PDA

View Full Version : why doesn't anyone use Remington br primers?

logangrimnar
01-15-2015, 09:19 AM
Found a decent deal on small rifle br Remington primers. I can't find CCI or federal in my area so I purchased them. I read a bunch about them and I know they shoot a bigger spark but I can't see why that's a bad thing. It seems like people used to use them a lot. Am in for a headache?

Dusty Stevens
01-15-2015, 01:32 PM
No they work good

Wilbur
01-15-2015, 01:52 PM
Haven't used any Remington primers in a long while but they were good back when. Buy a hundred or so Federal primers and use them for a few shots to check things. Just so you'll know kinda thing.

Travelor
01-16-2015, 08:10 AM
I have found that, for me, the Wolf/Tula primers give me better accuracy and better ES's.

logangrimnar
01-16-2015, 10:47 AM
Has anyone used them and noticed higher velocity due to bigger spark ?

Steelhead1
01-16-2015, 12:59 PM
When I first started shooting BRest, remington 7-1/2 was all I used and I never had an issue with them. The only reason I stopped using them was when I wanted more one time I couldn't get them so I bought Federals and just didn't bother with Remington anymore. I did see a few people using them at the Dec shoot in Phoenix though.

Dusty Stevens
01-16-2015, 01:00 PM
Not too many people use chronos in short range br so they check the difference on the target and rem primers work well

abintx
01-16-2015, 08:38 PM
I started with the Remington BR primers years ago. Tested [others] a long the way but was never satisfied with them. Remington BRs are all I use. In this game there's a lot of monkey see monkey do or plain old follow the leader. :)

Dick Grosbier
01-17-2015, 07:07 AM
Rem 7.5 primers are good primers, I used them for years in my Hart's and Stolle's. however due to their harder cup I had ignition problems in on e of my Bat's they simply did not go off, the firing pin made a real good dent. Since then I use Fed 205's
Dick