PDA

View Full Version : Wilber...criteria for not having post's deleted

UncleB
08-11-2015, 11:02 PM
Wilber,

What is the criteria for having posts deleted.........???????????.You own the site and bring the hammer, but this site is the most heavy handed as far as selecting what it will allow, I wrote a thread that was 100% truth and was deleted within minutes...why ??? it was done with a smile on my face and no ill intent. I respond to a thread and I am only 49% positive and it is gone in less than an hour. reply to a thread that does not infer to Jerry Sherrett as GOD like and it is never even posted.

But you allow people like Mike in Co. to post trash daily !!!!!!!!!!

I do thank you for letting one thread stay that you replied to

BTW: sorry for misspelling the GOD like fellow's name, it is Sharrett

JerrySharrett
08-12-2015, 05:46 AM
UncleB, whoever you are, post your real name if you want to post a slam tat me. I agree, I may not be the most patsy-watsy person on the planet but what I had posted was reasonable and factual!!

Otherwise keep your slanderous comments about me to some other part of the world.

Like I responded to that post, meet me in St Louis at the NBRSA Nationals in September and prove you are a benchrest shooter or do you just want to try to be cute???

.(Sorry CCBW)

Boyd Allen
08-12-2015, 09:17 AM
Until Wilbur (note spelling) has a chance to get to this fine thread, as a former moderator on this site, perhaps I can shed some light. Generally, we are here to discuss shooting, and while there be some discussions of people, it is a good idea to consider how what you post might be received by the person that you are posting about. Generally, the idea is to figure out how to disagree without being disagreeable. Another thing worth serious consideration is that this is not you and a couple of buddies, it literally goes out to the world. One thing that I have observed is that there are a few folks, on the internet, that seem to enjoy stirring the pot. Generally these folks don't have anything useful or constructive to contribute, and they seem to enjoy the sense of power that they get from upsetting people. I believe that people who fall into this category are generally referred to as trolls. I could go on, but let me finish with this, although there is little that can be done to prevent the use of false names and screen names, and when the discussion remains civil I have no objection, when people become inordinately negative or choose to criticize another forum member I tend to take a more negative view. I think that many times these sorts of things would not be said in a room full of people, face to face, or even one on one. This is by no means a complete rendition of the things that should be taken into consideration before hitting submit reply, but perhaps it may prove useful. Now I am off to the kitchen for my second cup of coffee.

JerrySharrett
08-12-2015, 09:43 AM
Once again, I repeat, if the forum required posters to use their real names this type episode would not occur.

If I have something to say I intend to be man enough about it to use my real name!!!

r44astro
08-12-2015, 10:26 AM
I have never had a post deleted.
Bill Greene

JerrySharrett
08-12-2015, 08:22 PM
I have never had a post deleted.
Bill Greene

That's true Trout but everyone knows you are a bada$$.

Coming to Unaka this weekend?

Tim Singleton
08-12-2015, 08:24 PM
That's true Trout but everyone knows you are a bada$$.

Coming to Unaka this weekend?

I've got a fresh barrel screwed on Jerry lookout I'll be ready

JerrySharrett
08-12-2015, 08:43 PM
I've got a fresh barrel screwed on Jerry lookout I'll be ready

Tim. remind me. I've got a book you might enjoy reading.

JerrySharrett
08-12-2015, 09:13 PM
I know what it is and I've read it,
"How to win friends and influence people".
Don't read it, Tim. It doesn't work.

Francis, it didn't work on either of us did it?

Wonder why??

Tim Singleton
08-12-2015, 09:16 PM
Tim. remind me. I've got a book you might enjoy reading.

Will do, if I don't forget

Bill Wynne
08-12-2015, 09:30 PM
Uncle B,
Political comments and personal attacks will get noticed quickly.

It is very rare that a post gets removed.

Concho Bill

Dick Grosbier
08-12-2015, 10:03 PM
Uncle B,
Political comments and personal attacks will get noticed quickly.

It is very rare that a post gets removed.

Concho Bill

Direct attacks on manufacturers whether they are sponsors or not are generally taboo as well.

Wilbur
08-13-2015, 03:38 PM
Uncle B - kindly remind me what the deleted thread/post was about. Truly, I can't remember!

Added: MikeinCo was given a third chance and it didn't work out...it almost did. Actually, Mike is a good guy but it seems that posting is not his strong suit when others don't agree. Jerry is a close friend and, in fact, gets away with murder. If he wasn't a close friend I would have deleted his membership and tried to kill him years ago.

steve stanley
08-13-2015, 04:45 PM
Uncle B - kindly remind me what the deleted thread/post was about. Truly, I can't remember!

Added: MikeinCo was given a third chance and it didn't work out...it almost did. Actually, Mike is a good guy but it seems that posting is not his strong suit when others don't agree. Jerry is a close friend and, in fact, gets away with murder. If he wasn't a close friend I would have deleted his membership and tried to kill him years ago.

Classic Wilbur! :)

JerrySharrett
08-13-2015, 04:50 PM

Love you too CCBW!!

Come to Unaka this weekend I have 4 guns there capable of winning and plenty of loading stuff!!

Bill Wynne
08-13-2015, 04:51 PM
Jerry is a close friend and, in fact, gets away with murder. If he wasn't a close friend I would have deleted his membership and tried to kill him years ago.

Jerry, Wilbur's friendship is a good thing for you. If he killed you there would not be a jury in the land who would convict him.

Bill

JerrySharrett
08-13-2015, 06:10 PM
Jerry, Wilbur's friendship is a good thing for you. If he killed you there would not be a jury in the land who would convict him.

Bill

Is this where the mushy, warm and fuzzy starts? He may want to rethink what he said!!

Bill Wynne
08-13-2015, 06:32 PM
Your are a good sport, Jerry.

Concho Bill

ebb
08-13-2015, 07:46 PM
Gee Wilbur that kinda sounded like a personal attack. Maybe you should delete your own post? Or maybe mine. I was worrying that with Mike gone things will get boring around here, but it doesn't look like it!

afrench
08-13-2015, 08:25 PM
don't worry, Mike is still around. his old screenname may have been canned but he is here.

UncleB
08-14-2015, 12:12 AM
Dont have an axe to grind with anybody, but shocked that Wilbur has not deleted this thread since he has deleted 90% of everything I have ever posted.......Thank You, nice to have a conversation and not ever see it again. hope the trend will continue

Wilbur
08-14-2015, 12:43 AM
I'll ask again..what was it that I deleted?

JerrySharrett
08-14-2015, 07:08 AM
Dont have an axe to grind with anybody, ......

Uncle B, hope to see you in St Louis and show the world you are a benchrest shooter and nit just a pot stirrer!

Good grief M-in-CO at least posted some constructive comments!!

Dusty Stevens
08-16-2015, 02:42 AM
Come see me in st louis jerry. And whoever else for that matter.

JerrySharrett
08-16-2015, 05:47 AM
Come see me in st louis jerry. And whoever else for that matter.

Dusty, if you don't mind I'll let you look me up. The way my detail eyesight is now sometimes I can't recognize people 20-30 feet away! I'll bee on site #9, that is where the road turns the corner just east of bench #1. Intruder motorhome.....see you there.

B.Larson
08-16-2015, 09:30 AM
Once again, I repeat, if the forum required posters to use their real names this type episode would not occur.

If I have something to say I intend to be man enough about it to use my real name!!!

+2

Jim Sharrett
08-16-2015, 01:03 PM
Using "Jim Sharrett" and "Bingo" is the same thing. Actually, you can have both logins if you have two email addresses. Consider what a forum operator would have to do to make sure the name is the right name. Folks aren't all like us!!!! Yes, I wish folks used their real names as well, but it doesn't appear necessary or doable.

Maybe we've forgotten what this site is supposed to be. I don't really care as what it is....is what it is. It's what we made it to be - all of us together. I seem to recall creating this site to promote registered benchrest shooting. It does that somewhat but not as well as originally intended. Seems I got caught up in the scheme of things and forgot that original intention. All in all, it's a pretty decent forum.

What I really need to say is "Thank You" to each and everyone that posts to and visits this forum.

Thank You!

Wilbur

Dusty Stevens
08-17-2015, 01:03 AM
Dusty, if you don't mind I'll let you look me up. The way my detail eyesight is now sometimes I can't recognize people 20-30 feet away! I'll bee on site #9, that is where the road turns the corner just east of bench #1. Intruder motorhome.....see you there.

Ill be in the wolf pack about 3 spots out the lunchroom door by the pool table

JerrySharrett
08-17-2015, 06:19 AM
Ill be in the wolf pack about 3 spots out the lunchroom door by the pool table

You'llbe on ite 1?

Dusty Stevens
08-17-2015, 11:38 AM
Where bart is every match. Billy will be in his own camper next door

JerrySharrett
08-17-2015, 03:58 PM
Using "Jim Sharrett" and "Bingo" is the same thing. Actually, you can have both logins if you have two email addresses. Consider what a forum operator would have to do to make sure the name is the right name. Folks aren't all like us!!!! Yes, I wish folks used their real names as well, but it doesn't appear necessary or doable.

Maybe we've forgotten what this site is supposed to be. I don't really care as what it is....is what it is. It's what we made it to be - all of us together. I seem to recall creating this site to promote registered benchrest shooting. It does that somewhat but not as well as originally intended. Seems I got caught up in the scheme of things and forgot that original intention. All in all, it's a pretty decent forum.

What I really need to say is "Thank You" to each and everyone that posts to and visits this forum.

Thank You!

Wilbur

Jim, Jim, my long lost uncle Jim Sharrett? Last time I heard of you were in jail for stealing Olds Fiesta hubcaps!!

Glad Uncle Jim visited this forum. It is a pretty decent shooing forum in spite of some of us!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1954-56-Olds-88-98-Starfire-Fiesta-15-Spinner-Rat-Rod-Hubcaps-Frank-Calabrese-/391094406819?hash=item5b0f0b0ea3&vxp=mtr