PDA

View Full Version : HELP need dies in SC

alinwa
07-04-2013, 12:03 AM
I'm in Greer area of SC, flew down (Greenville/Spartanburg) to set up my son-in-law, shooting tomorrow, 4th of July and through the weekend..........

PROBLEM!!

I had Brownell's send over a bunch of stuff and though the paperwork in the box says "300WSM FL die set" there's no die in the box. I'm setting in the living room surrounded by stuff and NO RELOADING DIES.

We'll call around in the morning, The 4th, see if anyone's open and has dies......but I'm looking for backup or suggestions. Anyone within 50mi of Greenville want to sell a set 300WSM dies???

al

varminthunter1
07-04-2013, 02:50 AM
Truly wish I could help you out Al.
Might try Dewey`s Pawn

http://www.deweyspawn.com/contact-us/

Have a safe trip.
Jeff

crb
07-04-2013, 08:48 AM
Join up on GON and ask in the Gun forum. Probably your best chance [ which is still about zero ].

http://forum.gon.com/index.php?

alinwa
07-04-2013, 11:13 AM
So far no go.... looks like they pretty much close all the doors and roll up the streets for the Fourth :)

Which is just A-OK

We'll try tomorrow....

al

Charles E
07-04-2013, 03:27 PM
Get outcher map. Gastonia NC shouldn't be too far from Greenville SC. Google maps says 79.1 miles, or 1hr 20 minutes...

Gastonia (just west of Charlotte) is where Dave Tooley lives. He may out of town for the Holidays, but may not, too. And he may have a set of dies on the shelf...

If you want his shop number, PM me.

Charles

Charles E
07-04-2013, 05:53 PM
By the way, Al, I have kin in Greer...the Howell family ... please tell me we're not (now) related. While less direct a link, that Howell clan is the same one from whom Ken Howell (Designing and forming Custom Cartridges) sprung. He sent me a nice autographed copy of the book...

alinwa
07-04-2013, 10:31 PM
I doubt it Charles, my shirttail cousin Bob Howell's kinda' out on the end of a geneological limb and other than that the only Howell's I know to be mine are Jan and her mother Marion so I think you're safe :)

Greg Culpepper
07-05-2013, 02:21 AM
Hi Al,

I've got a set of RCBS full length 300 WSM dies here in Linville Falls that you can have if you'll let me get a look at ya. Stay for a visit if you've got the time. You're a little over two hours from here. North on I-85 just past Spartanburg and then north on Hwy 221 to the top of the hill (Continental Divide). If you get to the Blue Ridge Pkwy you went a quarter mile too far.

Welcome to the hood!

Greg

BTW, Peidmont Gun Club is half way between us just west of Rutherfordton. Their next 600 yd IBS match is Sat., 7/13.

alinwa
07-05-2013, 10:42 AM
Greg, thank you for your call and your kind offer, we've located dies locally and are getting mobilized to go get them..... the shops DID open back up today :)

Hope to see you one day at the Highland Games or Piedmont!

al

alinwa
07-05-2013, 10:46 AM
Charles, I've had a call in with Dave, he must be out of town but thank you again for your help! (would have been cool to meet Tooley anyway)

Looks like we'll be up and running, honing out a die within the hour.

al