2009 SOUTH EAST OHIO 600 Yd SHOOT SCHEDULE

Bill647

After our last match of 2008, several of the shooters hung around and we cleared out a new target area farther back to 600 yards. The 550 yard target stands were taken down and put back up at the 600 yard spot. Thanks to all who helped out on this as it was a couple of hours of some hard work.

The following is the South East Ohio Range's 600 Yard Shoot Schedule for calendar 2009:

Saturday------April 11, 2009---------Matches 1 & 2

Saturday------May 9, 2009----------Matches 3 & 4

Saturday------June 6, 2009----------Matches 5 & 6

Saturday------July 4, 2009-----------Matches 7 & 8

Saturday------August 8, 2009--------Matches 9 & 10

Saturday------September 5, 2009----Matches 11 & 12

Saturday------October 10, 2009------Matches 13 & 14

Saturday------November 7, 2009------Matches 15 & 16

While we don't anticipate changing any of these dates, should there be a need to do so, the changes will be posted to this forum as soon as we know them.

Feel free to call Don Whitlock (740-645-1265) or Francis Dunlap (304-675-2201) with any questions you may have concerning any of our shooting activities.

How far from Fredericksburg Va? What format do you all shoot and what are the gun classes and weights? Is this a cash match? What is the entry fee's and is there pitt duty?

Range

I would use Rio Grande Ohio on U.S.35 as a land mark.
Range is off St.Rte.141 a little to the west of Rio Grande.:)

Hey !

Don't for get Waterlou,Arabia,Gallia,Kitchen and for sure Racoon Creek

.:):)

I Missed

Patriot ,Thurman & Crown City
There truley isn't any where like S.E. Ohio at dogwood & red bud !:)

Sorry for not replying to this sooner. Have been out town.

First the range is on Fred Golden's property which is located on Ohio State Route 141, approximately 10 miles north of Gallipolis, OH.

These shoots are group/score money matches with payouts going to 1st and 2nd group and 1st and 2nd score and closest to the center. So there are 5 chances to win each match. We shoot 2 matches for sure and usually a third match, time and weather permitting, which usually happens. There is a 7 minute time limit on each match to shoot as many sighters as you want and 5 record shots. The targets used are IBS 600 Yard targets. No weight limits on guns, and breaks are allowed. There are 4 concrete benches at the range so we shoot 4 person relays, but no shootoffs; what is shot on the relay is scored against all other shooters on all relays. Match start time is usually 10:00am, with the range opening around 8:00am for practice. Last year the match fee was $12: $1 for the target, $2 for Fred Golden, range owner, and rest is paid out to the winners. As far as I know the fee will be the same this year. No alcoholic beverages allowed, but you are encouraged to bring along your own non-alcoholic drinks and something to eat as we usually don't finish until mid-afternoon (2:00 - 3:00PM timeframe).

Hope this info helps.

Address

Bill

You have a street address? The only direction I see 141 going out of Gallipolis is west??? Might be able to round up a few former Ohio long range guys to make the trip.

Edit
OK..looks like 9736 SR 141 is the address? Puts it right at the intersection of 141 and 775 if so.

Rob

Last edited by a moderator:
Fred Golden's Place

Rob,

My bad, I guess Ohio St. Route 141 does run east - west and not north - south. So Fred Golden's place is 10 miles west of Gallipolis, Ohio. The address is 9736 St. 141. While his address is listed as Gallipolis, it is physically located in Patriot, Ohio (just incase you try to use a navagation device).

At this time we are still planning to hold the shoot, weather permitting. If the weather does not cooperate, I will post a cancellation notice on this forum site sometime this Friday afternoon/evening. So please check this site again Friday evening. Also feel free to call Don Whitlock (740-645-1265) or me (304-633-9524) to confirm that the shoot is still on.

Hope you and some of your local shooting friends can make it to our shoot.

Bill

Ok

Will keep an eye out for the notice. I just wanted to make sure I didnt miss 141 running out of Gallipolis somewhere. Many thanks for the info. Being Easter weekend, I dont know who all will be able to make this trip. However, I got a new toy to play with and want to run it out a little.

Thanks
Rob

How did things go today? I was coming down from Ripley, WV but I didn't trust the morning weather and there was no post as to if the event was going to go on last night, so I didn't call off of work. I'll try to get more definite info before the next one. Looking forward to it. Steve

Back