PDA

View Full Version : Leupold- Premier Reticle

wiggytelsta
02-12-2016, 11:59 AM
A while ago I placed a post concerning a Leupold 6.5X20 scope with a 3 dot reticle installed by Premier. I was trying to find out if Premier Reticles was still in existence. They aren't! I then contacted Leupold, explained the situation and was told to send the scope in to have it checked for damage. I sent the scope to Leupold and was notified today that while they wouldn't repair the scope because Premier had modified it, they would replace it under warranty. So, I had a 20 year old damaged scope and am getting a new VX-3i 6.5X20, I don't see how anyone can possibly ever fault Leopold's customer service.

Butch Lambert
02-12-2016, 05:28 PM
What was wrong with your other one?

wiggytelsta
02-12-2016, 05:38 PM
What was wrong with your other one?
I dropped the scope on a concrete floor. It seemed to be erratic, so I wanted it checked. I don't know if they tested it, but I don't think they did. The only thing I'm losing is the 3 dot reticle which was for hunting, but that ended sometime ago.

Joe Salt
02-13-2016, 11:33 AM
I remember some years ago, a buddy of mine got what remained of a friend of his that died in a plane crash, they were on a hunting trip. But one of the things was a Leupold scope that was broke in half! He sent it back and sure enough they sent him a brand new scope. Great Company!

Joe Salt

Jonnyh
02-23-2016, 05:18 AM
They changed attitude in 2005 and the last of the PR conversions, I had the very last one Dick Thomas ever did end of June 2005 VX2 20-50 GEN2. Causes grief by many as these scopes wont be repaired just merely put back to standard spec devalueing substantially.
Even a note inside do not remove ret rarely works they just do it in spite.

370bc
03-05-2016, 09:09 PM
I have a 4.5-14 vari III that premier did for me back in the day. Still works as designed. However, I would like to exchange my custom ordered target reticle with trajectory dots for a scope with a reticle with more of a thicker, hunting reticle. It works great for paper, not so good for Yotes in the pre-dawn. I talked to leupold and they said they could not help me. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Steelhead1
03-06-2016, 04:23 PM
370bc
Try Optical Services Co. They do reticle changes. Bill Ackerman,and they are inSanta Terresa, NM.

GerryM
03-07-2016, 08:22 AM
Plus one for Ackerman on repairs and reticle changes
I had a bosh and loumb scope with broken cross hairs.
They made an etched reticle for me to replace those broken wire cross hairs.
The scope now is one of the best I own.