PDA

View Full Version : Staying logged in problem

AndyTaber
05-15-2015, 02:14 PM
I have a computer type question here and maybe only Wilbur and his geniuses that run this site might be the only ones to help. I can't seem to stay logged in to any forums when using my IPad. Facebook, email, Netflix, Amazon, etc all keep me logged in, but a forum?, no.

I did a Google search and went to several Apple help sites and this seems to be a common problem, with no solution that seems to work. I verified all of my settings in Safari, click on the remember me when logging in, but always with the same results. I am logged out when I navigate away from the site.

Is there something in the forum softwares in use that are incompatable with an IPad? Has anyone else found a solution? Or experienced the same problem?

Wilbur
05-15-2015, 02:22 PM
Well heck! I surely don't know off the top of my head but will look around and see what I can find. I know you've already done that but I'll look nonetheless....and come back here with what I learned.

Wilbur
05-15-2015, 02:40 PM
"If you are using Safari on your iPad for this forum, you have to set "Private Browsing" to off if you want to use the "remember me" option."

I suppose I need to ask which browser is installed on your iPad?? Yes, you're right about the number of problems out there!

AndyTaber
05-15-2015, 03:05 PM
Genius, I say. Yes that worked. Thank you for the help. I don't know why the Apple help sites didn't know this one.

Wilbur
05-15-2015, 03:14 PM
Well, we won't tell them either.

Hope that works for the long run..prolly won't but...IT COULD!!! I'll quit looking for now....

Dick Grosbier
05-20-2015, 11:11 AM
"If you are using Safari on your iPad for this forum,

Wilbur
Just FYI Safari is the only browser supplied with the iPad & iPhone. Others can be downloaded from the App. store but none I have heard of are very popular. Firefox is apparently coming but not here yet. I think it is safe to say IE will never be available since it is not even supported in Apples Mac OS. I was going to say not supported in Apples Mainline OS but I think iPad/iPhone may be becoming more Mainline than Macintoshes.

Dick
(Longtime Mac user)

Wilbur
05-21-2015, 02:24 PM
I've been using IE all this time and it's been pretty good for me. Let me qualify that as to how it's been good. If I get a page working in IE it will probably work with the others...sometimes not but usually. Now that I'm too stupid to work on stuff I may as well change! At the least it may work for me...