PDA

View Full Version : Farley coax 2 rest

sg5054
09-20-2013, 07:49 PM
What does the space base weigh vs the regular base? I looked on the Farley site and couldn't find a weight for each.
Also what are they referring to, LH rest vs RH rest?

Dick Grosbier
09-20-2013, 09:54 PM
Also what are they referring to, LH rest vs RH rest?

Left Handed vs Right Handed versions.
Dick

sg5054
09-20-2013, 11:19 PM
Dick, I know that.....
I am trying figure out if they are referring to the hand you steer it with. I am a righty for shooting so I would steer it with my left.

sg5054
09-21-2013, 04:14 PM
Wow!,
133 views and not one person knows what the weight of farley space base is vs a std base?? SOMEBODY has to know the weight of their farley rest.....

John Kielly
09-21-2013, 05:25 PM
I am trying figure out if they are referring to the hand you steer it with.
No, the hand you adjust the up & down with and lock it in place.

SGS
09-21-2013, 05:46 PM

I am right handed and my rest has the adjustments on the left side, the same side that I sit on. I thought I had a right hand rest. Mine is first generation so it doesn't weigh the same as either current version.

Scott

alinwa
09-22-2013, 07:46 PM
"right handed" means for right handed shooting...... that is, shooting off the right shoulder using the right eye and yarnking the trigger wit' da' right hand finger.

Greyfox
09-22-2013, 09:23 PM

ummmm, no.

Rick

John Kielly
09-22-2013, 10:01 PM
I was referring to the function effected by the handedness of a Farley. I can steer lefty & right Farleys no sweat, but I'd be disadvantaged if the upright & adjustment knob was on the right side of the base.

I guess I was a bit brief in mt first post.

John

Greyfox
09-23-2013, 01:04 PM
I was referring to the function effected by the handedness of a Farley. I can steer lefty & right Farleys no sweat, but I'd be disadvantaged if the upright & adjustment knob was on the right side of the base.

I guess I was a bit brief in mt first post.

John

No big deal John. It's prolly cause you are in Australia and think upside down :)

Rick

Dick Grosbier
09-23-2013, 04:33 PM
I am right handed and my rest has the adjustments on the left side, the same side that I sit on. I thought I had a right hand rest. Mine is first generation so it doesn't weigh the same as either current version.

Scott

That is indeed a right handed rest. I am left handed, and I shoot left handed, my up down knob is on the right hand side. It would be very awkward for me if it were on the Left side.
As to your weight question, I know 30 or so people with Farley rests and none have the lightweight base. I have a bad back and really would like to have the lighter base but I am afraid there just is no substitute (in most cases) for brute force weight in a front rest to make it stable. I would love to try one of the lightweight bases but I don't think I would find it stable enough.