2010 ER Schedule, including the Michigan State Group Four-gun Championship

Joe Krupa

We are in the final stages of the 2010 NBRSA Eastern region scheduling. We have some score matches being scheduled throughout 2010 at WWCCA, Holton and our new range in Oscoda, all in Michigan.

One thing that we want to also announce is that we are scheduling the first Michigan Four-Gun Group Championship at WWCCA during the weekend of July 31st and August 1st. This will be a 200-yard only match shooting (in this order) Sporter and Light Varmint on Saturday the 31st and then Heavy Varmint and five-shot Unlimited on Sunday the 1st.

The primary reason for this match is to have an opportunity to shoot the rail-gun in a less formal atmosphere before the IBS Nationals in August. It is five-shot format for two reasons: 1) not beat up the rail guns before the big matches and 2) give those shooting a bag gun the chance to go up against the big guns without feeling that they can't compete. We hope that this catches on. The range will provide Superfeet to all those wishing to shoot a rail for this match. (My independent, informal testing has shown these to work decently on the WWCCA benches and help the range maintain the bench tops).

WWCCA will award both a three- and a four-gun winner for this match.

More information to come.

Joe...The five shot Unlimited format was a disaster for the big guns in the S.E.R.. Reason is, Why drag out the big gun just for 5 shots? The proponents that wanted 5 shot unlimited said we could get more shooters and the records were within reach. That reasoning sank like a lead weight.

Hope you have better luck.

But this is Michigan, home of the jack pine savage. I have seen 4 different rails at an unregistered match in which there was a picture posted of a certain author handing over some money. I think it was around 5 bucks. It will amaze some to see what they will drag to a match on a small wager. I think I will have to go to this match just to see the show!:):D

Maybe someone will send me some pics then, I guess I'll settle for Sporter and LV. At least I'll get to shoot at 200 yds.

Harrison 2004: Not sure which way the money is flowing...? This was the first time I shot my railgun in competition (i.e., a wager). Practice makes perfect... several years later I was fortunate enough to win an Agg at the Nationals.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Lee :D

Last edited:
Isn't that the same format...

that Mickey and Brady use down in Good Ole' Boy country? To my knowledge their matches have always been a big success.

Wisht you guys would have told me before I sold Fatso.

Dick

We are in the final stages of the 2010 NBRSA Eastern region scheduling. We have some score matches being scheduled throughout 2010 at WWCCA, Holton and our new range in Oscoda, all in Michigan.

One thing that we want to also announce is that we are scheduling the first Michigan Four-Gun Group Championship at WWCCA during the weekend of July 31st and August 1st. This will be a 200-yard only match shooting (in this order) Sporter and Light Varmint on Saturday the 31st and then Heavy Varmint and five-shot Unlimited on Sunday the 1st.

The primary reason for this match is to have an opportunity to shoot the rail-gun in a less formal atmosphere before the IBS Nationals in August. It is five-shot format for two reasons: 1) not beat up the rail guns before the big matches and 2) give those shooting a bag gun the chance to go up against the big guns without feeling that they can't compete. We hope that this catches on. The range will provide Superfeet to all those wishing to shoot a rail for this match. (My independent, informal testing has shown these to work decently on the WWCCA benches and help the range maintain the bench tops).

WWCCA will award both a three- and a four-gun winner for this match.

More information to come.

Joe.
That sounds like a lot of fun. The MI 4 Gun-Group Championship.
We should probably get with Bill Gammon early to reserve a bench, eh ???

Tim B.

Back