PDA

View Full Version : Nesika J action footprint compatibility??

Gene Anderson
08-04-2015, 06:41 PM
I have a Nesika Model J action and was wondering what other action "footprints" it is compatible with....reason being that I see several inletted or semi-inletted stocks for various other actions but haven't seen any that list the J model. Would like to know if it is the same as some other BR type actions. Thanks in advance for replies.

Gene

Dusty Stevens
08-04-2015, 06:49 PM
If youre gonna paint it then any stock is compatible. If youre looking for a direct drop in and bolt up youll have to find one done for that action.

Gene Anderson
08-04-2015, 07:28 PM
If youre gonna paint it then any stock is compatible. If youre looking for a direct drop in and bolt up youll have to find one done for that action.

Thanks Dusty,
I was thinking along the lines of a used stock....I have seen ads for used stocks indicating that it is inletted/bedded for an "X" action but a "Y" and "Z" action will also work....so I assumed the action screw spacing to be the same on "those" actions as well as the physical dimensions being the same or real close. Kind of thinking if a used stock was for sale and was inletted/bedded for a certain action then maybe my J action would have the same or close dimensions as well as screw spacing and all I would have to do is re-bed it. Just wondered if there was anything close to the J action. Thanks

Gene

Mike Bryant
08-04-2015, 07:54 PM
Gene, a Borden Rimrock BR action is really close to the same footprint as a Nesika J. The loading port is a little longer on the Rimrock. I replace a Nesika J action with a Borden Rimrock action and all I had to do to the stock was extend the loading port cutout on the stock a little longer to the rear for the Rimrock.

Dusty Stevens
08-04-2015, 09:30 PM
Gluing an action in is the way to go so like mike said get a borden inlet and just let the port be long. Most dont have pillars in there for screws anyway so glue away