PDA

View Full Version : J Meyer actions

burtona
06-30-2015, 12:50 AM
Anyone have any information about J. Meyer actions? I have one to re-barrel for a friend and neither of us know any history of the action, It's a steel action with a large fluted bolt similar in size and configuration to a Hall bolt. At one time Clarence Hammonds worked on it as his name is engraved on the trigger hanger, probably was the initial gunsmith.

JerrySharrett
06-30-2015, 12:24 PM
Anyone have any information about J. Meyer actions? I have one to re-barrel for a friend and neither of us know any history of the action, It's a steel action with a large fluted bolt similar in size and configuration to a Hall bolt. At one time Clarence Hammonds worked on it as his name is engraved on the trigger hanger, probably was the initial gunsmith.

A Meyer is what I started with. Built by Fred Sinclair, chambered in 22 Waldog. I also bought the last action Jimmy made, about 2001? Jimmy is still alive and shooting and comes to the Super Shoot. He lives in Torrington, CT but I can't find his phone number. Call Jim Kelbly at Kelblys and he should have contact info.

Lee Martin
06-30-2015, 12:48 PM
Didn't the Meyer action have horizontal lugs?

-Lee
www.singleactions.com

burtona
06-30-2015, 01:07 PM
Didn't the Meyer action have horizontal lugs?

-Lee
www.singleactions.com

This one has horizontal lugs.
Thanks for the info.