PDA

View Full Version : Outback Steakhouse Alert

Dave S
12-22-2015, 05:11 PM
We went to Outback Steakhouse on SR64 in Bradenton, Fl. last night, for a birthday party.. As I walked up to the door, I saw a a sign on the door which stated "No guns allowed in this establishment". I immediately told my wife that I wasn't going in that place, but she convinced me to go anyhow.. So, I left my CW in the car and went in.. After the party was over and we left, I asked to speak to the manager. I took the manager outside, pointed at the sign and asked her if that was a chain-wide policy or local franchise policy. She said she thought it was chain wide.. I told her "thank you and I will not be back". I then asked her if she knew what that sign said. I told her that sign was a invitation to any robber or anyone wanting to commit a mass shooting. It basically told them that they were free to rob and kill, with no fear of retaliation.. I told her that when she needed the Police, they were only 5 minutes away, and that a lot of damage could occur in 5 minutes.. So we, will not be going back to Outback Steakhouse until they use a little common sense and remove that sign.. I saw no one in that restaurant that looked capable of protecting me or my family in case of an emergency...

Dave

Dusty Stevens
12-22-2015, 06:23 PM
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6. Federal gun free zones are different but a guy that owns a restaurant aint got a clue.

Lee Martin
12-22-2015, 06:50 PM
I don't think you're committing a crime by carrying in a place like that. Worst case the owner can ask you to leave. It's not the same as a school or federal building. So to hell with them, my CCW would've gone with me. Besides, if management found out it means I have bigger problems to confront.

That said, you did right by speaking your mind. Those types of regulations defy logic....which I why I rarely talk to anti-gunners. They left common sense at the door from the hit.

-Lee
www.singleactions.com

CMaier
12-22-2015, 08:14 PM
penara bread is another anti gun company.
free wifi...just no guns or hunting data allowed.....

Wilbur
12-22-2015, 09:17 PM
Dave - I'm in total agreement! Holler if the Outback takes that sign down.

In fact, I've recently committed to several unrelated things such as stores that have TV ads related to mixed and gay marriages. It seems that I won't be going to Walmart anymore to buy stuff. Yes, I was there today with my wife but did not buy anything or suggest that my "fail-to-see-whats-going-on" wife buy anything. It appears that I'm all alone on this but it doesn't matter to me. The problem is, I'm so unaware of the extent of the situation that I'm sure I'll have to make my own crackers just to eat crackers someday soon. I will say that I don't care about mixed or gay marriages but rather I'm against showing such in public advertisements. I don't care but I just don't want to see it. I'll have to re-word that...There's nothing I can do about it but I just don't want to see it. It ain't OK!

My wife wouldn't speak to me all the way home but that's fine. I could tell that she agreed but doesn't believe she can give up the Walmart.

I could go on and on here but everybody gets the picture I suppose...so I'll hush. Wait, I have to say this....As long as it doesn't matter, folks will say and do whatever it takes to get the most dollars they can. I'm saying that it matters to me starting right now! Please don't do what my sister did and start pointing stuff out as it's pretty hard not buying at the Walmart. Let me find it on my own.

Hunter
12-22-2015, 09:26 PM
I've recently committed to several unrelated things such as stores that have TV ads related to mixed and gay marriages. It seems that I won't be going to Walmart anymore to buy stuff....

I'm saying that it matters to me starting right now! Please don't do what my sister did and start pointing stuff out as it's pretty hard not buying at the Walmart. Let me find it on my own.

Congratulations on taking a stand and best wishes on sticking to your guns. Keep us posted on which stores make your blackball list.

tim
12-22-2015, 10:43 PM
All hail Wilbur, I'm with you. Frankly I culd care less what anybody does or with who, just kindly do not beat me over the damn head with it.

Jammer Six
12-22-2015, 11:30 PM
Frankly I culd care less what anybody does or with who, just kindly do not beat me over the damn head with it.
I agree with that. It's why I never "take the manager aside".

Chism G
12-23-2015, 12:55 AM
Unless they have metal detectors at the front entry. How can they enforce such a policy.

Glenn

swd
12-23-2015, 02:08 AM
Here in the Kommunist left coast state of California all a business can do is ask you to leave. As long as you comply it's no harm no foul for the CCW holder. If you refuse to leave then they can call and have you arrested. But I completely agree and for many years very selectively choose where I spend my money.

CMaier
12-23-2015, 03:48 AM
way to go wilbur!

jackie schmidt
12-23-2015, 09:27 AM
Unless they have metal detectors at the front entry. How can they enforce such a policy.

Glenn

Correct. If you are in a Concealed Carry State, and have the weapon correctly concealed, nobody is supposed to know you are armed.

I look for The State of Texas to start ruling against businesses that are open to the public in this matter. The right to carry is State Law. Only the State can place restrictions on the Law.

r44astro
12-23-2015, 09:35 AM
Concealed is the magic word. I never let those stupid signs deter me

Doug Casner
12-23-2015, 11:55 AM
I guess Im a radical but I cant see where the teachers carrying would be a bad deal or at least the one or two of them. Now in most places all they can do is lock the door and hide. You would still be at a hell of a disadvantage with a little 9mm goin against a demon with an ak-47 in body armor at least you could put a couple a whelps on him. Better than getting shot in cold blood. Hes not gonna let you go.

glp
12-23-2015, 12:58 PM
"The problem is, I'm so unaware of the extent of the situation that I'm sure I'll have to make my own crackers just to eat crackers someday soon. I will say that I don't care about mixed or gay marriages but rather I'm against showing such in public advertisements. I don't care but I just don't want to see it. I'll have to re-word that...There's nothing I can do about it but I just don't want to see it. It ain't OK!"

Wilbur, those of that persuasion have an agenda and that is, among other things, is to mainstream their lifestyle and one way of doing it is to not hide it and advertise it until a majority just ignore them or cave in to agreement. I'm not against what some folks want to do in that regard, but I don't want it in my face all the time either.

glp
12-23-2015, 12:59 PM
I guess Im a radical but I cant see where the teachers carrying would be a bad deal or at least the one or two of them. Now in most places all they can do is lock the door and hide. You would still be at a hell of a disadvantage with a little 9mm goin against a demon with an ak-47 in body armor at least you could put a couple a whelps on him. Better than getting shot in cold blood. Hes not gonna let you go.

or an armed pilot have been welcome on the three 9-11 flights!

Dusty Stevens
12-23-2015, 02:19 PM
If one of those managers ask you if you have a gun just say youre welcome. There aint nothin they can do with their make believe "gun free zone". Id have em advertised as a gun free zone on the news kinda like that sign you see about that guys neighbor being a gun free zone and you promising not to protect him

blades
12-23-2015, 02:33 PM
depends on state law on the signage and weather it legal or not to put it up. here it is in the state law ( WI) that if that sign is up its a no carry spot open or concealed. gives ya a real tingling feeling when you here that certain type of language in the next isle over.

JerrySharrett
12-23-2015, 02:49 PM
To me "gun free" zones are buffer zones. I try to keep a 5 mile buffer between me and that zone!!

As to the question, what if the 911 pilots had guns? What if everyone on all 4 planes had guns??

Where is AMY proof that Buildings 1 or 2 or the Pentagon was even hit by passenger carrying airliners?

What hit Building 7 and took it down, an M-60 Tank??

I never thought when I was younger that the average American would be so stupid!!!

glp
12-23-2015, 03:08 PM
To me "gun free" zones are buffer zones. I try to keep a 5 mile buffer between me and that zone!!

As to the question, what if the 911 pilots had guns? What if everyone on all 4 planes had guns??

Where is AMY proof that Buildings 1 or 2 or the Pentagon was even hit by passenger carrying airliners?

I never thought when I was younger that the average American would be so stupid!!!

wow!!!

sdean
12-23-2015, 04:32 PM
Must be real tough to live in your world Jerry. Plus Bush blew up the levee in New Orleans. Every news agency must have been on the take to doctor the film of the second plane hit the tower.

JerrySharrett
12-23-2015, 05:08 PM
Must be real tough to live in your world Jerry. Plus Bush blew up the levee in New Orleans. Every news agency must have been on the take to doctor the film of the second plane hit the tower.

OK, GW Bush. When he left office we were loosing 300,000 jobs per month. I lost about $55,000 in just one ,one savings fund. The Mid East was generally at peace in 2000, by 2008 there had been some 4 MILLION civilians killed and some 6,500 of our finest, AND some 12 TRILLION dollars spent bombing hospitals and schools!!

At least no one is supporting his stupid brother" JEB!" and he has spent some $38 Million just so far, more than ALL the rest of the GOP field combined!!

No, I didn't vote for the bastard, nor did I vote for the jerk we have now. I voted RP from Texas the last 4 Presidential elections.

Am I unhappy? No! I feel secure in knowing what us REALLY going on in the world.

I haven't voted for a looser since JFK. That is the bastard who tried to take us to war in Cuba!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_nE0aPb13A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRWyO2tftec

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQBlv7sZGVE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJiorJ3YRlk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWC5cxPF1ZY

just for starters..

alinwa
12-23-2015, 07:19 PM
OK, GW Bush. When he left office we were loosing 300,000 jobs per month. I lost about $55,000 in just one ,one savings fund. The Mid East was generally at peace in 2000, by 2008 there had been some 4 MILLION civilians killed and some 6,500 of our finest, AND some 12 TRILLION dollars spent bombing hospitals and schools!!

At least no one is supporting his stupid brother" JEB!" and he has spent some $38 Million just so far, more than ALL the rest of the GOP field combined!!

No, I didn't vote for the bastard, nor did I vote for the jerk we have now. I voted RP from Texas the last 4 Presidential elections.

Am I unhappy? No! I feel secure in knowing what us REALLY going on in the world.

I haven't voted for a looser since JFK. That is the bastard who tried to take us to war in Cuba!

just for starters..

So, if I'm hearing you correctly, those of us who had a friend or relative on the "phantom planes" including the ones who talked to their loved ones on the pentagon plane during the takeover, are now to believe that our people were actually abducted by "the US government" and their bodies were ground up and burned or rendered down in some "secret facility" somewhere?

OOooohhhhh, Spooky eh!

And that even the PLANES were fabricated?

Now I've got plenty friends in aviation and they have steenking pet names (derogatory) for "their" birds....... But they LOVE 'em....In fact they'll punch you right in the face if you badmouth their Ol' Girls. I think, again, that you're telling me that those guys who mechanic'd those three planes (oops, PHANTOM planes) were either in on it? Or brainwashed by the gub'mint?? Or mindwiped by aliens and given false memories???? AND someone went in and made 30 yrs of fake records in 4 different large maintenance files, then went to all the suppliers and got THEIR records wiped......

Duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicate records and maintenance files are de-rigueur in aviation IME..... My one bro-in-law is 30+yrs maintenance for Bering Air, another brother is currently babysitting "his" skyhook down in Sydney, I think if you tell them a bird can "disappear" with all it's records they'll just smile and leave the room.

You wanna' convince them that those three planes were fake? Ohhh, and my cousin's son-in-law was(is) with United.....on the inside where they keep them up in the air..... 175's ground-crew must actually be a bunch of lying reprobates too I guess, although they SEEMED nice, a little shook but nice. Musta' been the drugs wearing off.........

???

I guess here in the real world it's harder to make stuff "appear" and "disappear" than it is on the innernet....

jackie schmidt
12-23-2015, 07:25 PM
I thought it was Dick Cheney that blew those levees.

The "grassy knoll" association of America is alive and well.

Wilbur
12-23-2015, 07:40 PM
:)

Chism G
12-23-2015, 08:38 PM
So, if I'm hearing you correctly, those of us who had a friend or relative on the "phantom planes" including the ones who talked to their loved ones on the pentagon plane during the takeover, are now to believe that our people were actually abducted by "the US government" and their bodies were ground up and burned or rendered down in some "secret facility" somewhere?

OOooohhhhh, Spooky eh!

And that even the PLANES were fabricated?

Now I've got plenty friends in aviation and they have steenking pet names (derogatory) for "their" birds....... But they LOVE 'em....In fact they'll punch you right in the face if you badmouth their Ol' Girls. I think, again, that you're telling me that those guys who mechanic'd those three planes (oops, PHANTOM planes) were either in on it? Or brainwashed by the gub'mint?? Or mindwiped by aliens and given false memories???? AND someone went in and made 30 yrs of fake records in 4 different large maintenance files, then went to all the suppliers and got THEIR records wiped......

Duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicate records and maintenance files are de-rigueur in aviation IME..... My one bro-in-law is 30+yrs maintenance for Bering Air, another brother is currently babysitting "his" skyhook down in Sydney, I think if you tell them a bird can "disappear" with all it's records they'll just smile and leave the room.

You wanna' convince them that those three planes were fake? Ohhh, and my cousin's son-in-law was(is) with United.....on the inside where they keep them up in the air..... 175's ground-crew must actually be a bunch of lying reprobates too I guess, although they SEEMED nice, a little shook but nice. Musta' been the drugs wearing off.........

???

I guess here in the real world it's harder to make stuff "appear" and "disappear" than it is on the innernet....

Well done AL. Numerous witnesses stated that there was a strong smell of kerosene emanating from the destruction site.

The Guvment doused the area with Jet fuel.

Glenn

Chism G
12-23-2015, 08:47 PM
[QUOTE=JerrySharrett;769527]To me "gun free" zones are buffer zones. I try to keep a 5 mile buffer between me and that zone!!

C'mon Man

Glenn

Jammer Six
12-23-2015, 09:07 PM
"Mixed" marriage?

I'm ashamed to be on the same internet with you.

Dusty Stevens
12-23-2015, 09:12 PM
Be careful getting in a family infight.

Wilbur
12-23-2015, 10:39 PM
Don't do it y'all...unless it's me you're going after and that's OK.

Dusty Stevens
12-23-2015, 10:52 PM
I got your back wilbur- its why im here!

Jammer Six
12-23-2015, 10:58 PM
It's almost 2016.

Every marriage is a mixed marriage.

zippy06
12-23-2015, 10:59 PM

just for starters..

Sorry Jerry. You are over the line.
I didn't know you listened to All the crap. You seemed like a nice guy.
I am not going to watch those clips.
JP-4 and JP-5 smells like kerosene. Steel does melt. Everything can catch fire.
Maybe, you should have done some military service in your youth.
My first weekend on a missile cruiser included a fire in No.2 Fireroom. The ship was in drydock at Long Beach shipyard. I saw steel burn, melt, whatever you want to call it. Yard birds put a cover over the access hole. I was poking around on the lower level, before dinner. Saw 2 guys get shocked. They were using CO2 extinguisher. Horn froze. Being a new guy they ignored me. They got blasted. And listened. There was a weld lead running through the hole. This left a 2' hole in the side of the ship.
2nd day on my ship. In my first fire....dinner wasn't too bad. On paper plates. Surprised they still used the galley in dry dock. 9 mos of cold showers...It was el nino that winter, in LA. 3 mos of rain. The barge they gave the Engineers. Well, some prison camps had better conditions....No heat and cold showers.....
Oh, back to 9-11. There is no way the US Govt or military could have pulled off 9-11.
#1 Try to keep a secret for 30 days in the military.
#2 USS Milwaukee.
#3 Sea Wolf program.
#4 F-35 or JSF.

zippy06
12-23-2015, 11:03 PM
Oh, YA. Say what you will about GW. But, he completed his service and has a DD-214. Kerry does not.
GW flew the most dangerous plane the US Industrial complex could come up with. And lived.
And he can land an S-3 Viking on a US Aircraft carrier. The 2ND most dangerous job in the world. #1 is working that flight deck.

zippy06
12-23-2015, 11:04 PM
It's almost 2016.

Every marriage is a mixed marriage.
Ain't that TRUE.
150,000 yrs of huminid life and it's still mixed up.

Jammer Six
12-23-2015, 11:56 PM
Oh, man, I should have read more before I posted...

sdean
12-24-2015, 01:36 AM
Great source for information, doctored youtube videos. While you are here Jerry,
Did we really land on the moon??

JerrySharrett
12-24-2015, 08:50 AM
Ya, know, I've been lucky in life. Lucky, fortunate, whatever. I have many good friends and shooting associates but this thread turned into something not so good.

For those who have responded to my posts in an unreasonable manner, and you do not have the guts to use your real name, I have put you on my "ignore" list.

This life is not worth getting in a pi$$ing match with ppl who do not use their real name. Anonymous? They use something to HIDE behind.

To real benchrest shooters and those wanting to learn the game and to Mr CCBW, Wilbur Harris, who, most times, reluctantly puts up with us;

MERRY CHRISTMAS.

VPI?ROTC 22648 1955-1957

US52545017 1962-1968

Time to wrap presents today.

Jerry Dailey
12-24-2015, 09:30 AM
Merry Christmas to you and yours also.
for us oldtimers: USS Tarawa, USS Essix, VS-39 1959-1965

doghunter
12-25-2015, 10:06 PM
I can't believe all this crap - Wake up Jerry you seem to know a bit about firearms so stick to what you know.

Many years ago, a certified nutter (Martyn Bryant) went troppo in Tasmania and shot a lot of people. He should have never been allowed to purchase a firearm in the first place, but the loopholes let this weirdo slip through. He had a semi-auto. A few responsible firearms dealers refused to deal with him but somebody saw a profit margin and so a lot of people died.

The response from the Aussie Govt. was pure political knee jerk. The PM (John Howard) actually wore a flak jacket to a media meeting as a P.R. stunt to impress the gullible public. All semi-automatic .22's, 12Ga shotguns and pump action shotguns were removed from the public. I don't know how many criminals handed in their Ruger .223 ranch guns but still plenty around here down under. If I use a 'legal' firearm to defend myself against an armed criminal then I am the criminal. Figure that one out?

Pissed off downunder

*doghunter*

Bill Wynne
12-26-2015, 08:47 AM
Have you seen the size of their steak knives that everyone in the place eats with? What is the harm in carrying a 9 mm that you don't even put on the table?

canuck
12-26-2015, 09:58 AM
I can't believe all this crap - Wake up Jerry you seem to know a bit about firearms so stick to what you know.

Many years ago, a certified nutter (Martyn Bryant) went troppo in Tasmania and shot a lot of people. He should have never been allowed to purchase a firearm in the first place, but the loopholes let this weirdo slip through. He had a semi-auto. A few responsible firearms dealers refused to deal with him but somebody saw a profit margin and so a lot of people died.

The response from the Aussie Govt. was pure political knee jerk. The PM (John Howard) actually wore a flak jacket to a media meeting as a P.R. stunt to impress the gullible public. All semi-automatic .22's, 12Ga shotguns and pump action shotguns were removed from the public. I don't know how many criminals handed in their Ruger .223 ranch guns but still plenty around here down under. If I use a 'legal' firearm to defend myself against an armed criminal then I am the criminal. Figure that one out?

Pissed off downunder

*doghunter*

If someone breaks into my place I have to let him wound me first before I can respond, even then I am probably the one going to jail if it ends badly for the intruder....pathetic.....

CMaier
12-26-2015, 01:12 PM
move .

Several states have laws which allow one to protect home, family and car.
Some have laws which prevent law suits by the bad guy.
Some day i will take my own advice and leave kalifornicate

If someone breaks into my place I have to let him wound me first before I can respond, even then I am probably the one going to jail if it ends badly for the intruder....pathetic.....

Chism G
12-26-2015, 01:24 PM

Get the meanest guard Dog you can find.

Glenn

JerrySharrett
12-26-2015, 02:20 PM
I can't believe all this crap -

Pissed off downunder

*doghunter*

Better off than on!!

Wilbur
12-28-2015, 11:00 AM
We can't do anything about anything until we get off our backsides and go do it. At the least I can give the opposition credit for making IT happen.

Bill Wynne
12-28-2015, 11:36 AM
We can't do anything about anything until we get off our backsides and go do it. At the least I can give the opposition credit for making IT happen.

The best thing we can do is to discuss our opposition to the policy with the managers. We should do this in a reasonable way like we are trying to sell any product. If enough polite responsible people step forward and explain that we can make the establishment safer if we are allowed to carry our licensed concealed hand guns while we are dining voices will be heard. If that does not work, there are other places we can eat.

Bear in mind, in the case of a chain, decisions are not made locally but the idea can be passed through channels. I remember the Luby's Cafeteria in Killeen, Texas.

Jim Pickerill
12-28-2015, 08:21 PM
No such notice at Outback in Cincinnati. I checked it out tonight.

JimP

rkittine
12-28-2015, 08:50 PM
Nor in the Chapel Hill, North Carolina area. I do know a lot of places that serve alcohol that do not allow guns to be brought into the establishment.

Bob

Rustystud
01-03-2016, 08:59 AM
I was Facebooking with George Gardner and he was going to Outback where he resides. There was no posting against conceal carry there. I would assume if it is a corporate policy they have not gotten the memo. If it is a manager or franchisee decision then they will need to be educated to the free enterprise system. And we choose another more gun friendly restaurant.
Nat Lambeth

CMaier
01-03-2016, 02:13 PM
You need to walk in the door and then tell them why you are not staying, not just avoid them.

Hunter
01-08-2016, 04:18 PM
In fact, I've recently committed to several unrelated things such as stores that have TV ads related to mixed and gay marriages. It seems that I won't be going to Walmart anymore to buy stuff....It appears that I'm all alone on this but it doesn't matter to me....

My wife wouldn't speak to me all the way home but that's fine. I could tell that she agreed but doesn't believe she can give up the Walmart.

...Please don't do what my sister did and start pointing stuff out as it's pretty hard not buying at the Walmart.

Wilbur, you'd be proud of me. I had to buy a new battery for my truck today and didn't exchange the dead, Walmart battery for another Walmart battery -- I went to another store, even let the pro-rated credit amount go down the tube. I thought about you as I went. :)

Wilbur
01-10-2016, 03:18 PM
Atta Baby! Wonder how long we (I) can keep doing this? My wife insists that she is not gonna stop shopping at the Walmart. So far, she asks what I need and I ask her where she's going. If she says Walmart...I say I don't need anything. She doesn't buy anything that has to be cooked (in fear that she'll have to cook it) so I'm OK there.

Hunter
01-23-2016, 06:45 PM
Wilbur, my wife wanted me to get her a Walmart gift card; I told her that you'd be disappointed. I got her a gift card to another store. Hang in there with your resolve. :)

Wilbur
01-23-2016, 10:16 PM
I've been watching, instead of ignoring, the ads on TV and had to add more than just WalMart to my list. Hasn't hurt too badly so far.

Good on you for not shopping at the WalMart!

Hunter
01-24-2016, 10:05 AM
I've been watching, instead of ignoring, the ads on TV and had to add more than just WalMart to my list. Hasn't hurt too badly so far.

Be careful, you might find yourself with no where to buy stuff.

adamsgt
01-24-2016, 02:32 PM
Since open carry started Jan 1st here in Texas, businesses that want to ban either open carry or concealed carry, have to post signs for either or both. The addition of open carry has proved to be a non-event. However, I've seen an increase in the sign's. Some people I talk to say "just don't give them your business". That's OK so far as it goes, but they don't know that they're not getting my business. With that thought in mind, I noticed in another thread here someone asking for a source to make custom stickers. So, I got the idea to get stickers that said something like "If you ban my carrying you lose my dollars" and put them next to the signs on the business. They'd have to be easily removable so I couldn't be charged with defacing. I'd pay to have 1000 or so printed up and distributed to local clubs for use by their members. Any thoughts?

JerrySharrett
01-24-2016, 03:09 PM

Good on you for not shopping at the WalMart!

CCBW, your boycot is working. WallyWonderland is closing some 200+ stores. That will put 12 cashiers out of work!!

Hunter
01-24-2016, 03:46 PM
CCBW, your boycot is working. WallyWonderland is closing some 200+ stores. That will put 12 cashiers out of work!!

Yeah, but I didn't see any near Spring City on the to-be-closed list. :)

CMaier
01-24-2016, 10:10 PM
why not a business card.
ask for the manager, hand them the card and say good by...
the more bodies you walk in and out with the better.

Since open carry started Jan 1st here in Texas, businesses that want to ban either open carry or concealed carry, have to post signs for either or both. The addition of open carry has proved to be a non-event. However, I've seen an increase in the sign's. Some people I talk to say "just don't give them your business". That's OK so far as it goes, but they don't know that they're not getting my business. With that thought in mind, I noticed in another thread here someone asking for a source to make custom stickers. So, I got the idea to get stickers that said something like "If you ban my carrying you lose my dollars" and put them next to the signs on the business. They'd have to be easily removable so I couldn't be charged with defacing. I'd pay to have 1000 or so printed up and distributed to local clubs for use by their members. Any thoughts?

Wilbur
01-24-2016, 11:19 PM
Can they keep you out because you legally carry just by posting a sign? I don't think they can do that for any other reason. What if a business put a sign in the window that said "No Gay People Allowed"?

I'm just asking here as I don't actually know.....

Dusty Stevens
01-25-2016, 01:54 AM
No they cant wilbur. Only if its a restricted area by law like a school or liquor store. Thats like saying you cant turn around in my driveway thats connected to a public street

Dave Coots
01-25-2016, 10:23 AM
Can they keep you out because you legally carry just by posting a sign? I don't think they can do that for any other reason. What if a business put a sign in the window that said "No Gay People Allowed"?

In Iowa if a no guns sign is posted you can legally carry there. But, if they ask you to leave and you refuse, you can be charged with trespassing. Just another reason to not open carry.

Later
Dave

Bill Wynne
01-25-2016, 10:57 AM
This open carry law here in Texas seems to have backfired. I have seen only one man with an open carry gun on his belt and the had that under his coat at a restaurant. The next day, the signs were up at that restaurant. Before that there were many people packing in there but know one would know. Since the law was inacted I have seen several new signs about no open or concealed carry. I haven't seen any that restrict open carry that do not include concealed carry.

All in all, the new open carry law may prove to be a mistake. Time will tell.

Concho Bill

adamsgt
01-25-2016, 04:05 PM
A lot of people are thinking that we Texans may soon suffer the law of unintended consequences. Hence my thought about letting business owners know about their consequences if they post us. I have a sinking feeling that this is going to end badly. I think a significant part of the push for open carry was the due to the overzealous response of law enforcement to inadvertent exposure of a concealed weapon by CHL carriers. There"s that old saying "Be careful of what you wish for, you may just get it".

This open carry law here in Texas seems to have backfired. I have seen only one man with an open carry gun on his belt and the had that under his coat at a restaurant. The next day, the signs were up at that restaurant. Before that there were many people packing in there but know one would know. Since the law was inacted I have seen several new signs about no open or concealed carry. I haven't seen any that restrict open carry that do not include concealed carry.

All in all, the new open carry law may prove to be a mistake. Time will tell.

Concho Bill

Chism G
01-25-2016, 05:17 PM
We Texans will be just fine. When the Texas Concealed carry Law was passed in 1996, Law Enforcement agencies went into a panic mode, in anticipation of incidents perpetrated by licensed gun owners. Some Law Enforcement, agencies quickly implemented a crash course on how to deal with Law abiding citizens with guns. At the end of the anniversary of CHL passage, there were only a few negative incidents that could be blamed on licensed CCW owners.

I predict that the Novelty of the “Texas Open carry” Law will wear Off, without much for the Liberal News Media to talk about.

If you want to eat at certain Restaurants, and you open carry,you will have to leave your Hog leg and holster in the car. Especially around larger Cities in Texas. Texas is reactive when it comes to crime prevention. When something bad happens, the legislature/Law makers act in an expediticious manner. That's a good thing for Texans.

Glenn

jackie schmidt
01-25-2016, 08:31 PM
My Wife and I went to Luby's Cafeteria last night, and they have a correctly formated 3007 sign posted right on the front door at eye level, banning open carry.

No 3006 sign, so she had her Glock 43 in her carry purse.

I am yet to see anybody open carrying in public.

Rick B
01-29-2016, 02:14 PM

Under the law that was modified in the last session of the Texas legislature, knowingly walking past a proper 30.06 or 30.07 sign with a licensed handgun either concealed or openly carried was reduced to a class C misdemeanor with a potential punishment of $200 which will not result in the loss of one's "License To Carry a Handgun" (LTC), formerly a Concealed Handgun License (CHL). Failure to depart the premises when instructed by an employee with authority to do so remains a class A misdemeanor which is a serious offense and your LTC would be suspended pending completion of the legal process. Conviction of that offense would result in revocation of a LTC and disqualification from applying for one for five years.

The sign described does not comply with the requirements of Penal a Code sections 30.06 or 30.07. There are also various alcohol related signs to be on the lookout for, most notably a red 51% sign which makes it unlawful to carry a handgun into that establishment. This can be a very serious offense.

Many people and groups encourage sending letters or emails to the corporate headquarters of businesses which post the 30.06 and 30.07 signs registering your complaint so that they know that they have lost business because of their choice.

Some groups have business cards, such as this one which has talking points on the back, to use when speaking with a store manager (after leaving your handgun in your vehicle). I don't know if posting the kink to the cards is allowed, Wilbur, so please delete it if it is not appropriate.

http://shop.opencarrytexas.org/No-GunsNo-Money-Cards-50pk-NoGunNoMoney.htm

There is a website which lists businesses that have posted signage.

https://www.texas3006.com

There was a mention of Luby's Cafeterias elsewhere. Many will recall that a Luby's was the site of a terrible shooting a number of years ago at which Suzanna Gratia-Hupp's parents, among others, were killed. Both they and Fuddruckers hamburgers are owned by the same company which is headquartered in Houston. The corporate headquarters were actually quite rude when an inquiry was made.

The answer to your question about a "no gay people" sign is they are a legally protected class of persons and we, with our handguns, are not.

Rick

P.S. According to the most recent statistics from the Texas DPS, the offense rate for LTC holders is 0.3% which is less than that of commissioned peace officers (about 2% according to the FBI). This simply illustrates that both are very law abiding groups of people.

jackie schmidt
01-29-2016, 10:53 PM

Wilbur, this link answers just about any question one could come up with concerning the new carry laws in Texas.

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/rsd/chl/faqs/index.htm

The single most important thing that changed with the "open carry" aspect is what used to be called the accidental exposing of a handgun by an individule that had a CHL. That could result in a charge of a Class A Misdomeanor, a very serious offence in Texas.

Texas Laws are based on common sense. Gov Rick Perry and Lt Gov Dan Patrick did an excellent job in removing much of the advasarial aspect of the Laws.

JerrySharrett
01-30-2016, 07:20 AM
Tennessee is working...some..on open carry and trying to get the communist leadership in Virginia, Gov Terry McAwful and his henchman Evil Herring to reconsider their latest gun grab of nullifying recips of other states CCL.

Remember McAwful is the jerk who used some of his narcotics selling money to buy a house in New York State that he "gave" to Slick Willy and his lovely wife Hillanore so she could run for the US Senate in NY.

Our Lt Gov. Ron Ramsey,, and good old boy, is working on getting the VA Legislature to over ride the McAwful and Herrings unconstitutional ruling of recent days.

Personally I'm AGAINST any CCL since it is simply a method of REGISTERING GUN OWNERS!! The 2nd Amendment gives WE THE PEOPLE the right to "keep and bear"....

So, support any local efforts to bring back the 2nd Amendment in your area. And by all means, VOTE in this upcoming Presidential election. vote for who????

Wayne Shaw
01-30-2016, 07:39 AM
Jerry, as of yesterday, an agreement has supposedly been reached in Virginia regarding the reciprocity "mandate". This will be repealed in exchange for two things. One, State piloted will be present at gun shows to "assist" in running background checks on a voluntary basis. Two, people who have been issued a "permanent protective order for domestic violence" will be prohibited from carrying.

The devil is in the details, which hasn't been completely flushed out yet, but at least this may be overturned. This agreement has bipartisan support, so if there isn't hidden issues, it will pass.

Hunter
01-30-2016, 11:16 AM
And by all means, VOTE in this upcoming Presidential election. vote for who????

Jerry, I'm voting for Trump.

pappa
01-30-2016, 02:58 PM
Jerry, I'm voting for Trump.

IF something is sold at way above market value, seller proclaims a great deal. Soon as truth sets in worth buyer he realizes he got screwed over. Our country has gone steadily downhill for 96% of Americans, since Clinton took office. Continued going downhill for us with GW and Obama. But it has gotten better during that period for the top 4% and their cronys. Why they have even had the American 98% pay their WallStreet gambling losses in the period. Only a fool believes the stocks and futures markets to be a sure thing -- knowledge and information does not remove the gambling facet. So we hear cheery news on news media about the economy. Disney owns one channel, GE another, and Westinghouse? the other. Cheery news from media controlled by giant corporations is often eventually bad for the rest of us.
TRUMP is the ONLY PERSON RUNNING who is not a career politician and who helped put us 98% under the thumb of big business.
Voting for TRUMP will be my privilege.

pappa
01-30-2016, 03:08 PM
[QUOTE=pappa;the other. Cheery news from media controlled by giant corporations is often eventually bad for the rest of us.[/QUOTE]

TRUMP is the ONLY PERSON RUNNING who is not a career politician and who did not put us 96% under the thumb of big business.
Voting for TRUMP will be my privilege.

Hunter
02-18-2016, 09:47 AM
Atta Baby! Wonder how long we (I) can keep doing this? My wife insists that she is not gonna stop shopping at the Walmart. So far, she asks what I need and I ask her where she's going. If she says Walmart...I say I don't need anything. She doesn't buy anything that has to be cooked (in fear that she'll have to cook it) so I'm OK there.

Wilbur, how ya doing with your Walmart boycott? Does your wife know that the Walmart grocery has a $10 off coupon that expires March 1st?

BTW, I haven't been to the Walmart in over a month.

Hunter
05-28-2016, 06:19 PM
Wilbur, I hate to tell you, but I went to the Walmart today -- even bought some stuff. :(

BTW, I thought about you yesterday as I passed the Spring City exit coming back from Ohio.

Wilbur
05-28-2016, 09:59 PM
I spent less than a dollar (I think) at a Walmart last time I went to Riverbend for something I thought I needed. Turns out I didn't need whatever it was but the Walmart was the only thing open when I thought of it. There's no sense in doing without if you really need something.

Make it home OK?