PDA

View Full Version : Mass. IR 50/50 3-Gun State Championship - Saturday, July 27

mistermike
07-21-2013, 12:15 PM
The IR 50/50 Massachusetts 3-Gun State Championships will be held at Easthampton Fish & Game in Southampton, MA on Saturday, July 27th. We will be shooting both Yards and Meters. There are 36 trophies and the associated points up for the best shooters to grab. Cost is $25/match - $50 for the day.

Sign-in begins at 8:00 with the Yards match starting promptly at 9:00.

Lunch will be provided - sandwiches, water, soda, etc.

Following lunch the Meters match will start.

Please let me know if you are coming so I can get a head count for lunch.

If you need directions, or have questions, please send me an email or give me a call. My phone number is in the IR 50/50 "Contacts" area. You can also find directions on the Easthampton Fish and Game website at http://www.easthamptonfishandgame.com/p/directions.html

Looking forward to see everyone!

Best,
Michael

Dave Shattuck
07-21-2013, 03:54 PM
Looking forward to it. I just hope the weather holds as predicted (low to mid 80's) and doesn't top out somewhere in the mid-90's - with lots of humidity - as we had at Angle Tree this past Saturday, cause if it does, we're gonna all be in for a very long day.

Dave

Team Windsor
07-22-2013, 10:00 AM
Thank you Michael: Looking forward! Please provide ample parking for our Busses, you'll know them by the New York license plates. Ed.

Bill B
07-22-2013, 10:35 AM
Maybe we should charter a bus. I'll be there to defend my title.

Mel Eck
07-22-2013, 10:08 PM
Mister Mike, Please sign me up on the ED LONGO "MC COY" team.

mistermike
07-22-2013, 10:58 PM
You bet Mel ... I'm really glad all the New York folks are coming down. It should be a great day!

Michael

tim
07-22-2013, 11:02 PM
I'll be there primarily to insure Gordon and Mel play nice in mixed company........mostly Gordon.

cpeterson
07-23-2013, 07:44 AM
mistermike

I be there ... my car's license plate will say PA but the guys from New York tell me that was a D.O.T. mistake.

See you on Saturday.

Chris Peterson

Pete Roberson
07-23-2013, 09:53 AM
Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania and New York represented so far and it's not Saturday yet!!
Looking Good Michael!!!!!!!!

Bill B. looks like you may have your hands full but with that new ammo?!?!

Pete

mistermike
07-23-2013, 10:27 AM
Chris,
Glad you're making the drive up!

Mel - is Gordon coming along with you?

Tim - Thanks for watching Mel and Gordon; I'll be plenty busy with other stuff.

Michael

Team Windsor
07-23-2013, 10:48 AM
Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania and New York represented so far and it's not Saturday yet!!

Pete

Bill B. and his ECK rifles have been on FIRE latley! He will be shooting with purpose, there is no doubt. And...he's got that look in his eye's.Beware.

Al Hadfield
07-23-2013, 12:34 PM
Hi Michael,

Penny and I will be attending the festivities.

Ed, parking is a little tight at the range so I have arranged parking for your bus at the BigE in Springfield. It's a short walk to Easthampton. ;)

Seriously, we are looking forward to seeing all our New Yorker friends as well as those from
Maine, N.H, Mass, & Pa.

Let's hope for nice weather.

A & P.

Bill B
07-23-2013, 04:32 PM

Pete

With you and Mel and Ed and Gordon and Bob and Paul and Ken and now Chris, why I have my hands full at every match and lately I've have had it handed to me. But my rifles are now in fine tune and that new ammo so far has been good to me and I'll be bearing down. We'll just have to see who's got it working on Sat. It'll be fun though, that's for sure.

mistermike
07-23-2013, 06:23 PM
Due to the over-whelming response to this Saturday's match, I only have openings for 5 more shooters.

We have 12 benches at Easthampton and currently there are 19 committed entries, and will be running 2 relays.

Unfortunately, we cannot move into 3 relays. We would end up shooting until approximately 8:00 p.m. which is beyond the "shooting" hours permitted by this club.

So if you are planning on participating in the Mass. 3-Gun Championships, please send me an email (michaelgallant01@comcast.net) or call me at 413-289-6388 or 413-658-5824.

Best,
Michael

Team Windsor
07-23-2013, 06:53 PM
Hi Michael,

Penny and I will be attending the festivities.

Ed, parking is a little tight at the range so I have arranged parking for your bus at the BigE in Springfield. It's a short walk to Easthampton. ;)

Seriously, we are looking forward to seeing all our New Yorker friends as well as those from
Maine, N.H, Mass, & Pa.

Let's hope for nice weather.

A & P.

Al: Thank you for your most generous offer, it is most appreciated,But we have made araingments to park the busses directly behind the line of benches, parallel,centered. Thanx again! Ed.

Al Hadfield
07-23-2013, 07:59 PM
Hi Ed,
I understand. Seems your plan would work just fine. Just trying to help you folks from "away". :eek:

See you Saturday, Al

Dave Shattuck
07-23-2013, 08:56 PM
Ed,

Or, if your bus don't fit nice and tidy behind the line you could always park it out beyond the 50M line. There's always plenty of space out there. Plus, it would make a great backstop for benches 8 through 12. :cool: Hmmm, maybe I'll put my truck out there right beside it, only a little to the right?

Dave

GordonE
07-23-2013, 09:15 PM
Michael
See you Sat.

Dave are you getting your pellet gun air from the Dentist?

Dave Shattuck
07-24-2013, 12:15 AM
I just love that happy gas!! The hangover's a bit on the tough side, but that's okay.

See you on Saturday Gordon. And hey, if you'd like I'll save you a spot right beside Ed and I out there on the big 5-0.... you know: where the bears and bobcats live.

Dave

Team Windsor
07-24-2013, 07:38 AM
Ed,

Or, if your bus don't fit nice and tidy behind the line you could always park it out beyond the 50M line. There's always plenty of space out there. Plus, it would make a great backstop for benches 8 through 12. :cool: Hmmm, maybe I'll put my truck out there right beside it, only a little to the right?

Dave

Dave: Thanx for your sugestion. Ill wait untill you draw your bench, Then.....Ill park out there, That will elimanate any chance of being hit by any bullets. Ed.

Al Hadfield
07-24-2013, 08:38 AM
Dave: Thanx for your sugestion. Ill wait untill you draw your bench, Then.....Ill park out there, That will elimanate any chance of being hit by any bullets. Ed.

Say Dave, how about bringing your BB gun instead of the .22? That might even the playing field between us "Flat-Landers" and those "Yorkers".

Keep Smiling, Al :-)

Bill B
07-24-2013, 08:58 AM

Ed, you're a figgin' comedian, yes you are!

Dave Shattuck
07-24-2013, 10:34 AM
Al,

I'll bring along my puffgun only if Bill promises to share it with me to, as you said, level the playing field. Or, maybe you and I could share it as our Sporters just so those Yawkers don't feel too overwhelmed. As if that's gonna happen. :confused::confused::cool:

Dave

Team Windsor
07-24-2013, 11:40 AM
Are we going back to the childish "name calling" I for one have had just about enough. We have some regional names for you guys, but, why should we dive to your level. Dave.....bring yer bb gun, That should be fun to watch.

Mel Eck
07-24-2013, 12:51 PM
Ed,great post enough is enough.

Team Windsor
07-24-2013, 01:08 PM
Agreed Melvin. I plan on backing up my mouth on Saturday, I have no problem with that. Ed.

Al Hadfield
07-24-2013, 02:22 PM
Boys, Boys, here I thought this was all in fun, shows how wrong I can be. :-(

Al

Bill B
07-24-2013, 02:38 PM

Al

Al, for the most part and for most of us, it has been all in fun. I can tell you though that some here from the Empire State are taking offense (obviously) to the Yorker/Yawker thing. Personally, I just always thought of everyone else as "fellow shooters". I didn't care if they were from New England, the South, Jersey or out West. Once you decided to make it into a State vs State thing, well, we figured we would pick up the gauntlet and come fully represented. I can assure you that everyone will be well behaved on Sat and we'll all have fun. No hard feelings here.

tim
07-24-2013, 03:30 PM

Ouch.

tim
07-24-2013, 03:33 PM
Michael,
Sent you an e-mail as well but I'm bring Raide as well. The comedy value alone should be impressive.

Team Windsor
07-24-2013, 03:41 PM
Awesome!!! Your bringing Bob!!!! Yeah, the comedy level will raise, thats for sure. But so will the compitition, we're screwed.

mistermike
07-24-2013, 04:04 PM
thanks Tim ... Raide brings us to 21.

Bill B
07-24-2013, 04:34 PM
Awesome!!! Your bringing Bob!!!! Yeah, the comedy level will raise, thats for sure. But so will the compitition, we're screwed.

Uh oh, that Termite just loves wood!

tim
07-24-2013, 10:09 PM
Uh oh, that Termite just loves wood!

Well he used to but not so much.............never mind.

Team Windsor
07-25-2013, 12:29 PM

Al

My apologies to anyone I may have ofended with my replies to what should be some exchange of wit, maybe a "zinger" or two delivered with what I thought to be in good taste, with at least a little class. I guess I just let the name calling get to me. We really dont need to go there, rite? And when I said " I plan on backing my word" I mean ( on the IR 50/50 card) So .. untie yer panties and get some practice, we'll all need it now, The field of competitor's is getting tougher by the day. Tim: We have made room for you and Bob on bus # 4 ( The USRA. Hall of Fame Bus ) The one with the trailer, It's for Bob's trophies. There is a window spot with a booster seat & some loud "rap" music to keep him awake! Seeya Saturday. Ed.

Dave Shattuck
07-25-2013, 03:33 PM
My apologies to anyone I may have ofended with my replies to what should be some exchange of wit, maybe a "zinger" or two delivered with what I thought to be in good taste, with at least a little class. I guess I just let the name calling get to me. We really dont need to go there, rite? And when I said " I plan on backing my word" I mean ( on the IR 50/50 card) So .. untie yer panties and get some practice, we'll all need it now.

I agree totally with what Ed said above. Ya gotta understand though that sometimes, out of jest, I may spell a word or two the way I talk, meaning "R's" often times don't exist and are replaced by either an "ah" or "aw". But, I guess that seems to be offensive to some, and I'm truly sorry for that.

For those of you who don't know Al and I, you need to understand that especially over the past 18 years folks from New York have either been referred to as Yorkers for Al, or Yawkers for me, shooters from Maine are Maineacs, and everyone else falls into either being a Flatlander, Southerner, Left-Coaster or Hillbilly, all of which are said both when making a post, or talking face-to-face. I guess you could say that what we say is a term of endearment with no harm being intended. I know when Alan Hall refers to me as "Yankee" I take no offense, even though around here, in Red Sox Nation, that term refers to the "Evil Empire's" baseball team, but I understand he is more using it as general terminology than the other.

So, please get over yourself and let's just get together on "the Line" to have some fun on Saturday while also enjoying good food, friendship and camaraderie, plus the strong bond of having this common interest. And believe me, I will be the first to congratulate your accomplishments as they will more than likely be a whole lot better than mine. But, we'll see and time will tell, and all that.

Keep smiling,

Dave

GordonE
07-25-2013, 04:43 PM
Michael
Will Maryellen be baking her SUPER GOOD Treats?
For those "Folks" That have never shot at Easthampton. She makes the best second to none.

Rayhill
07-25-2013, 04:53 PM
Gordon, you shoot. Me and Bob will take care of the brownies.

mistermike
07-25-2013, 05:07 PM
Gordon,
Maryellen's contribution to this match's lunch is homemade brownies, and 2 Pepperoni Breads (Italians know what I mean), one with peppers and one without.
These go along with cold cuts, lettuce, tomato, chips, Clausen pickels, assorted soft drinks and plenty of water.

I also always stock some plastic sandwich bags just in case there are any brownies left over and some nourishment is needed for the ride home.

I'm also trying to get Maryellen to drop by the range. She would really like to meet all these wonderful folks I keep talking about. All depends on her schedule for the weekend.

Looking forward to Saturday.

Michael

mistermike
07-25-2013, 05:08 PM
Gordon, you shoot. Me and Bob will take care of the brownies.

Ray,
Maryellen's already got 2 batches ready to go, but if you'd like to bring more, I'm sure there won't be any complaints.

Michael

Brian_K
07-25-2013, 06:08 PM
I didn't care if they were from New England, the South, Jersey or out West.

Hey Bill, as I understand it the scores will be going into the World Postal as well, so you'll be shooting against your old buddy John Farrell - now if you like a bit of ribbing before a match he's your man ;)

Good luck to everyone on Saturday, I'm sure it's going to be a great match.

Brian

Bill B
07-25-2013, 06:17 PM
Ah, I'll have to include "Old" England on my list. Good luck to you, John and all you Lime--, er, Brits shooting over the pond. ;)

Rayhill
07-25-2013, 06:25 PM
Mike, we were not thinking of bringing any brownies, we were thinking of getting a head start on Maryellen's,
while all the boys are shooting.

Brian_K
07-25-2013, 06:49 PM
Ah, I'll have to include "Old" England on my list.

My thinking exactly :D

Brian

Mel Eck
07-26-2013, 03:05 PM
If we get lucky a jar of Dusseldorf Mustard will show up.

Team Windsor
07-26-2013, 03:46 PM
If we get lucky a jar of Dusseldorf Mustard will show up.

Could that mean that we may be expecting Paul & Brocky?! If so.... I hope someone brings the sausages, or Gordon might just bite off his trigger finger!!!!! Ill play it safe and bring some good jerky for " double/triple dipping! Oh yeah.

tuna921
07-27-2013, 08:24 PM
I hear there is a truck load of wood heading back with the Yorkers....................

Mel earned a box of cookies too......

mistermike
07-27-2013, 10:48 PM
Wow, Word travels fast ... I'll get the scores posted tomorrow -- The folks from New York did great!

Michael

Bill B
07-27-2013, 11:07 PM
I hear there is a truck load of wood heading back with the Yorkers....................

Mel earned a box of cookies too......

The big news coming out of the shoot was Mel winning the 3 gun meters (747) shooting his sporter in all events. What an accomplishment!!!

jerry t mcfall
07-28-2013, 02:29 AM
you could have scored a few more points if you had not sold me your rear bag. Chief

Mel Eck
07-28-2013, 09:08 AM
Jerry , Its all in the sand.

tim
07-28-2013, 03:44 PM
Michael and his whole crew did a nice job during a long grueling match day. The place was at about capacity and they worked hard in hot humid conditions to hold the match. Thank you.

mistermike
07-28-2013, 06:44 PM
Thanks for the kind words Tim. It was a pleasure hosting a match for such a fine group of folks.

Michael

cpeterson
07-28-2013, 06:56 PM
Mike,

A big THANKS to you and your crew for running a great match!!!

A long day in the heat, great lunch, and good people made for an enjoyable way to spend 11 hours.

Thanks Chris

tim
07-28-2013, 08:26 PM
Thanks for the kind words Tim. It was a pleasure hosting a match for such a fine group of folks.

Michael

Lest I forget, kudos to the Mrs. For the great selection of baked delights.

linekin
07-28-2013, 08:35 PM
Thanks Michael for & all for running a great match! It was a long 21hr day but the day was well worth the trip!
Also thanks to the Hill's for the set of wind flags.
An last but certainly not least thank you Mel for allowing me to use that beautiful sporter! I'm sorry to have done it an injustice however. It showed me that I need a lot of work!
It was a pleasure to meet & chat with you all.
Keith

Mel Eck
07-29-2013, 09:15 AM
Keith remember the first seven shots.

Paul & Brock
07-29-2013, 02:16 PM
Could that mean that we may be expecting Paul & Brocky?! If so.... I hope someone brings the sausages, or Gordon might just bite off his trigger finger!!!!! Ill play it safe and bring some good jerky for " double/triple dipping! Oh yeah.

Thanks for thinking of us ...

Paul & Brock
07-29-2013, 03:24 PM
Al, for the most part and for most of us, it has been all in fun. I can tell you though that some here from the Empire State are taking offense (obviously) to the Yorker/Yawker thing. Personally, I just always thought of everyone else as "fellow shooters". I didn't care if they were from New England, the South, Jersey or out West. Once you decided to make it into a State vs State thing, well, we figured we would pick up the gauntlet and come fully represented. I can assure you that everyone will be well behaved on Sat and we'll all have fun. No hard feelings here.

Well said - lets stick with what we do best