PDA

View Full Version : Rest Tops ?

R.Morehouse
11-11-2015, 12:14 PM
This is my 1st. time posting here. I have a lot to learn. I am new to the 6ppc and lv/hv 100-200yd comp. My equip. is sound and my reloading is coming along well. I have 2 rests that are of high quality and the tops are fixed. I have no real interest in the Seb Neo type of aiming ( just sold one that I had waited ages for ). Is it real hard to compete with the PPC with a fixed top shooting pinning the gun ? Would I be better served getting a quality windage top for one of my other rests? If so ....could you please make a few windage top suggestions....Greenlaw?....Randolph?....Thankyou.

Regards
Rick

Dusty Stevens
11-11-2015, 12:26 PM
Taking the bullets.com windage top and getting rid of the cable system and tuning it up seems to be the best way to go on a cheaper windage top while the JJ seems to be best and is what i use for non joystick. 99% of the guns on the line will be on a farley shooting free recoil. A randolph may work fairly well on a rimfire but i cant recommend one for a centerfire. Never seen a greenlaw so i cant say on that.

Lee Martin
11-11-2015, 01:11 PM
I agree with Dusty. The Bullets.com rests are fine and reasonably priced. I just checked their site and many are deeply discounted. On the higher-end of windage tops I like the Hart. My dad has used one for years:

http://www.rwhart.com/store/prodimages/l_front_windage.jpg

-Lee
www.singleactions.com