PDA

View Full Version : What's in your Pocket?

Chism G
03-11-2018, 04:58 PM
Just got back from the range with my brand new, never shot before,Glock 43. Ran a box (50 rounds) of ammo through it, just to get acquainted with it. This little Gem is a single stack 9mm. with a 6 round mag.

The target below, was the first seven rounds(one in chamber) at 7 yards. I was impressed. Its probably going to be my new carry piece.

https://i.imgur.com/72aRr5k.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/vXMnPk3.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/wOR3rkN.jpg

Glenn

Al Nyhus
03-11-2018, 05:19 PM
A Kel-Tec PMR 30. :)

https://www.keltecweapons.com/pistols/pmr-30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqvMw1m_Zho

glp
03-11-2018, 05:55 PM
I know a fella with two of them. He lives way back in the woods and porcupines have been a problem as well as beaver damning up streams and flooding his access road. He says its awesome on those critters. I wouldn't want to be looking at the wrong end of one!

Creeker
03-11-2018, 06:12 PM
A Ruger LCP but like your choice.

zippy06
03-11-2018, 07:46 PM
G43 NICE.
I shoot a little to the left......or it might be the locking block....not sure....shoots the junk I make...

retired
03-11-2018, 08:51 PM
inside hip not pocket
glock 38 45 gap , full acp power in a 9mm frame

actually in a pocket : polish p64 in 9x18 with hornady ammo

alinwa
03-11-2018, 08:56 PM
Glock 36, it does it all....best :)

antelopedundee
03-11-2018, 09:16 PM
I don't carry, but if I did it would be this.

jackie schmidt
03-11-2018, 09:26 PM
Glenn, two years ago I bought Marilyn a single stack 9mm Glock 43 for her birthday. She picked it out.

This is her at 10 yards, standing two hand hold.

She likes the Glock because there is no safety to fumble with, and it shoots every time.

http://benchrest.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20771&stc=1&d=1520814368

jimmymac
03-11-2018, 09:30 PM
Lets see. A pen knife, $72 in cash, two sets of ear plugs and a a reminder to call my doctor.

Lee Martin
03-11-2018, 09:33 PM
Top gun in a hip-pancake holster. The lower rides in an ankle rig.

http://www.singleactions.com/files/Carry_Guns.JPG

-Lee
www.singleactions.com

Chism G
03-11-2018, 10:20 PM
Glenn, two years ago I bought Marilyn a single stack 9mm Glock 43 for her birthday. She picked it out.

This is her at 10 yards, standing two hand hold.

She likes the Glock because there is no safety to fumble with, and it shoots every time.

http://benchrest.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20771&stc=1&d=1520814368

Jackie....I wouldn’t want Marilyn shooting at me. I was impressed with the off the shelf accuracy of the Glock,and the conceal ability. Your best choice of a carry gun is the one that you can hit what you shoot at.

Glenn

GASTX
03-11-2018, 10:31 PM
Kimber Micro 380 in pocket

Colt Defender 45 acp under left arm

Jim Pag
03-11-2018, 11:22 PM
Semi tricked out Para-Ordnance P13-45. Trigger job, polished feed ramp, Novak Low Profile sights. Ed Brown memory groove beavertail. All internals and the three 13rd mags all coated with Robar's NP3 electroless nickel Teflon finish. Outside coated with Robar Roguard Molybdenum-disulfide polymer finish. Usually carry in a Galco holster and I'll throw one mag in each front pocket. That gives you 40 rounds of 45ACP. In the winter time I usually carry it in the pocket of my heavy winter coat.

alinwa
03-12-2018, 02:14 AM
.......That gives you 40 rounds of 45ACP. In the winter time I usually carry it in the pocket of my heavy winter coat.

LOL!!

Yeahhh, almost a pound and a half of lead........THAT oughtta' get it, Ya THINK??

Jim Pag
03-12-2018, 10:16 AM
LOL!!

Yeahhh, almost a pound and a half of lead........THAT oughtta' get it, Ya THINK??

That's what it takes up here in Maine especially when you go to Wal*Mart to go grocery shopping the first of the month after they hand out the welfare checks to all these Maine farm girls who weigh more than an Army deuce and a half. Do you know what it's like having a dozen of them coming at you in those 3 wheeled motorized carts all heading for the twinkie isle at once? It's either fight or flight and you need all the firepower that you can get. You ever get those emails, the pictures from Wal*Mart showing all these strange people wearing all these strange get-ups and the 2 ton chicks wearing little clothing or Spandex? All from Maine.

Butch Lambert
03-12-2018, 12:02 PM
That's what it takes up here in Maine especially when you go to Wal*Mart to go grocery shopping the first of the month after they hand out the welfare checks to all these Maine farm girls who weigh more than an Army deuce and a half. Do you know what it's like having a dozen of them coming at you in those 3 wheeled motorized carts all heading for the twinkie isle at once? It's either fight or flight and you need all the firepower that you can get. You ever get those emails, the pictures from Wal*Mart showing all these strange people wearing all these strange get-ups and the 2 ton chicks wearing little clothing or Spandex? All from Maine.

Good one, Jimmy!

Wayne Shaw
03-12-2018, 12:08 PM
Glock 36 when I can, LCP II the rest of the time.

JerrySharrett
03-12-2018, 01:17 PM
S&W M&P 45acp Shield. W/Hornady 185 FTX

Jim Pag
03-12-2018, 02:35 PM
Good one, Jimmy!

Thanks Butch. Everyone needs a good laugh now and then. Keeps things in perspective, especially when your preparing to get clobbered with another 2 feet of snow in less than a week.

GASTX
03-12-2018, 02:38 PM
S&W M&P 45acp Shield. W/Hornady 185 FTX

Very good pistol, I like them better than Glocks, smaller to carry. I am a Gold Dot fan myself or the old school Hydra Shocks

jackie schmidt
03-12-2018, 02:38 PM

LOL!!

Sounds like East Houston.

Those poor carts take some heavy abuse.

For the "Wally World" on I-10 east in Houston, you might need this when the herd really gets moving between the Twinkie isle and the Micke D's.

http://benchrest.com/showthread.php?53250-12ga-Fh-8ga-Fh-700he

Jim Pag
03-12-2018, 03:13 PM
LOL!!

Sounds like East Houston.

Those poor carts take some heavy abuse.

For the "Wally World" on I-10 east in Houston, you might need this when the herd really gets moving between the Twinkie isle and the Micke D's.

http://benchrest.com/showthread.php?53250-12ga-Fh-8ga-Fh-700he

LMFAO! Ya Jackie when they let all of those Maine farm girls loose all at once for the twinkie isle it reminds me of those dodge em bumper cars at the carnival. You know how they say everything is bigger and better in Texas. Well you all must of lost a piece of land that broke off and floated east, went around Florida up the east coast and attached itself to NH, cause damn I just came back from Wally World grocery shopping and there was this one big Maine girl that was wider than my old cabover Freightliner grill. Her husband or boyfriend whatever he was, was just as big. It's pretty sad, their shopping cart was filled with all sorts of JUNK. What kills me the most is that they all have their shopping carts filled with 2 liter bottles of diet soda. OMG that just cracks me up!

Zebra13
03-12-2018, 03:21 PM
Top gun in a hip-pancake holster. The lower rides in an ankle rig.

http://www.singleactions.com/files/Carry_Guns.JPG

-Lee
www.singleactions.com

Lee,

Ooooooo...love me some round-butt Model 66's and 19's. Got one like yours on my nightstand. The round-butt K frame is just about the perfect revolver. Ol' Bill Jordan knew what-the-hell he was talking about.

I've carried a gun every day of my life for the past 28 or so years...and I've carried a few different ones. My favorite, and current resident of my right hip, is a S&W Shield 9mm in a Ted Blocker inside-the-pants holster, filled with Winchester SXT's. It's flat, disappears under a shirt, and shoots like a dream. Another magazine full of argument sits on my port side in a Ted Blocker inside-the-pants mag pouch.

My next favorite is my H&K P7M8. Flat, absolutely stupid accurate, but a little heavy.

Other necessities are a small pocket knife, a Leatherman, and a can of Copenhagen. And my $*^&!@% reading glasses...

Justin

glp
03-12-2018, 04:18 PM
LMFAO! Ya Jackie when they let all of those Maine farm girls loose all at once for the twinkie isle it reminds me of those dodge em bumper cars at the carnival. You know how they say everything is bigger and better in Texas. Well you all must of lost a piece of land that broke off and floated east, went around Florida up the east coast and attached itself to NH, cause damn I just came back from Wally World grocery shopping and there was this one big Maine girl that was wider than my old cabover Freightliner grill. Her husband or boyfriend whatever he was, was just as big. It's pretty sad, their shopping cart was filled with all sorts of JUNK. What kills me the most is that they all have their shopping carts filled with 2 liter bottles of diet soda. OMG that just cracks me up!

to ya Jimbo, but most of those fat chicks are from Mass (except for Washington County)...up here to take advantage of the Democrats and their generous welfare benefits. Just what we need....liberal democrats and fat chicks from Mass!!!!

Pete Wass
03-12-2018, 04:36 PM

you need to get out more.

I had the same thoughts about the women I see here in Florida. This is the land of Big Gals. You ain't seen nunthin in Maine, believe me.

Pete

Jim Pag
03-12-2018, 05:14 PM
to ya Jimbo, but most of those fat chicks are from Mass (except for Washington County)...up here to take advantage of the Democrats and their generous welfare benefits. Just what we need....liberal democrats and fat chicks from Mass!!!!

No way they are from Mass Greg. You have it all wrong. When Cindy moved up here from NH to live with me she commented that she's never seen so many heffers as in this state. They are 100% Hostess & Little Debbie fed inbread and buttered Maine farm girls no doubt about it.

Al Nyhus
03-12-2018, 08:23 PM
So much for my pocket gun. Then there's my glove box gun...... ;)

https://i.imgur.com/7Mytz8V.jpg

tim
03-12-2018, 09:33 PM
Sig 238 or Springfield XDS in .45

GeneT
03-12-2018, 10:11 PM
Sig 238 or Springfield XDS in .45

I was wondering if the Springy's were going to get any love. I normally carry a 5" 1911, but when I can't, the Springfiled XDs .45 is my go-to compact.

GsT

Jim Pag
03-13-2018, 12:12 AM
Lee,

Ooooooo...love me some round-butt Model 66's and 19's. Got one like yours on my nightstand. The round-butt K frame is just about the perfect revolver. Ol' Bill Jordan knew what-the-hell he was talking about.

I've carried a gun every day of my life for the past 28 or so years...and I've carried a few different ones. My favorite, and current resident of my right hip, is a S&W Shield 9mm in a Ted Blocker inside-the-pants holster, filled with Winchester SXT's. It's flat, disappears under a shirt, and shoots like a dream. Another magazine full of argument sits on my port side in a Ted Blocker inside-the-pants mag pouch.

My next favorite is my H&K P7M8. Flat, absolutely stupid accurate, but a little heavy.

Other necessities are a small pocket knife, a Leatherman, and a can of Copenhagen. And my $*^&!@% reading glasses...

Justin

Ah Justin. A man after my own heart. The H&K P series was my favorite all time pistol. Between 1995 and 1999 I collected combat handguns, 106 of them. I use to practice at minimum 3 days a week and I became a pretty good shot with a handgun, but I just loved those P7's enough to purchase 11 of them. The first was the original PSP then a P7M8, 5 P7 M13's, 3 black and 2 nickel. Then 4 P7M10's, 2 black and 2 nickel. When my eyesight changed when I was 45 years old I sold 104 and only have 2 pistols left. Now I'm into buying and shooting benchrest rifles.

Pat B.
03-13-2018, 11:46 AM
Glenn, I think that’s a perfect choice!

In Rick fashion, I killed a coyote with mine.. gold dots

Doug Casner
03-13-2018, 12:11 PM
Had a 45 xd shot good but being crippled I couldn't jack the slide back hard enough to get the shell outa the barrel. Don't have any problems with a 4in. or 5in. slide but couldn't work 3in. slide had to take it outside and shoot it to get the shell out of the barrel. The extractor wouldn't let go of the case. Got a 642 smith now. I can unload it. Doug

Zebra13
03-13-2018, 01:01 PM
Ah Justin. A man after my own heart. The H&K P series was my favorite all time pistol. Between 1995 and 1999 I collected combat handguns, 106 of them. I use to practice at minimum 3 days a week and I became a pretty good shot with a handgun, but I just loved those P7's enough to purchase 11 of them. The first was the original PSP then a P7M8, 5 P7 M13's, 3 black and 2 nickel. Then 4 P7M10's, 2 black and 2 nickel. When my eyesight changed when I was 45 years old I sold 104 and only have 2 pistols left. Now I'm into buying and shooting benchrest rifles.

Jim,

The P7...probably the greatest handgun nobody has heard of. I'd always get strange looks on qualifying days, or a "What the hell is that"? Then I would let them shoot it, which was followed by an incredulous look and a "Holy sh!t"!

Probably the easiest to shoot factory handgun ever made. The bore sits so close to the hand that recoil feels non-existent. Double-taps happen in a screaming hurry, and land like a set of eyes on target. Phenomenal little gun.

I've heard good things about the Sig P210 as well, but have never had the pleasure of shooting one.

I'm curious...you kept two of the 106. What were the two you kept?

And yes...the eyes. Hence my comment about reading glasses. I haven't seen my front sight in a couple of years. I've always shot a true Weaver stance, but last range day, I tried isosceles in an effort to get my front sight a little farther away from my eyeballs. Didn't help.

Getting old blows...

Justin

powderbrake
03-13-2018, 01:34 PM
When I think pocket, I think concealed carry. Here is one which I carry all the time. A Seecamp 380.
No it's not the most powerful, but it's better than going empty handed, and it is small enough to fit in the pocket. It makes a Ruger LCP look big.

Jim Pag
03-13-2018, 05:24 PM
Jim,

The P7...probably the greatest handgun nobody has heard of. I'd always get strange looks on qualifying days, or a "What the hell is that"? Then I would let them shoot it, which was followed by an incredulous look and a "Holy sh!t"!

Probably the easiest to shoot factory handgun ever made. The bore sits so close to the hand that recoil feels non-existent. Double-taps happen in a screaming hurry, and land like a set of eyes on target. Phenomenal little gun.

I've heard good things about the Sig P210 as well, but have never had the pleasure of shooting one.

And yes...the eyes. Hence my comment about reading glasses. I haven't seen my front sight in a couple of years. I've always shot a true Weaver stance, but last range day, I tried isosceles in an effort to get my front sight a little farther away from my eyeballs. Didn't help.

Getting old blows...

Justin

I only kept a 1st generation Glock 17 and that Para P13. I did have a Sig P210-6 with the matching serial # slide and barrel in 22lr. My favorite caliber is the 10MM. I had a half dozen of them including a Bren 10, and an FBI issue S&W 1076 that I bought from an agent I knew in the Boston office. I think the handgun that I regret selling the most was a ported Colt Defender 3" 45ACP. I use to carry that everywhere.

alinwa
03-13-2018, 07:12 PM
Glock 36 when I can, LCP II the rest of the time.

Glock 36, "the one nobody knows about"

And once you do, you buy one :)

Zebra13
03-13-2018, 07:35 PM
This little bugger looks promising...

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/p365-nitron-micro-compact.html

Justin

Chism G
03-13-2018, 08:10 PM
Glenn, I think that’s a perfect choice!

In Rick fashion, I killed a coyote with mine.. gold dots

Pat could kill a quail, on the wing, at 25 paces with a Glock 43. I need a little more trigger time with mine.
Good to see ya on here Bud.

Glenn

Chism G
03-13-2018, 08:14 PM
Jim,

Getting old blows...

Justin

Most accurate,Off the shelf, hand gun I ever owned was a H&K P9S,.45 cal.

Glenn

Jim Pag
03-13-2018, 08:24 PM

Glenn

I owned one of those also. Nice piece.

glp
03-15-2018, 09:57 AM

Glenn

out of the box handgun I ever owned is a Colt Gold Cup NM Series 70. Upgraded the recoil spring and guide and its still awesomely accurate.

Doug Casner
03-15-2018, 11:20 AM
Ive got a series 70 gold cup I bought new and it wouldn't shoot until I had a 1911 smith put a barrel and bushing in it. It will shoot good now. I don't know what was wrong with it.Doug

AndyTaber
03-15-2018, 01:22 PM
Edit because with this weather I forgot one detail:
How do you accomplish that at the beach in August?

Just a thought Francis, but you might try getting rid of the speedo. (My eyes, my eyes).

ebb
03-15-2018, 01:34 PM
Kahr PM45, but the gun in the truck is a 30-06

Wilbur
03-17-2018, 09:18 AM
Wonder what that Colt python that Francis gave to his grandson would sell for? Nice pistol that one was!!!

Lee Martin
03-17-2018, 11:47 AM
Wonder what that Colt python that Francis gave to his grandson would sell for? Nice pistol that one was!!!

You can't touch a clean Python for much under $3,000 nowadays. Wish I bought a few in the 90's. Problem was, I thought they were over-priced at $700 - $800 back then.

-Lee
www.singleactions.com

Chism G
03-17-2018, 12:05 PM
I agree with Lee on the value of the Python. My love affair with the Colt Python revolver, which was called the “Snake”,began, back in the mid seventies, with the TV series, "Starsky and Hutch". Yea,I’m that old. The Blue Colt python, with six inch barrel, that Hutch carried, was the high light of the show, for me.

I bought one,New, Blue, with the six inch barrel and a custom trigger job, from the factory. Double action, was smooth as silk. I never shot anything but magnum loads in it. Very fine piece. I traded it for something benchrest related, “Arrrgh”

One like that now in, excellent condition, would cost as much as a new Benchrest Rifle.
I’ve traded, or sold, a lot of guns I should have kept. "arrrgh"

Glenn

Jim Pag
03-17-2018, 12:42 PM
You can't touch a clean Python for much under $3,000 nowadays. Wish I bought a few in the 90's. Problem was, I thought they were over-priced at $700 - $800 back then.

-Lee
www.singleactions.com

I bought my brand new 6" Python in November of 1979 for $399.99 at the Gun room in Shrewsbury, MA. First handgun that I ever owned. Boy the bluing on those old Pythons were just unreal. The finest bluing job of any firearm that I have ever seen.

antelopedundee
03-17-2018, 03:26 PM
I agree with Lee on the value of the Python. My love affair with the Colt Python revolver, which was called the “Snake”,began, back in the mid seventies, with the TV series, "Starsky and Hutch". Yea,I’m that old. The Blue Colt python, with six inch barrel, that Hutch carried, was the high light of the show, for me.

I bought one,New, Blue, with the six inch barrel and a custom trigger job, from the factory. Double action, was smooth as silk. I never shot anything but magnum loads in it. Very fine piece. I traded it for something benchrest related, “Arrrgh”

One like that now in, excellent condition, would cost as much as a new Benchrest Rifle.
I’ve traded, or sold, a lot of guns I should have kept. "arrrgh"

Glenn

What was the movie where somebody had the 8 inch nickel version?

antelopedundee
03-17-2018, 03:30 PM
I bought my brand new 6" Python in November of 1979 for $399.99 at the Gun room in Shrewsbury, MA. First handgun that I ever owned. Boy the bluing on those old Pythons were just unreal. The finest bluing job of any firearm that I have ever seen.

Be nice to have another one some day.

Guess this Bill Davis Cougar will have to serve as a replacement.

Jim Pag
03-17-2018, 03:43 PM
Two years before Starsky and Hutch debut which was in 75, David Soul carried a 4" blued Python when he played one of the dirty cops in the 1973 movie Magnum Force.

antelopedundee
03-17-2018, 04:11 PM
Two years before Starsky and Hutch debut which was in 75, David Soul carried a 4" blued Python when he played one of the dirty cops in the 1973 movie Magnum Force.

Was it the Shaft movie where he had the 8 inch nickel piece? Whatever, as I recall it was intimidating.

Here is a pretty good listing.

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Colt_Python

Jim Pag
03-17-2018, 05:22 PM
Was it the Shaft movie where he had the 8 inch nickel piece? Whatever, as I recall it was intimidating.

Here is a pretty good listing.

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Colt_Python

It couldn't of been in the original Richard Roundtree movie because that was I think the early 70's and the 8" Python didn't come out until 1980. I remember that because I bought my 6" in Nov of 79 and the 8" came out the next year. The only fault of the Python is that if you did a lot of shooting the cylinder was prone to go out of timing.

tim
03-17-2018, 06:36 PM
Ive got a series 70 gold cup I bought new and it wouldn't shoot until I had a 1911 smith put a barrel and bushing in it. It will shoot good now. I don't know what was wrong with it.Doug

Just sold a real mint series 70 I bought mid '70's, once I bought Kimberand Les Baer it never came out of thecloset.

glp
03-18-2018, 10:01 AM
a new S&W K frame kit gun that had failed to get the S&W logo stamp on the left side of the frame with Larry Higgins for a mint 4" Python in the late 70s. I shot the gun a few times and just did not like the grips, grip shape and sights. I sold it. Sorry I did only because of the run up in price. As Pag said, the bluing and polish was nice. I have some old Colts revolvers...and the one that stands out is a 357 Magnum model. They made some great revolvers. Does anyone know what is going on with them these days? I know the declared bankruptcy but I've heard several rumors that they may go under??

Tim, I shot a friends Kimber once and I agree that it is a beautiful 1911 style pistol and it was very accurate.

Doug Casner
03-18-2018, 12:41 PM
My cousin got one of those 400 dollar pythons down at Blairstown back in the 70s. I never had a python had a diamondback and traded it for something. I probably hurt the value of that gold cup with that barrel and bushing but I couldn't hit a bull in the butt with it. Doug

JerrySharrett
03-19-2018, 03:30 PM
I bought that Python in 1965 for $137.00 at the same time my brother bought a S&W Trooper for $118.00. Well, I gave it to my grandson a couple months ago. I saw one at Cabela's that was not in such pristine condition as mine and they were asking $3995.00

The smart old gun trader told his wife “in 1890 a $20 gold piece would buy a Colt single action..it still will”!!