0 freebore reamer 6ppc

I used a "zero" freebore reamer with one bullet, the Bruno 00 Boat Tail. That bullet,, which is a double radius design, has about the longest setup of any bullet available on a .825 Jacket.

I now am shooting both of Barts Boat Tails, (790 and 825 jacket), and use a ,045 with them. ............jackie

I shot the Bruno 00 BT for a long time with a .050" freebore. Worked great. In the .015" freebore, I can jam it as much as I want. But the bullet base is not near as far down the neck as it is when I seat a .825" FB bullet to a similar jam.

Ogive location is more key than jacket length in determining what the freebore should be. Consideration must also be given to where the bottom of the bullet will be in relation to the neck and powder.

Would it not be better to use a 14 to 14.5 twist with the shorter non BT bullet made on a .750 or 790 jacket ? Possible solution ! Buy the bullets and calculate the freebore based on the ojive to the base dimension then calculate the twist based on the overall length of the bullet and buy the reamer and the barrel later after the calculations?

Back