10x bullets

tenring

In the equipment registers, I see a lot of shooters using these bullets. Did a search, but turned up nothing. Who makes them? Is there a web silte?

In the equipment registers, I see a lot of shooters using these bullets. Did a search, but turned up nothing. Who makes them? Is there a web silte?

10X Bullets are made by Dick Baier & Chad Schmidt.
No website, just call Dick on 920-410-3400

Adrian

My curiosity has been aroused. If you know much about these bullets, (I assume we are talking 30 caliber), let us know........jackie

10X Bullets

Jackie, These .30's are made with Guy Chism's dies. When Guy passed away, Dick and Chad felt that the tradition of Guy's excellent .30's should continue so they acquirred Guy's .30 cal. operation. Guy called his bullets '10X's, hence the current 10X name.

I shoot with Dick and Chad several times each season. They are good people. :)

Thanks For The Info

That is certainly a great set of dies, probably right up there with Randy's.

I might give them a call.........jackie

My curiosity has been aroused. If you know much about these bullets, (I assume we are talking 30 caliber), let us know........jackie

Jackie,

It looks like some info was already given so I'll just add some fluff...

Last Fall, at the the end of the first day of the 100/200 IBS Score Nationals, the top three finishers were all using 10X 115 grain bullets.

Hal Drake pretty much controlled the Score world last year, he was using 10X bullets.

I tried just a handful in a 30PPC - Not enough to determine anything. In a 30BR they work well. I've yet to have a single gun that doesn't like them.

They have become pretty popular in my neighborhood.

Adrian

Somewhere around here I have a picture of Julia wearing a 10X hat.

Attn Hal Drake

Hal,

Speaking of 10X bullets - I have yours in the trailer. Will you be at the match on Sunday?

Adrian

Adrian

Please take this as a compliment.

You can feel free to post a picture of Julia any time you please.

I haven't checked the latest Websters Illustrated Dictionary, but under the definition of "married-up", I am sure your picture would be there.

So would mine:D.........jackie

Picture of the 10X Owners

Please take this as a compliment.

You can feel free to post a picture of Julia any time you please.

I haven't checked the latest Websters Illustrated Dictionary, but under the definition of "married-up", I am sure your picture would be there.

So would mine:D.........jackie
So true, Jackie!!

Far left - Chad Schmidt / Dick Baier - Far right
Chad-Julia-Dick.jpg

Julia at the IBS Score Nationals
Julia1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Jackie,

It looks like some info was already given so I'll just add some fluff...

Last Fall, at the the end of the first day of the 100/200 IBS Score Nationals, the top three finishers were all using 10X 115 grain bullets.

Hal Drake pretty much controlled the Score world last year, he was using 10X bullets.

I tried just a handful in a 30PPC - Not enough to determine anything. In a 30BR they work well. I've yet to have a single gun that doesn't like them.

They have become pretty popular in my neighborhood.

Adrian

Somewhere around here I have a picture of Julia wearing a 10X hat.

I had Dick and Chad make me up some 110's specifically for my light 30 PPC last winter...they worked great, but no different than the 115's. Couldn't discern any difference in recoil between the two, so I just stuck with the 115's as I had a bunch. These aren't just great score bullets either...I had some very good finishes in group matches as well last year. They are as good as any BR bullet out there as far as I'm concerned.

I will be at the match on Sunday Adrian.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU. When I did a search of my pictures, I had George but not Julia or Dick. They are now on the list. I am up to 2512 pictures which are shown at SS. I have 3 backup copies now. Yes I have made mistakes in the spelling, and yes I have made mistakes in the pictures, but so be it, but correct me, I can take it. Anyway lets move on. I have about 300 pictures that the late Ed Watson took and about the same that the late Lowell Hottenstein took, just need names, any ideas?
Bill

Probably put up a "no name" photo gallery and ask for names when recognized. Not real smart these days but I could help a little. Thing is, it would be a bit of effort and I don't think folks would help that much. Not that folks aren't willing to help but they're not gonna go there but once. You could post the photos here, like you did before! I'll make you a section all your own if you want.

Wilbur That is a great idea. I heard Bill is retired. And has a new computer. Besides drinking beer and fishing. I heard he is really bored....;)

anyone know if these guys are still making/selling the 10X bullets? this thread seems to have morphed....

Back