powder/case combo's that you can't over pressure and they shoot good too. The velocity for me was adequate as I am in no horsepower race. I'm glad somebody is trying to appease us:)..When XBR came out I liked it but the stuff I bought this year hasn't worked for me. I have never had good luck with Vit. 322 shoots well but gets hot fast in my guns. Benchmark is O.K. but the accuracy is inconsistent. 2230 varies too much for me and the latest pulldown is going to run out too fast for most of us. I believe powder is the weak link for a new comer and for me 2015 is right now my best bet. Hope it stays there. I was shooting the lot 3 also.

Back